Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 20:15:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help on Ship Sim  (Read 1304 times)

Delta S117

• Forum member
Help on Ship Sim
« on: October 07, 2009, 20:14:08 »

Hi i'm new to the whole of ship simulator and i need some help  :captain:
1. First off is there any way of seeing my screenshots/ photos i have taken from the game?
2. I have set up multiplayer and looked at the servers and selected some of them that have got players on, for example it says;
Players
107/25
so i select it and it takes me to the game, i select my boat and start position and then selcet join game and when i do there is no one there. so can somebody help me, am i doing something wrong?
ps. i have Ship simulater 2008 collecters edition, which includes new horizons.

Please help.   ???
:)

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
Re: Help on Ship Sim
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 20:18:25 »

Welcome to the forum!

My Documents / Ship Simulator 2008 / Screenshots

or something like that...

the server numbers are messed up and have never worked, usually TJK's servers are the most active if you find a good time.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 20:19:25 »

Hi, welcome to the game / forum!

1. My Documents > ShipSim2008 UserData > Pictures

2. That shows how popular the server is, you need to go and see if anyone is on. :)

So you're not doing anything wrong at all!  :2thumbs:

Hope this helps and once again a warm welcome! :)

Mike

Delta S117

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 20:25:05 »

Thanks guys,  :)
i just needed some help and thankyou for the fast replies  :captain:
Ship sim is amazing.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 20:29:36 »

Hope we all get to know you! :)

This is a great community here, especially with MP.  :)

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 20:37:16 »

Hi Delta, welcome to the forum..
Yes, multiplayer is sometimes like that Bruce Springsteen song: "57 channels (and nothing on)"... ;)

TJK

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 20:57:08 »

HI Delta S117

Welcome to this nice family with crazy shipadicted peoples  :lol: wee all are here to help you if you have problem and question, remember now question are stupid, joust the answer :lol: or only feel to chat with us.
here are something that you can remember before you post

This guidline are maked bay Terry Russel
Posting Guidelines for Ship Simulator 2008 Forum

This document is to help you decide the correct area in which to make your posts. Please follow its guidance. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ship Simulator 2008 - only for requests for Technical Support for the Demo Version of Ship Simulator 2008 are allowed to be posted here.

Technical Support – for asking for help if you have problems with your Ship Simulator installation.  Please note that

incorrect advice or inappropriate comments will be deleted from this area without comment or warning
this is not the place to ask questions about the best PC you can buy nor which is the best graphics card and so on. Please use “Small Talk” for those questions.
this is not the place to ask questions about problems with Missions. Please use the Missions area for that.
Technical Support queries (other than for the demo version – see above) can ONLY be answered here. Members must not answer technical questions in any other areas.

Development Corner – Mission Creation - this is for discussions about the Mission Editor and questions about creating new missions.

Development Corner – Ship Textures - this is for discussions about re-skins etc.

Development Corner – Ship Dynamics - this is for notifying the Ship Dynamics Engineers of inaccuracies in the vessel modelling. You should only post here if you have real-life data to support your claim. Statements such as “it feels wrong” will be ignored or deleted.

Development Corner – Vessel Design Group – Modellers Resource Centre - this is an area where tutorials and other help can be found for those people wishing to develop new vessels.

Development Corner – Vessel Design Group – Active Projects - this is a technical area for the development of new vessels for Ship Simulator 2008 only. You can post your images and 3-D models etc here.

Development Corner – Vessel Design Group – Non SS2008 Projects - this is a technical area for the development of new vessels that are not intended for Ship Simulator 2008 or that do not meet the Vstep Vessel Design Criteria. You can post your images and 3-D models etc here.

Feature Requests & Suggestions  - this is for posts requesting or suggesting additional features for the simulator. No guarantees that your post will receive a response or will be acted on, but all posts are read.

General Discussions – for talking about things to do with Ship Simulator 2008 and real-life counterparts of vessels and harbours in the simulator.

Media – this area is like “General Discussions”, but is for posts that are mainly visual. It is for videos, photographs, images and sounds related to Ship Simulator.

Missions – this area is for questions about missions (stock missions, custom missions etc) and for downloading missions created by other members of the forum. If you have problems with a mission, make sure that you give the exact name of the missions and state if it is a “stock" mission or a mission that you have downloaded from the “Missions Area”.

Multiplayer – this area is for discussions about the Multiplayer aspects of the game. You can ask for help, see if other people are having problems with a server, arrange meetings with your friends, etc.

Small Talk – for talking about almost anything else. Please note that while we will tolerate all sorts of discussions in this area, it is preferred that they have nautical links at least.

mvsmith

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 21:20:11 »

Hi i'm new to the whole of ship simulator and i need some help  :captain:
1. First off is there any way of seeing my screenshots/ photos i have taken from the game?

Hi Delta,
You can find the answer to that, and many other questions you might have in the Missions Manual that you can download in PDF form from the top bold blue topic on the Missions board.
You can also download the Mission Editor Tutorial, if you want to try making your own missions.
Regards,
Marty

Delta S117

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 21:21:20 »

thanx again for all your suport and help, i have been on multiplayer and enjoyed to the full meeting many other fans from across the world, in one game. you all deserve some great credit, i'll also download the mission editor tutorial. thanks again guys.

laganviking

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 21:26:38 »

You dont have to be as daft as a brush here...

... but it helps  :doh:  :2thumbs:
LV SHIPYARDS - Whatever you want, whatever you like, whatever you say, you pay your money, you take your choice  :lol: :2thumbs: :captain: !:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines