Hello Guest June 26, 2024, 02:23:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 98 Years Titanic  (Read 13681 times)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: 98 Years Titanic
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2010, 11:43:20 »

Marty has a very valid point there. How many of the "Titanic" fanatics have actually sailed a "Titanic" mission? ??? Looking at the records, the answer to that question could be answered by totting up the number of fingers on two hands. Out of 49,000 members, who are presumably players, :P that amounts to vitually none. Actually handling the model, rather than feasting ones eyes on her, is an excellent way to learn how a large vessel without bow thrusters and all the modern aids, actually was navigated. The model is highly detailed and looks wonderful, but as a player ship she is hardly ever used.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

mvsmith

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2010, 15:31:00 »

Hi Shane,

I don’t think “removed” is the right word. Extremes is a new game that initially had no ships to be removed. Ships are added with considerable effort.
It is a question, rather, of omitting or postponing the addition of a ship for technical reasons based upon weighing the utility of the ship versus the difficulty and the possible impact on the release date.

Regards,
Marty

darkcapilla

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2010, 18:57:53 »

one thing I have to say. I'm no fan of the movie. I knew him. in photos and their investigations of series. I started drawing him almost always. :angel:

Kapn Jonah

• Forum member
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2010, 19:01:28 »

Him..? If your referring to the vessel its her, people make this mistake often and try to argue, however, ships are never "Him" or "He" (Masculine) they are "Her" or "She" (Feminine).
Regards,
Jonah

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2010, 19:34:32 »

Note that they are not referred to as 'it' either.
Almost never here, try here.

mvsmith

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2010, 20:09:36 »

I think the question here is whether or not she's worth the effort. What do you think, Marty?

She’s an excellent ship, Shane, and worth an effort to put her in the simulator. The question is: Can the developers make that large effort now, while they have a very large swamp to drain.

darkcapilla

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2010, 21:29:56 »

Him..? If your referring to the vessel its her, people make this mistake often and try to argue, however, ships are never "Him" or "He" (Masculine) they are "Her" or "She" (Feminine).
mm if i related to Titanic. errors in the translators.
Titanic anyway not to blame for the delay. anyway just changed the waves pss see if there is a big change and pass a vessel of the same graphics engine almost costs nothing. and less if you do not put anything back to the ship. watching videos and pictures remain the same no change in sight :(

I worked in different engines and graphics and does not cost me anything to change it to another.
the trouble is that most things are put on ships. that is another thing .. :evil:

mvsmith

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2010, 22:35:16 »

Has anyone questioned whether or not the effort has made a huge dent? I mean, as far as I know I haven't heard that she was the cause of any delays. Is there something I'm missing? ???

Yes you are missing something, but I’m bound by a Non-Disclosure Agreement not to discuss the details.
At the proper time VSTEP will enlighten you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines