Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 03:08:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jumbo ship  (Read 9045 times)

steveboston

• Forum member
Re: Jumbo ship
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 17:26:30 »

Great new vessel. Many thanks to all involved. I had a quick try in free-sailing mode and found it very easy to master.
I have completed the first mission and easily dodged a kamikaze barge pilot right at the end by doing a crash stop and sideways dodge (just like a slow motion version of what people do on crowded pavements) - great fun. The final tie-down was a pleasure (drift sideways, arrive ever so slowly exactly alongside the other one, push both of them carefully up against the dock and finally make with the string. Very satisfying.
The cargo is impressive. I wonder what anyone needs that much of a vacuum for anyway?
Somewhere over the rainbow,
weigh a pie.

mvsmith

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 17:40:42 »

I wonder what anyone needs that much of a vacuum for anyway?

Hoovering Buckingham Palace?

steveboston

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 17:49:16 »

Maybe it's for quality control of Marmite jars - put several thousand in at a time and see if the lids come off.
Somewhere over the rainbow,
weigh a pie.

Cob

• Forum member
  • Captain Cob
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2008, 22:11:08 »

Mvsmith Hello!  8)
The fact that hold on JJ is not used as the ocean or Bug2 Star, I had understood! the issue and why you can not configure the keyboard! I Bug2 maneuver with the two az independently from the keyboard, which makes it a striking maneuverability.
Regards
Cobra  ;)

mvsmith

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2008, 00:58:17 »

Neither keyboard nor a gaming joystick can provide as precise control as can be achieved with the mouse. Providing keyboard or joystick control of the AZ on JJ would not make much sense.

j3553

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2008, 01:01:45 »

hmm i like the jumbo javelin
Hello, Im Admiral Antilles

Tugboats007

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2008, 04:50:10 »

I would like to thank V-Step for the new JJ. What can I say but Great Job to every one involved. To tell you the truth I have not even played for more then 2 months because of evry thing being the same old stuff and then today I happened to check the site and found out about JJ and downloaded it and to my suprise have been playing for more then 5 hours. This ship is so much fun. The senerios are great also.  All I can say is thank you all very much.

Best regards, Mike

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 06:53:47 »

hey i noticed something strange, how come Jumbo dose not have any propellers?

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 07:00:16 »

They are probably lower then that, go in 4m waves and find out.

mvsmith

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 15:10:37 »

The AZ is not modeled in the graphics, because there was no reason to do so. It is always under water.
Its logical location is shown in another topic on JJ.

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,11416.msg135799.html#msg135799
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 15:18:46 by mvsmith »

mvsmith

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2008, 15:56:46 »

Hi Dawg,
Thanks for the link.
Back in the 60s, the Scripps oceanographic vessel R/V Thomas Washington had a retractable AZ bow thruster powered by a gas turbine located on the boat deck. The turbine wailed like a banshee. Thankfully, it was only lit off when entering port, or for special maneuvering.
Regards,
Marty

vadokunvot

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 12:01:06 »

Hi, dont know if Im posting in the wrong place now but does anyone know if the Javelin has internal cargoholds too or does it only take its cargo on deck? I mean in the real world ofcourse.

JHB

• Forum member

vadokunvot

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2008, 08:18:43 »

Thanx JHB! Werry interesting ship this one.

Royern

• Forum member
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 17:57:31 »

It is great to handle a new ship, and to stand at her bridge, i really like it.But i just have 2 questions relating to the ship:

How come the engine sounds sound very similar to the tug Farimount Shepra, isn't this a freighter? and is that  really ships real horn?

First of all i will thank the developers for a great sim, but im also a bit disappointed about the engine sound on JJ. Woulden't it be more realistic to have a engine sound like Agile Solution? The bass sound of a heavy engine like the Agile Sound is great. The ticking sound of the JJ is not very realistic? or is it? correct me if im wrong.  :-\
The Ancient Mariner

Royern

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2009, 21:45:39 »

thread is dead :(   :thumbdown:
The Ancient Mariner

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 21:48:19 »

thread is dead :(   :thumbdown:

Then why did you post in it?

It is a year old after all.

You probably can't hear the engines at all while on deck and stuff, they are pretty sound proofed.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009, 23:37:48 »

im also a bit disappointed about the engine sound on JJ. Woulden't it be more realistic to have a engine sound like Agile Solution? The bass sound of a heavy engine like the Agile Sound is great. The ticking sound of the JJ is not very realistic? or is it? correct me if im wrong.  :-\

That's just a matter of taste...  ;)

Different ships have different engines & engine sounds, that's not a secret.   
Don't know if they recorded that sound from the real JJ, none of the developers will be changing it for no apparent reason or just because of someone's wishes.  Also it's impossible to change engine sounds in SS by yourself (correct me if I'm wrong).
keep it gnarly

TerryRussell

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2009, 00:23:09 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKSkTUkz3II&feature=channel

The first few moments show how silent the vessel is. You can heardly hear the engine over the horn and wave sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZenDUC3xek for details of Jumbo themselves

The bass sound of a heavy engine like the Agile Sound is great. The ticking sound of the JJ is not very realistic?

If you have a sound recording that shows this bass sound for JJ, please let me know. But as far as I understand it, the engine sound is reasonably realistic. Jumbo themselves approved of it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines