Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:39:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit Speed??  (Read 3762 times)

patriot

• Forum member
Edit Speed??
« on: July 30, 2007, 19:19:19 »

Is there any way to edit the ships speed at all?

Shipaddict

• Forum member
Re: Edit Speed??
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 19:35:47 »

Nope. Please search the forum to get the info you need. If you can't find what you want then make a new topic.

Orinoco

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 12:07:04 »

No, and trying to do so is a breach of your EULA, and voids the warranty on your software.

strassenkreuzer

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 12:43:08 »

all specs of the models are saved in *.cgr files. I don´t know any freeware program who can open this.
Wer andern eine Bratwurst brät, hat ein Bratwurstbratgerät.

patriot

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 16:55:33 »

No, and trying to do so is a breach of your EULA, and voids the warranty on your software.

And I wasnt tryig to do that, I was just asking If you could do that or not.

marlin7

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2007, 23:47:57 »

So if you were going to do it how could you?

Viod the warrenty? what kinda BS is that. You can just uninstall it then re-install it if you screw up the game. Some ships seem to slow for me. I know you used to be able to edit in 2006
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 23:51:25 by marlin7 »

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 23:52:05 »

well, you cant in ss08

orinoco is right though. you would breach your eula. its more to do with protecting the developers in case any unauthorised hacks/changes/reverse engineering screws your computer.

But, with respect, if you couldn't find this out by searching the forum- a simple task- I don't rate your chances of successfully modifying the game, tbh.

Stu
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 23:57:40 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

marlin7

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 23:56:02 »

well, you cant in ss08

orinoco is right though. you would breach your eula. its more to do with protecting the developers in case any unauthorised hacks/changes/reverse engineering screws your computer.

But, with respect, if you couldn't find this out by searching the forum- a simple task- I don't rate your chances of successfully modifying the game, tbh.

Stu

Oh I did do a search . but this was the only topic that came up. I understand its there to protect the devs. But im sure it wouldnt be hard to add in. Or explain how to do it at your own risk ;) Or use a simple program that edits it

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 00:01:04 »

Oh I did do a search . but this was the only topic that came up. I understand its there to protect the devs. But im sure it wouldnt be hard to add in. Or explain how to do it at your own risk ;) Or use a simple program that edits it

Tbh it is really a contraversial subject already. I'm in the same mind as you, but there was a post by pjotr (developer) that effectively killed the ship editor.

I put forward a suggestion similar to yours that we should be able to have access to a basic editor and use it at our own risk. But pjotr explained that there is no simple editor and that to make a simple editor would take as long as the original game.

If I understand rightly, the ship specs are hard coded into the game require a decompile (or whatever its called) to do it. Shame I would agree.

Stu

EDIT: Marlin, have a look at this official post. It explains it better.

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,1071.0.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 00:03:58 by Stuart2007 »
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

marlin7

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 00:04:33 »

Tbh it is really a contraversial subject already. I'm in the same mind as you, but there was a post by pjotr (developer) that effectively killed the ship editor.

I put forward a suggestion similar to yours that we should be able to have access to a basic editor and use it at our own risk. But pjotr explained that there is no simple editor and that to make a simple editor would take as long as the original game.

If I understand rightly, the ship specs are hard coded into the game require a decompile (or whatever its called) to do it. Shame I would agree.

Stu

Or it could also be an excuse not to put effort into an extra ship editor.  Not saying that it is, but it just seems like a simple thing to do. Just changing some numbers? But im not  a programmer. It was real easy to do with the patrol boat in 2006.  I hope we will be atleast able to creat our own ships in the future.

I read that topic. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 00:06:53 by marlin7 »

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 01:19:39 »

Not only will it void your warranty, they encrypted there ship files and once encrypted you can't decode it unless you made the encryption.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 09:48:06 »

Hi Marlin

I don't think 'excuse' is the right word, to be honest. Every piece of development has to be paid for. I'm sure if Vstep could be convinced that there were X number of people prepared to pay Y £/$/Fr etc then they would release one.

The problem is that all the development time for a free add on? Forget it. It isn't going to happen.

Whether Vstep is taking this course to stop 3rd party development or just because of the scale of development, I do not know. I'd be surprised if it were the first option as I think Vstep could probably make money by licensing SDKs to third parties.

I think that if the patrol boat could have BASIC features changed then I would be surprised if the others couldn't- but remember that 08 is a new programme.

That said, I remain hopeful that one day in another version. As long as we keep supporting Vstep and buying the product.

Stu

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 11:28:19 »

i think that only quest3d can open cgr. files  ;)

strassenkreuzer

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 23:53:40 »

cgr files can be opened by "Catia V4" or "Catia V5". This is no freeware. Its a expensive profi software...
Wer andern eine Bratwurst brät, hat ein Bratwurstbratgerät.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines