Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 02:22:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Waves not realistic enough. They do not effect ship handling or navigation  (Read 2038 times)

marlin7

• Forum member

I like the improvements, I mean the first game didnt even have waves. Made me think the dev havent even been on a boat before. I do not think the waves are realistic enough. They dont affect ship speed. A speed boat is not going to cruise at 50+ knts in 4 meter seas. That boat would capsize and sink if you tried there.

There seems to be no skill needed to navigate in heavy seas. Any boat even the water taxi can just plow though 4 meter seas. The waves are too uniform also. Theres no choppy seas, the waves do not break and the distance between the crests is always the same. They seem all for show and dont effect game play.

I like the game though ;) Just hope this can be improved
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 23:23:11 by marlin7 »

marlin7

• Forum member

yes, the wave system could be more randomized, or perhaps use a more complicated model of some kind. That always gets me when I'm sailing in rough seas, the way all the waves look the same.

Yea, I was really hoping to try to navigate through a big storm. Ships can sink from not being piloted properly in  high seas. These waves are just here for cosmetics. I shouldnt be able to drive a water taxi at 30knts in a storm.

Stuart2007

• Forum member

Oh dear. another topic saying exactly the same things as before.  :(

Remember that SS is pioneering. It isn't just copying someone else and being generic- it is doing something different.

If you want to spend millions of quid building a fully commercial simulator then I'm sure Vstep will make it more realistic, but as been said so many times before. Rome was not built in a day.

I'm going to lock this topic. Not because I'm trying to stiffle criticism, but there are so many topics about waves already. I feel like I'm drowning in them (odd considering how far from the coast I live)

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines