Hello Guest September 28, 2024, 23:25:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some help for SSE users  (Read 3877 times)

reck

• Forum member
some help for SSE users
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:18:57 »

hi all

after playing this game a fair bit over the last few weeks i have come across some apparent common issues as well as a couple of fixes so without further ado:

Steam version of game not showing correct version:

screen shot 1  type "run" into windows search.

screen shot 2 type "regedit" into the run box and hit enter.

screen shot 3 open the tree to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by clicking on the little arrow on the left.

screen shot 4 scroll down to the folder called "software" and again click the arrow on the left to expand tree.

screen shot 5 open the tree "VSTEP" and click on the folder called ShipSimExtremes and add the following entries:

Build 1066
Exe_Path C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ship simulator extremes
Install_Path C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ship simulator extremes
Language_Ingame EN
LogFiles 0
Steamversion 1
version 1.3.5

note: this is for the default steam install on your "c" drive if you have steam installed on a different drive please modify your install path or ask for help.

i will upload a down loadable reg file for "double click fix" for this it is currently awaiting approval from moderator.

thank you to LoneWolfDon for helping to get this issue fixed
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 22:45:29 by reck »

reck

• Forum member
Steam DLL errors when first trying to play
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:08 »

i have helped several members of the ship sim forums by doing this for them.

screen shot 1: open your main steam directory normally: C:\Program Files\Steam  And right click the Steam.exe file and go into the properties.

screen shot 2: go to the compatibility tab and tick the check boxes for windows (Service pack 2) and run as an administrator click apply and OK.

screen shot 3: browse to your steamapps folder then common then ship simulator extremes and again right click steam.exe (it's a different one dont worry) and go into the properties and the compatibility tab and again check the boxes windows xp (service pack 2) and run as an administrator click apply and ok

screen shot 4: repeat above steps with Questviewer.exe

now restart steam and launch game.

note: this has also fixed 2 players "black screen" some new users get when they first try to play the game
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:02:30 by reck »

reck

• Forum member
a few more fps on quad core computers
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 08:19:19 »

how to get around 5 more fps out of SSE:

first start your game as normal,

then open task manager (right click on task bar or press Ctrl+Alt+Delete)

screen shot 1: right click on Questviewer.exe and click on set affinity.

screen shot 2: un tick the boxes CPU 1 and CPU 2 leave CPU 0 and CPU 3 ticked

click ok and close task manager your game should run a bit faster now
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:25:19 by reck »

reck

• Forum member
some other tips
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 09:36:29 »

if you are playing multiplayer:

do not use the fairmount sherpa or RPA 12 these ships appear to lag both the server and all clients connected.
this has been confirmed with more players i haven't had the chance to speak to yet here: http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,24053.0.html

the protector has had a couple of reports of making peoples game lag, i however have not noticed this so i can not confirm or deny.

towing: if you are going to tow or be towed in MP make sure that both ships are stationary when you try to hook the ropes and do 1 at a time. lots of experience with other players hooking ropes up to a friend across the sea and "magic" ropes spanning 50 miles appearing and connecting to a random player.

Crashes: yes they happen nothing we can do, but if you do crash and especially when spawning/changing ship. do not come back and spawn in the same place, this appears to make other players lag and will cause your ship to appear like the ones in this post here: http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,20882.msg319572.html#msg319572

Buff3r

Re: some help for SSE users
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:17:27 »

Well done reck i hope it will help current use and new users even to get vstep kick up the ass to sort bugs too!

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:33:46 »

Hi

Its been on the forum for a while that questviewer uses 1 core only
And I personally resent the remark that V-Step need a kick off any kind they are doing
all that is possible to get this game running .
                                                                                          Eric

reck

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:50 »

Hi

Its been on the forum for a while that questviewer uses 1 core only
And I personally resent the remark that V-Step need a kick off any kind they are doing
all that is possible to get this game running .
                                                                                          Eric

hi,

i really dont want this to turn into a flame thread please.

questveiwer can be made to use more than 1 core of cpu i however have not posted exactly how to do it here as i am not sure whether it would be legal for me to publish these changes.

with the remark from "Buff3r" i believe his, mine and quite possibly other users feelings may be the same, as while the forums in other languages maybe be receiving info from moderators and maybe even vstep staff there as far as i have found been no updates on what is happening with the game in the English forum so yes although vstep and moderators may be making progress it would be nice to receive info occasionally about the progress of what is happening.

if you wish to discuss this further please pm me i will respond when i can, otherwise this thread is for people to ask for help and for me and other users that can help them to resolve there issues.

thank you

reck

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 11:36:28 »

Hi reck
I like you don't want any flame war thats not in anybodys gain.
If you have found a way to get q.v to recognize more than 1 core I am sure v-step
would be interested in having a look anything that make's the game better can only be good.
Why not p.m swenson about it .
I understand you'r frustration not hearing anything about the progress of the patch but best
I can explain is that it change's all the time so really there is no sure way of giving out news
that may change within hour's so in truth we moderator's are no different than you as far as
hearing things and news go'es.
                                                                                                         Eric

reck

• Forum member
missing registry files
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 16:17:22 »

hi,

this post has the missing registry files that causes some steam users to have version problems with there game.

please note: back up your registry before you start.

for information on how to back up your registry please see this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Back-up-the-registry

to install these entries, just download the attached steam sse reg.zip extract with your program of choice (winrar/7zip etc)

and double click on the SSE steam.reg file, you may be prompted to provide admin password click ok and you are done.

note: this is for the defualt steam install on your "C" drive, if you have steam installed on another hard drive please post here or send me a pm.

thanks

reck

reck

• Forum member
possible fix for nvidia users
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 04:47:34 »

hi again all,

goro337's post here did improve my performance by on average 4fps here is a quote from his post may help some users.

Hi all,

This is for Nvidia graphic card users only who have the latest drivers installed....

I have installed NvidiaInspector and used the FSX settings as shown here - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/

Then turned anti alliasing off in sse. My frame rates improved by 5-10 fps (depending on area).

Hope this helps.
Gordon

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 16:36:23 »

hello,

your help seems very usefull to me and i would like to thank your for that,  ;)

craigster1

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 21:17:40 »

ive done all the wau top the copying the 1.3 thing in the sse file im stuck were do i do it
hi all

after playing this game a fair bit over the last few weeks i have come across some apparent common issues as well as a couple of fixes so without further ado:

Steam version of game not showing correct version:

screen shot 1  type "run" into windows search.

screen shot 2 type "regedit" into the run box and hit enter.

screen shot 3 open the tree to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE by clicking on the little arrow on the left.

screen shot 4 scroll down to the folder called "software" and again click the arrow on the left to expand tree.

screen shot 5 open the tree "VSTEP" and click on the folder called ShipSimExtremes and add the following entries:

Build 1066
Exe_Path C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ship simulator extremes
Install_Path C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ship simulator extremes
Language_Ingame EN
LogFiles 0
Steamversion 1
version 1.3.5

note: this is for the default steam install on your "c" drive if you have steam installed on a different drive please modify your install path or ask for help.

i will upload a down loadable reg file for "double click fix" for this it is currently awaiting approval from moderator.

thank you to LoneWolfDon for helping to get this issue fixed

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines