Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 10:22:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So what is your opinion on the new Voortvarend Besparen game?  (Read 4092 times)

TerryRussell

Re: So what is your opinion on the new Voortvarend Besparen game?
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 21:52:51 »

I think you'll have to upgrade your pc to prepare it for running the Extremes.  ;D

However, even my computer, which can run Ship Sim amazingly well has difficulty with this. It's more stop and go then fluid motion and with the lag, every time I attempt the challenge I ALWAYS hit SOMETHING because of the lagging frame rates. =/

Even with my PC, I had to turn the graphics details down a bit. That did make a lot of difference.

Also, it's worth seeing my "3D setup" guide in Technical Support area (In the "Read these first" section) and tweaking the performance settings, especially with Nvidia cards.

steveboston

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 12:01:44 »

In case this is of interest I have been experimenting - so - Mr Bond - I can tell you this:-
In the VB challenge - free sailing mode runs fluidly with the other 2 vessels but the barge slows it very muchly.

I have 'stolen' the barge and grafted it onto SS08 (which of course it was never meant to be compatible with). It runs at good framerates here, all bridge screens and controls work OK but it displays at much reduced draught and tries to sail in circles. Point is it displays OK and tries to obey all commands. One big difference though, it has an 'invisible' bridge structure - that is the controls and consoles can be seen from inside and outside views but the bridge superstructure can't (so SS08 doesn't read the extra 'gene' that displays this). That is the big difference between this and other ships so maybe it is what causes all the display problems some of us have.
Somewhere over the rainbow,
weigh a pie.

Maniac

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 23:42:21 »

Whenever I start a new mission, my "fuel consumed" stars at 2.27 litres. Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone else?

bsm2003

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 01:15:40 »

Whenever I start a new mission, my "fuel consumed" stars at 2.27 litres. Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone else?

Seems to be normal it happens every time with me also.
Never get caught with your head in the head.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines