Hello Guest September 24, 2024, 19:32:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightship simulator  (Read 1384 times)

captain mcenzi

• Forum member
Lightship simulator
« on: March 27, 2010, 20:32:56 »

I was (not going to say when) at the lightship chesepeake, and I thought "hey, Lightship sim! that'd be the greatest!" and I was wondering if anyone knew if such a thing exicted. if so,  can you please reply, and say what it is.
if you would like a job in this MP, NON-PROFIT organaztion, contacted me on the shipsim fourm.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
Re: Lightship simulator
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 22:54:52 »

Hi,

Can you explain what you're after exactly please??

As far as I know though, there is nothing around that involved piloting a lightship.

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 09:50:11 »

Officially added to the "list of confusing topics made in 2010" :sleepy:

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:20:03 »

New Lightship Sim - Out Soon

Live the Dream

Switch the light on and off

Drink tea and wait for it to get dark

Do some painting

All for just $299.99

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 11:25:28 »

Hi Clanky,

Don’t forget that you can play “Dodge the Olympic!”

Regards,
Marty

captain mcenzi

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 14:22:23 »

hmmm, sorry for makeing it so cunfusing guys.  :-\ but I mean like a game that you pilot a lightship out to sea, or to new requested places, and maintain the ship, E.X. have light tenders bring lamp oil, fuel, provisions. or just explore the lightship, looking over the crew. this what i'd die for! :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 14:26:38 by captain mcenzi »
if you would like a job in this MP, NON-PROFIT organaztion, contacted me on the shipsim fourm.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 15:25:10 »

Most lightships are not self propelled so it would be hard to sail them. In the UK now all lightships have been replaced with automatic light floats which very certainly are not self propelled. Even our lighthouses are all automatic now so please don't suggest a Lighthouse simulator. ::)
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

captain mcenzi

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 15:38:02 »

the light ship "chesepeake" has an electric-deisel engine it is self propelled, and Can't there still be a historic simulator, like if the game took place in the past.  over here in the us there are not many lightships is service, but there is one that I know of, 10 NM off the coast of ocean city, MD I've visited it once, the crew yelled at me and said "Get lost!! Your too close!" I expected they we're not happy with me....   ;D
              I am quiet annoying sometimes! :lol: a light house sim, now thats an idea! Not! that would be even more boring, esspeially if they are automatic. how would would a person a win a game like that?:D clicking a button?

[CLICK] yea, i'm winning!                                                                                             [LIGHT COMES ON]Oh, I am good, that was pretty challangeing, though!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 15:52:02 by captain mcenzi »

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 16:06:58 »

how close was that? When the ferry Norrøna came to the faroe island we were able to touch the side of her with our hands, so did many other boats.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines