Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 21:04:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download problem with SS 2008  (Read 3221 times)

proline100

• Forum member
Download problem with SS 2008
« on: March 03, 2011, 12:49:06 »

1st post so please bear with me! I just ordered and downloaded Ship Sim 2008 CE. I have downloaded my emailed program to my desktop. I hit "download" from email and then "save to desktop" ilo "run". I was not asked for license key. The files loaded onto my desktop as 1 compressed file. Now when I open that file I cannot figure out what I have to do to get program to run? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Download problem with SS 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 15:16:21 »

Hello Proline,

Welcome to the Forum.

I assume you have bought it from the shipsim.com website. If so, what I have mentioned below holds good.

First and foremost have you created an account for yourself at the www.shipsim.com website ? You can do this by clicking on "Register" (at the top left corner). You will have to create a log-in ID and a password.

Once you have this, log in. You will then be taken to an "Account Management" page. Here, you click on "Orders & Downloads". In the "Orders & Downloads" page, you will see "Ship Simulator 2008 CE" under "Downloads Overview". Click on this and you will be presented with a .exe file which you have to save (in any location of your choice). Install it from there. In the same page you will also see the License Key under "License Key" overview, which you will need during the course of installing SS 2008 CE.

This is the right way to install the software. Please feel free to ask further questions if required.

Further, after successful installation, please register your License Key in your Profile in this Forum

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 15:17:56 by vin_sun »
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

frosen

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 15:34:43 »

Hello proline,
When I bought SS2008, my downloaded file also was a zip file.
Have you unzipped all files? If not, rightclick on the zipped file and choose unzip all files.
See where the unzip target is, i.e. desktop. When the files is unzipped you should have a
folder on the desktop with several files in, open the folder and run the setup.exe file as an
administrator in some windows versions. Rightclick on setup.exe and run as administrator,
or open. Now the program will install, just follow the instructions. Happy sailing ;)
Best regards,
Frode.

proline100

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 17:54:30 »

Thanks very much for the replies! With your suggestions I finally got it working and took first "cruise"- Pretty nice! I'm sure I'll be back for more help. Thanks again for your support!

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 18:33:18 »

Hi Proline,

Pleased to know that SS2008 CE is up and running for you. A friendly reminder again - please do register your License Key in your Profile in this Forum. This action will allow you access to all sub-boards of the SS 2008 board including Tech Support. If you have a problem of any sort you can search the boards and you may find a solution.

Are you aware that there are 23 FREE Super packs available for download at "The Shipyard" in the www.shipsim.com website? Check it out. In all there are close to 300 odd missions available as free downloads. I don't want to "overload" you with too many details. Start off with the free super packs and you can always ask for assistance for the procedure to download the free missions too. I will be pleased to help.

Regards
vin_sun

proline100

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 22:29:52 »

Thanks for the heads up on the free downloads. Those kinds of tips are very helpful to understanding the simulator capabilities quickly as I have very little free time to explore. I did register my lic # as you suggested. Thanks again!

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 22:40:42 »

I did register my lic # as you suggested.

Did you send this message before registering or after registering? If your registration worked, then you will see icons of "shields" below your Forum name - like what I have. Please tell me how you went about it.

Regards
vin_sun

proline100

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 02:57:14 »

I believe before posted.

proline100

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 02:58:18 »

Sorry after registering.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 06:18:40 »

Hello Proline,

Something seems to be wrong with your registration process. Those "shield" icons cannot be seen below your Forum name on the left. Please follow the link below which guides you with the registration process.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,22945.msg304457.html#msg304457

Regards
vin_sun

proline100

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 13:07:49 »

I just checked again and I do show as I am registered. Do I have to put both license keys. It already shows one registered on my profile page I think I entered the "New Horizons" key. Thanks!

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 14:45:22 »

Yes, Proline ...... you have to register all the keys you have.

Regards
vin_sun

proline100

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 15:07:10 »

Done- I think correct sheilds are in place? Thanks for working me thru that!

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 20:24:15 »

Yeah, Proline .... you are good to go now.  :thumbs: All the "shields" can be seen now. You will now have access to all the boards of SS 2008.

Refards
vin_sun
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines