Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 17:35:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VR Insight Ship Controller  (Read 1741 times)

Ayrobat

• Forum member
VR Insight Ship Controller
« on: October 30, 2009, 14:54:17 »

Hello Folks

Just received an update from one of the flight sim sites which I frequent which included details of the the New VR Insight ship controller. http://secure.simmarket.com/vr-insight-ship-console.phtml

Very nice but quite pricey.  :o

Apologies if this is old news.

Pete

mvsmith

Re: VR Insight Ship Controller
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 15:05:36 »

Hi Pete,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the information.
That controller was designed for sailing, and for small motorboat simulators. It is of only limited use for many of the ships in SS 2008, as you will see when you become familiar with the different propulsion and steering systems.

Regards,
Marty

Ayrobat

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 15:42:51 »

Hi Marty

Thanks for your reply.

............That controller was designed for sailing, and for small motorboat simulators. It is of only limited use for many of the ships in SS 2008,.........

Yes, agreed, I think they made a mistake by not including some proportional controls for the thrusters, etc.

I'm very happy with my combination of Saitek X52 and CH yoke and throttle levers, which allow me versatile proportional control of all the various ship propulsion and steering systems.

So I'm afraid I wont be queing up for one of these new controllers this time.

ATB

Pete

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 15:45:20 »

Well, but it is quite better, than the first WILCO (?) controller for ShipSim - and beside the azimuth driven vessels, you can control alomost every other ship from ShipSim with it. Seems to be better, than other temporary solutions like PS2/3, WII controllers or joysticks for flight simulations... :thumbs:
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 16:04:38 »

Too bad the console doesnt have levers for bow and stern thrusters. It looks indeed much better than the previous one!
It's the crew that makes the difference
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines