Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 00:07:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update  (Read 2835 times)

temil

• Forum member
Update
« on: March 14, 2011, 05:43:19 »

Hello.
 I´ve got SS Extreme´s from Steam. Can I do the updates to 1.3.5.from your side, or how do i get my update? How do I see wich version or updates I´ve got in my version of SS Extremes from Steam? How do I do to get the ferry pack now that I´ve got my SS Extreme from Steam?
Thank you for a very good simulator,
Kind regards from Thommy

saltydog

• Forum member
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 05:55:36 »

Hi temil
-for updates you must depend on Steam
-to see the build, click on 'Options', in the lower left hand corner of your screen it should read Build 1066, version 1.3.5
-the Ferry Pack has not yet been released..

You should register the number of your game.. You can do this in 'Profile' at the top of this page.. :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:20:10 by saltydog »

as355

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 10:54:01 »

Hello.
 I´ve got SS Extreme´s from Steam. Can I do the updates to 1.3.5.from your side, or how do i get my update? How do I see wich version or updates I´ve got in my version of SS Extremes from Steam? How do I do to get the ferry pack now that I´ve got my SS Extreme from Steam?
Thank you for a very good simulator,
Kind regards from Thommy
Do yourself a favour and don't update it, this patch will break the game for you.

I wish I hadn't.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 11:42:14 »

To post such a thing is extremely wrong. If as355 has a problem, it is more than likely due to his hardware and not the update. Many players, probably most players, have found the 1.3.5 patch to be a great improvement.
Does he think that Vstep deliberately go out of their way to issue something which will "Break the game for you"?
I cannot think that anyone in their right mind would be foolish enough to say this.
Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 15:24:00 »

Okay,.. sorry as355..

I didn´t listen to your warning,.. now my system keeps freezing and the fps are down to 10.  And Traddles,.. up to yesterday my system runs well.. okay.. the hovercraft didn´t hover and all the little peaks.. but al least it went well.. after the patch now,.. well it doesn´t anymore. And the only thing I changed was: I installed the patch!

Sorry, of course vstep didn´t do this on purpose.. and I´m still trying to keep my passion behind it, but not beeing able to do what I bought this game for for now over 7 month is,.. somehow.. not satisfiing.

As allways..hoping for the next patch to get my game up and running again and to let the hovercraft hover tha pad up and down again ...
*sight*
Holger
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 15:31:38 by Atlantis05 »

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 15:36:51 »

You must remove SSE at first, including deleting your profile. You can use Revo Uninstaller for this purpose. Clean your windows register after de-installation of SSE with a registry cleaner. After that do a clean install of the original version of SSE. Finally patch SSE to version 1.3.5.

as355

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 11:02:16 »

To post such a thing is extremely wrong. If as355 has a problem, it is more than likely due to his hardware and not the update. Many players, probably most players, have found the 1.3.5 patch to be a great improvement.
Does he think that Vstep deliberately go out of their way to issue something which will "Break the game for you"?
I cannot think that anyone in their right mind would be foolish enough to say this.
Traddles.
Something wrong with my hardware? I don't think so...  ;)

Answer me this, why were things that were working previously now not working?
Where have the engine sounds for the Ocean star gone? Why doesn't the numpad period key not centre the rudders anymore? These things affect the core of the gameplay.

I never said vstep deliberately broke anything, don't put words in my mouth please.
This patch has problems you can't deny that - read the bug reports.

Why was it released with all those bugs? Surely testing would have borne that out but it appears it didn't.

I'm not whining for the sake of it, I loved shipsim 08 but extremes has been nothing but a disappointment for me.
Instead of saying my hardware is broken why don't you acknowledge that the game still isn't up to scratch?

As I have said in previous posts this game is priced at a premium and no-one can say it doesn't have it's faults.

FWIW I don't have a performance problem as I'm running a 4.5GHz Thuban, 8Gb ram, velociraptors and a HD5870. I don't get any crashes with the game. My problem is it's still not up to scratch gameplay wise, vessels bouncing at the dock etc never happened in 08.
All I want is a game that works as advertised as 08 did and it did it very well.

Accusing me of broken hardware is doing the company no favours and you're putting your head in the sand by saying so.
I'm not here to start any wars but I am disappointed at the quality as it stands.
I could have kept my mouth shut and never played the game again. But I would prefer to see things fixed and if that means getting on here and complaining then so be it.

as355

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 11:05:40 »

You must remove SSE at first, including deleting your profile. You can use Revo Uninstaller for this purpose. Clean your windows register after de-installation of SSE with a registry cleaner. After that do a clean install of the original version of SSE. Finally patch SSE to version 1.3.5.
Hi MokMok,

I never saw anything like this in the release notes, is this officially the way to do it or did you try it and found it works?

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 11:13:20 »

@as355:
I never saw anything like this in the release notes, is this officially the way to do it or did you try it and found it works?

It is generally better to do a clean install from the ground. Bugs existing in the previous installations won't do any harm.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 18:14:58 »

Accusing me of broken hardware is doing the company no favours and you're putting your head in the sand by saying so.
I'm not here to start any wars but I am disappointed at the quality as it stands.
I could have kept my mouth shut and never played the game again. But I would prefer to see things fixed and if that means getting on here and complaining then so be it.

Couldn't agree more. I haven't played SSE since October because I've been busy, when I returned here I expected some improvements. Yes there was a new update, it solved some old problems but also created some new ones :doh:

I'll certainly second most SSE reviews around, it's 2 or 3 of a maximum 10.

Decided to trash SSE, going back to SS08. I actually miss it, everything working much better there, the great superpacks and all :)

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 08:26:12 »

@MokMok and as355

Yes,.. generally I agreee with you...  in my case it didn´t change anything (oh yes... one thing, my sigita is now lost and whenever I try to reinstall her it says "No possible change allowed" and stops.. but that´s okay with me, as I didn´t use her up to now)

So... Clean install, but not change..  :C  Framerate stays down and Hovercraft stays grounded  :doh: Got to wait for the next patch (again) *sniff*  ::)

But as I´m starting to go back to SS08,... it´s also ok. Perhaps there will be a SS08-Dover-Calais-Superpack in the future? :angel:

best wishes
Holger

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 09:20:43 »

@Atlantis05:
Perhaps there will be a SS08-Dover-Calais-Superpack in the future?

I hope it too!

alex 3d

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 09:29:56 »

they are no longer making 2008 stuff.

Atlantis05

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 08:55:54 »

Yes Alex,

we know this,... it was our way to express we are not hopeless  :angel:

Someday someone at vstep will upload some patch.  !:)  And that patch will fix our major problems  :thumbs:

best wishes,
Holger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines