Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 21:32:04 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wow! SS2008. GREAT!  (Read 2785 times)

nathan

• Forum member
Wow! SS2008. GREAT!
« on: August 02, 2007, 11:12:31 »

I'd Just like to say guys, that the new game is awesome! Haven't ordered yet, but will do soon, i have played the demo and watched the trailer a few times, and each time, it gets better!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Wow! SS2008. GREAT!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 12:52:48 »

Hiya :)

Glad to hear you like it, it is a great game and very enjoyable to play ;D

Have fun when you get the full game, which I'm certain you will ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 17:47:19 »

Greetings,
Yes, the new game is amazing,if you compair this with the early version(2006).
The missions are great to play,the scenery and the waves,all just amazing.
I love the game,it's alot of fun.
If you are interested in ship,and ship-handling,you should have the game.
Regards
Marc
N

andy_m

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 17:20:43 »

I'll second that motion, '08 is a vast improvement on the previous version, thats not saying '06 isnt good of course far from it.  :)
It runs like a dream too, and my system is slightly below spec and I have no probs what so ever, bargain! Not to mention I seem to be free from all the major bugs the other guys seem to mention, only noticed the multiship mission mooring bug which isnt anything major.
I sure am looking forward to the content we are going to get in the future too, bring on the '06 vessels, I miss them!

Regards,
Andy
Why is the Rum ALWAYS gone?

Tony B

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 18:53:40 »

I have been playing it for the past day or so.
Here's my thoughts as my first job was on an offshore supply/anchor vessel like the one in the sim. I've been flying MS Flightsim since 95 and had just about every release since.

Sounds:
Could be a soundcard setting on my end, but some ships have no interior sound at all.
The horn sounds are simply aweful, I'd expect some real recordings of horns for a $51.00 USD sim, not a cheap casio keyboard trying to sound like a horn. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dying to have a horn, but it would be nice.

The engine sounds could be better. On the offshore anchor vessel, it basically uses the small tug engine sound, but with the container ship rumble/rattle sound. Basically all the engine sounds could use a lot of improvement.

Controls:
I have my Saitek Cyborg 3D stick configured for the controls. It would be nice to have the stick work the controls in walk around view, where I could control with the stick when at one of the side steering stations of big ships.

Offshore Rig:
Nice touch. It pulls incredibly slow. In real life the boats that I've worked on, we pulled at around 6-7 knots. This thing would take forever to pull to location. I like the heavy feel to it, but it's way to slow.

Overall:
I like it. I've been a sim fan for a while and don't get into any other games but sims. I can really see this growing into better things like being able to load your own cargo at the docks, unloading at the rigs, having other rigs in the gulf of Mexico etc. I saw a post that had a video of a transport ship that carries entire rigs, that would be nice to be able to submerge the ship and load rigs and other cargo on it like the real ones.

If VStep gives us some improvements in the patch(s) I think that they could have a long following like MS Flightsim. There needs to be a way that users can create new ships and scenery objects (like placing oil rigs etc). This will keep the sim alive for years to come. MS flightsim wouldn't be what it is today without the add-on community. Thus could be the same for Shipsim.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 02:14:14 by Tony B »

lx585x

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 19:28:41 »

ship sim 2008 is much much better than previous version in graphical way and the realism of it (waves...) so keep it up like this and this game will be perfect one day  :)

Ship Sim

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 06:02:28 »

Yoe I also think SS08 has alot of improvements.

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 11:58:27 »

Vstep will make better sound and other thing when they have time! ;) Don't kill they, enjoy the best part of the game, they will make thing better. Im sure about that, just waint! ;)

Britannic

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 13:25:07 »

I agree-sound are bad, but dont' really notice too much. Well done again, Vstep!

Thanks a mill, Sky.
When Ive finished Media college Ive got many desired jobs, one being; Simulator making!

Kutadog

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 14:24:56 »

:P  Great work guys, after a few d/loading problems the game is up and going.  Great improvment over SS06.  Hope to see a few things worked out with the upcoming patches, but give yourselves a pat on the back.  Well done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines