Hello Guest September 28, 2024, 18:23:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Throttle problem Cartagena Delight  (Read 2342 times)

kenfast

• Forum member
Throttle problem Cartagena Delight
« on: January 07, 2011, 21:27:28 »

Is anyone else having problems. On dual sticks I can only get one side to work and not the other. Throttle 1 and 2 works on only the Starboard stick.  I am using the shipdriver control. Worked perfect before I installed 1.3. Some of the other ships works perfect on the dual control. Don't know how to fix. I need this to work. Seems to be just on this yacht the sticks won't work. Using it in free roam. tried reinstalling 1.3 and also the full version same results. Is this a glitch in the 1.3 or what!

michel70

• Forum member
Re: Throttle problem Cartagena Delight
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 22:37:57 »

After installing 1.3 I have a problem with the D-pad of my Logitech Dual Action Gamepad, before the update I never had a problem with it. If I assign a function (for example engine 1+2 ahead) to the upper part of the cross of the D-pad, it is not working. It occurs only to the upper part of the cross, the other parts of the cross, buttons and the dual sticks of the gamepad are functioning good.
Try several actions to solve it, like re-install 1.3,re-install Logitech driver and reset the ship controls interface but problem still exists.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 22:48:09 by michel70 »

kenfast

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 15:22:08 »

Anybody have an answer is there a fix or is this just a 1.3 glitch . How about some response from tech support. I am not sure how many other ships are affected with the same problem. The other post here is the same problem with a different control but its still a x y axis problem. I almost want to go back to 1.22. At least everything on all the controller was working great.

jfail

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 20:15:50 »

I can confirm that this problem definitely exists in version 1.3.   I have the very first ship driver ever shipped and it worked flawlessly in version 1.2.2.  I noticed this problem almost immediately in 1.3 and contacted P. I. Engineering (the makers of the ship driver) via e-mail. Dan of their office tested and confirmed this problem. When I tried to define engine 1 increase throttle using the options/controls menu I found I could advance the throttle but when I tried to return to neutral the throttle only came back about 80%. I also confirmed this problem with Dan at P. I. Engineering.

I think the design of changing controls in SSE very convoluted, I have no idea what input 2 is for nor is it documented in the manual along with a number of other missing descriptions of functions within the simulator.

It also seems to me that the steering functions seem to be far more sensitive than they were in 1.2.2 even with precision steering enabled.

There are a number of functions that are not implemented in the options/controls for example there is no function that you can reassign for switching between the radar/chart and you are forced to use the mouse.  I had really hoped that the developers would pay more attention to the assignments of the controls in the new version, apparently this is not the case.

All in all I see some improvements in version 1.3, I am not experiencing the FPS problems that others are seeing although I have a fairly powerful computer.  Vstep needs to take a hard look at the controls functions and their definitions and improve upon them greatly.

I find myself pretty disappointed by this upgrade and they have a long way to go to make it as good as 2008 was.  By the way, the ship driver unit still works great in version 2008.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 20:17:29 by jfail »
John
U.S. Coast Guard (Retired 1977)

kenfast

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 17:41:57 »

Thanks for your reply J. The shipdriver is a great tool I am a Captain for Entertainment Cruise and drive various ships. This keep me sharp during the winter off season. Yes I preordered mine also tho I would like a better detent on the neutral stop.  Any way I also found the thruster to be a problem also. Once turned on cannot turn off to 0. Have to use the mouse to switch off. Is there a way to go back to 1.22 safely. I am thinking seriously about that. The cosmetic is not as important as the control use is to me.

jfail

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 17:51:05 »

Hi Kenfast

I don't know of a way to go back to 1.2.2, perhaps others might be able to help on that.  Only other way would be to re-install SSE from the ground up and apply the 1.2.2 update.

I just decided that I would work with Dan at P.I. Engineering this coming week and see if we can get Vstep to respond on this issue and possibly fix it.  As I said earlier I find the procedure for changing control assignments in SSE (and even 2008) a real painful procedure which is poorly documented (not all in the manual).

I am just going to not use 1.3 for the time being and keep working with 2008 (which is far more stable) and hope for improvements in the control re-assignment procedure.

John
U.S. Coast Guard (Retired 1977)

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 18:20:25 »

Hello,
There is indeed an error that went unseen in one of the Cartagena Delight files, probably independently of other controllers problems, that could easily be fixed.
Regards,
Luc

kenfast

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 19:49:59 »

Thanks J and Luc for the updates and replies. Hope the fix comes soon and Dan at PI comes up with some pull to work this out. I'll give Dan a hello when I have some time. He help me with some suggestion on the detent problem with shipdriver. Will give him a heads up this week. Hey shipsim developer window the charts and control so i can put them up on a dual screen that would be great.

kenfast

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 12:32:54 »

LucATC

Any Idea on the time frame of the availability of the fix for Cartengenas Deligt throttle problem and also the thrusters on some of the ships will not zero out once you use them. I just set up a reset for the thruster on a seperate channel but it use to work with my switch before 1.3 update. Thanks I had to demo this for a client and used the ss08 for a luxury yacht demo. Would be nice to use SSE.   Please let me know the status of the fix Thanks

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 12:35:34 »

kenfast, you can get 1.2.2 from here: http://games.softpedia.com/downloadTag/Ship+Simulator+Extremes   :)

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 15:13:00 »

Hello Kenfast,
The zeroing is something that will be corrected in the next (nearing) patch, while the throttle problem of Cartagena D. was my mistake, a very elementary one (I have now sent you a mail about that).
Regards,
Luc

kenfast

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 00:58:20 »

Thanks LucATC the patch worked. I know there's a lot of work in the development of this program. Thanks fpr your time.

kenfast ( Captain Ken)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines