Hello Guest June 10, 2024, 18:34:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Sim 2006-Mission 13  (Read 4278 times)

ChrisCrash

• Forum member
Ship Sim 2006-Mission 13
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:15:19 »

In this mission one must move a container ship from one berth to another in NY Harbor. 
For some reason, each time I reach just outside of the departing harbor mouth, I "bump" a shoal (or whatever) and get a environmental $ penalty.  The chart shows 31 feet of depth at this point.  I have tried different speeds from under 10 knots to full speed.  I have tried the left, middle, and right as I leave the mouth.  And yes, I know about the shallows to the left and the lighthouse, etc. to the right.

Can anyone tell me what the "trick" is in this mission?

The odd thing too is that I have completed this (and all 40) of these missions before.  I just re-installed it yesterday and thought I'd play it again.

btw: I've noticed in these forums that a LOT of people are asking for the Key.  (Must be a lot of illegal copies out there...)  Anyway, most are usually told to look at the back of the Manual for it...or the box.  That is wrong.  My key at least, is on the back of the CD envelope.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Ship Sim 2006-Mission 13
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 13:19:41 »

Hi ChrisCrash,
Welcome to the forum. I have just re-run this mission to see what happens. I find that, if I keep between the dotted lines as I leave the dock entrance and avoid the "bump" on the port side and then the isolated shallow patch as I approach the deep water, then all goes well.  Other than that I cannot see any reason why you should ground your ship as you leave the dock. All I can suggest is that you keep trying and you WILL succeed eventually. Best of luck. ::)
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

ChrisCrash

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 00:25:30 »

Thanks Traddles.  I accomplished it last night keeping the speed at 5-6 knots.  The ship still did a little wiggle...first to starboard, then port as usual, but no damage report.  Glad that's over with!

TerryRussell

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 00:31:11 »

Good evening chaps!

After reading your first posts, I went off an dinstalled Ship SImulator on 64-bit Windows 7. It worked like a dream, which surprised me greatly. I thought it would be a struggle like everything else to do with Microsoft's recent releases (escapees?).

I followed Traddles' recommended route (which I think I did when I first had SS2006 all those years ago). That worked fine. So either going slowly or careful plotting of the route seems to do it! Yay  :2thumbs:

maks200111

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 12:08:07 »

Hi ChrisCrash,
Welcome to the forum. I have just re-run this mission to see what happens. I find that, if I keep between the dotted lines as I leave the dock entrance and avoid the "bump" on the port side and then the isolated shallow patch as I approach the deep water, then all goes well.  Other than that I cannot see any reason why you should ground your ship as you leave the dock. All I can suggest is that you keep trying and you WILL succeed eventually. Best of luck. ::)

Hello! How to download new scenarios for Ship simulator 2006? :captain:

McGherkin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 13:14:53 »

Double-posting is against forum rules. You have been given an answer elsewhere.
Almost never here, try here.

TJK

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 08:42:30 »

Hello! How to download new scenarios for Ship simulator 2006? :captain:

Register you game key into you profile http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=profile

and you will find some missions here http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/board,10.0.html

TJK/Tore
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:44:53 by TJK »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines