Hello Guest September 27, 2024, 23:17:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viking Line Timetables  (Read 2550 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Viking Line Timetables
« on: January 18, 2010, 00:06:27 »

Does anyone know much about Viking Line?

I am going to try the Stockholm - Helsinki run... There are 2 ships on that run- the Gabriella and Mariella... No one at viking seems prepared to say which one does which departure and say that it depends on which one is allocated that day!!! Must be a 'lost in translation' problem, as anyone can see that can not be true for a crossing that length, when they are both in nearly constant use.

Anyway, to those who live around the Baltic- any info would be appreciate...
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

J3nsen

• Forum member
Re: Viking Line Timetables
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 00:16:42 »

Stockholm - Helsinki!? Viking line is not running between those cities. It's probably just Silja Line. But you've gotStockholm-Helsinki with Viking Line. But it will maybe only be Marinella. For Gabriella has another route until 22 / 2 2010.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 00:19:23 by J3nsen »
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,10335.250.html

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 00:33:40 »

Oh great  :o

http://www.vikingline.fi/timetables/timetables/timetables/

According to their website... they do... But they are not much help by email (I don't speak Finnish or Swedish and they don't speak English)...

Ah well, maybe I will try the Polferries Gdansk - Stockholm instead... At least I can speak one of those languages!  :)
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 09:37:08 »

Viking Line do operate Stockholm-Helsinki  :-\

v.h94 will know more  ;)

TFMs Guide to Crossing the Dover Channel (http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,21107.0.html)

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 14:12:55 »

Here I'm :thumbs:

Viking line IS runnig betwen helsinki and stockholm but stops in Mariehamn half an houer in the night so they can sell tax free.

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 14:33:45 »

They can have them open but the passengers gets Tax Free (Like Me) when they go by Mariehamn before I think 1992 they did go direktly to Helsinki without stoping at Mariehamn.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 16:13:42 »

Thanks gentlemen

They only stop for 5-10 minutes- just to exploit the loophole in the EU regs... :2thumbs: Good for them... and us :thumbs:

Mariehamn looks a lovely place though. Perhaps I will jump ship and explore... (and maybe start a campaign for the Mariella and Olympia (in one sea)) ;D

Only one thing bothers me. The language. I always try to learn a bit wherever I go, but I know Swedish and Finnish are amongst the hardest languages to learn :-\

I doubt just saying "Me like Volvo ;D " will be enough to get by...

Then again, how hard can it be to master the following phrases:
"Beer please."
"Beer please."
"More beer please."
"More beer please."
"I feel sick"
"More beer please."
"I am dying. Where is England?"

;D

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 17:42:25 »

Do you want all thet translated also both sweden and finland have great education in english so almost everybody you will meet can talk english :thumbs:

Here are the translations if you want:

''Jag Gillar Volvo'' Is a great phrase here :doh:

''Öl Tack''
''Öl Tack''
''Mer Öl Tack''
''Mer Öl Tack''
''Jag mår dåligt''
''Mer Öl Tack''
''Jag är döende, Vart är England.''

Also Mariehamn Is a great city smal but great but you wont have time to be there the ship ariwes to Mariehamn at 23:50 If i remember right and departs 15 minutes later :doh:

And your camaign íde sounds great :thumbs:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 18:55:53 »

The viking staff seemed a bit bemused when I said I wanted to travel on the Mariella and not Gabriella

"Gabriella is the flagship for the route..."

"Maybe... But I do not want to travel on the Gabriella."

As for the language, it is only good manners to TRY and speak the language when you visit somewhere new.

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 19:01:32 »

Hehe yes but Mariella has been there flag ship and she is a great ship ;)

If you go on a trip  I will book one to ;D

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 19:44:10 »

Joking aside, look at the way Viking say that although old now, it has been 'thoroughly upgraded to the same standard [as the rest of the fleet'... COmpare and contrast to P&O with the 'we can't be bothered to spend'... and they wonder why they are losing money  ::)

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 19:50:45 »

They will upgrade the Turku-Mariehamn-Stockholm route before the Helsinki-Mariehamn-Stockholm route, they also have plans to make the ships eaven more enviromentfriendly by driving them on naturegas instead of disel ;)

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 20:35:27 »

Told you VH would know  ;)

If you aren't wanting a minicruise what about arranging it so you go spend a night in Helsinki and then come back the next day - you should go on her then one time...

TFMs Guide to Crossing the Dover Channel (http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,21107.0.html)

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 20:39:13 »

Yes I can recomend Helsinki or the oposite start at Helsinki and stay a night or 2 in Stockholm. ;)

v.h94

• Beta Tester
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 21:12:08 »

Hi here is a werry usefull link:

http://www.vikingline.fi/download/VL_PR_ENG_low.pdf (http://www.vikingline.fi/download/VL_PR_ENG_low.pdf)

If you have any Questions just ask me I have goed on everyship on the route betwen Finland and Sweden and many more. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines