Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 01:08:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SS010 related (Special near future addon boat for SS2010)  (Read 1910 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member
SS010 related (Special near future addon boat for SS2010)
« on: October 08, 2009, 12:41:45 »

It's been moths since my last log in here and yes unfortunately i have retired from playing SS08 because im getting ready for SS010 when it comes out, i have to say big changes happen according to the video. So i know that it's not out yet but im just gving VSTEP like an idea towards the future.

So the idea is a boat from New Zealand, for all thoes of u who are kiwi's and is special.So what is it?
Well to get a better idea go to http://www.earthrace.net/ to find out more about it, and yes as you all know now it is called Earthrace.

Basics:
This boat is a very powerful vessel, high speeds beautiful and has a traditional Maori paint job on it. The boat runs on 100%bio-diesel and it's 100% carbon neutral.Off topic a bit but if you are worried that will there be missions for this boat , yes there will be as very similar to here http://www.earthrace.net/index.php?section=121. IF VSTEP makes this boat come to life, than this will be an icon from New Zealand to the rest of the world.

Design:

The vessel was designed by Craig Loomis Design Group and built by Calibre Boats. The wave-piercing trimaran design allows for improved speed and stability. Additional stability is also provided by its two large sponsons and it is designed to right itself if it capsizes. The hull is composed of a composite carbon fibre and kevlar with a non-toxic anti-foul paint.

The ship is powered by two 540 horsepower Cummins Mercruiser engines that run on a low-emission animal fat and vegetable oil mix biodiesel. Then in 2005, the operator underwent liposuction and converted 100 grams of his own body fat into fuel as a publicity stunt. It can also run on diesel, biodiesel or blends. To cool and provide fresh air to the engines, intakes are located on two dramatic fins.It cost $2.5 million, which was mostly funded by sponsors. I thik that if the project goes ahead VSTEP should get the thumbs up and get this going.

* Hull: Wavepiercing Trimaran
* Length: 24m (78ft)
* Beam: 8m (24ft)
* Draft: 1.3m (4ft)
* Range: 3000nm (6000km)
* Maximum speed: 45 knots (90km/h)*
* Fuel: B100 Biodiesel (100%)
* Fuel Capacity: 10,000 liters (2500 gallons)
* Displacement: 10 ton
* Construction: Carbon , Kevlar composites
* Crew: 4
* Beds: 8
* Engines: 2 x 350kW (540 hp) Cummins Mercruiser
* Gearboxes: ZF 305A (single speed)
* Air intakes: top of wings to remain above waves while piercing
* Windscreen: 17mm laminated toughened glass

Video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwgaLSF03gk

More info would be need it to be found such as engine sound, horn etc. but that's only if this is saying yes we will make it, this here is the basics, or the surface of the water.

Third Mate(another new idea for development, will this fail again or not?)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Minime

• Forum member
Re: SS010 related (Special near future addon boat for SS2010)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 12:50:51 »

I'd like to see that boat too, I made this model based on that vessel, but made as a yacht, thought you might want to see it. http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,14494.50.html

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 12:58:34 »

I'd like to see that boat too, I made this model based on that vessel, but made as a yacht, thought you might want to see it. http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,14494.50.html

thats really amazing work you got there, i could of not done better myself, looks like your futuristic boat has a name now as well, this is a project that will defently work, i mean the boat look simple enough to make, its not humungus or anything, ok simple enoguh to make well, you know what i mean ;)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 14:03:40 »

Find the modeler that could produce models according to the guidelines & the rest will be clear.
keep it gnarly

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 02:55:35 »

Find the modeler that could produce models according to the guidelines & the rest will be clear.

that gets me thinking, originally my the whole idea is to tell VSTEP about this and after the new Sim comes out and the new website for it and all then they could  model the boat slowly as part of a project for the new Sim game.

But what you are saying is that would mean that realistically i would have to find a person who can design the boat, pay him to do it, then after it is finished give it to VSTEP so they can make final touches and put it on the website as an Add-on vessel for Ship Simulator 2010. If this will work then we will have a new boat for cursing around in, but will not focus on missions at all in the begging, they will me made afterwards.

Guidelines, where can i see those?

Well either that or just buy it myself and give it to VSTEP to make the final touches again and then have it as an Add-on again
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 02:57:30 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 03:15:59 »

that gets me thinking, originally my the whole idea is to tell VSTEP about this and after the new Sim comes out and the new website for it and all then they could  model the boat slowly as part of a project for the new Sim game.

But what you are saying is that would mean that realistically i would have to find a person who can design the boat, pay him to do it, then after it is finished give it to VSTEP so they can make final touches and put it on the website as an Add-on vessel for Ship Simulator 2010. If this will work then we will have a new boat for cursing around in, but will not focus on missions at all in the begging, they will me made afterwards.

Guidelines, where can i see those?

Well either that or just buy it myself and give it to VSTEP to make the final touches again and then have it as an Add-on again

Well, i found something that could resemble the 3D model of it, but just imagine that more detail

http://images.google.co.nz/imgres?imgurl=http://www.enderllc.com/earthrace/images/EarthRaceBoat.jpeg&imgrefurl=http://www.enderllc.com/earthrace/index.html&usg=__ct1Jzla1ldfljwYjHpZfH2-zTss=&h=522&w=737&sz=51&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=K9BRjXByfsF17M:&tbnh=100&tbnw=141&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dearth%2Brace%2Bboat%2B3d%2Bmodel%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 19:19:30 »

No, my point was that the usual requests (as well as ideas that were "never heard by VSTEP guys before") from a usual members are on the bottom of the request pyramid.
Don't know how they could implement bio-diesel idea in SS, in game that boat could differ from the rest because of it's trimaran design.
Also no idea on "is it a mission worthy ship", like it says in the guidelines.

that gets me thinking, originally my the whole idea is to tell VSTEP about this and after the new Sim comes out and the new website for it and all then they could  model the boat slowly as part of a project for the new Sim game.

But what you are saying is that would mean that realistically i would have to find a person who can design the boat, pay him to do it, then after it is finished give it to VSTEP so they can make final touches and put it on the website as an Add-on vessel for Ship Simulator 2010.

keep it gnarly

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 23:31:04 »

No, my point was that the usual requests (as well as ideas that were "never heard by VSTEP guys before") from a usual members are on the bottom of the request pyramid.
Don't know how they could implement bio-diesel idea in SS, in game that boat could differ from the rest because of it's trimaran design.
Also no idea on "is it a mission worthy ship", like it says in the guidelines.

Well that explains a few things, of why some members have never got their voice heard far enough and loud enough for VSTEP to take in consideration. Because if you are at the bottom of the pyramid it would take alot of effort to get to the top just to tell someone," hey look i have a great idea, wanna take a look and see what you can do with it?" of course that makes a large % of members on the forum.

About the other  thing, I don't see anything wrong with that idea of implementing bio-diesel idea in SS, it's like promoting better used of other resources to move forward providing less harm to the environment, most ships in SS don't really use bio-fuel . It will differ, if people say that it wont be SS worthy because of it's looks that they won't realize that it could be one of the most exciting boats they ever driven in the game. Or even better they don't have the spirit of New Zealand, this is not just another boat made so people can joy ride it all over the world , it's like a part of NZ and the people who drive it are the ones responsible of her safety.

Mission worthy? If it can race across the world, it can do anything you just need to find something for it to do, as simple as that.

My opinion,
Third Mate

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 23:58:18 »

About the other  thing, I don't see anything wrong with that idea of implementing bio-diesel idea in SS, it's like promoting better used of other resources to move forward providing less harm to the environment, most ships in SS don't really use bio-fuel.

In SS all ships are running on QuestViewer "fuel".  Player can only imagine "that ship uses bio fuel, other uses marmite fuel while the last one runs on syrup."
keep it gnarly

mvsmith

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 01:27:22 »

Didn’t Bruce Wayne build something like that?

The interesting thing about Bio-fuel is that it can be made from people, a more appetizing concept than soylent green. This should concern those who are convinced that stem cell research will inevitably lead to the conceiving of children for spare parts.

The fact that they are made from renewable resources is part myth. If it were that simple, merchant ships would be wood-fired steamers.

The large-scale production of biological fuel stock competes with food production and depletes the soil of resources that must be renewed, often by means of petroleum based fertilizers.
Large-scale farming is energy intensive, so the net energy production per acre is not as high as many optimistic people predict.
Even the modest activity in ethanol production is having an impact on food prices.

Humanity would be called upon to eat larger quantities of French fries to provide enough used cooking oil, leading to global health problems.

Some years ago it was the fad for celebrities to tout the virtues of hydrogen fuel for automobiles, not only because it was clean—true—but also because it was renewable. “One can get all one needs from the water in the oceans”; neglecting the fact that it takes at least as much energy to pry the hydrogen loose from the oxygen as one gets back when they recombine.

You should hurry up and notify the developers that they must construct the sea model for Extremes to accommodate wave-piercing craft.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 02:38:07 by mvsmith »

Capt. Matt

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 01:45:37 »

I was on that! It was here in NYC in 2006 or 2007 and we got to go in it, all it is on the inside is carbon fiber, its tiny on the inside, dull but neat, windows are tiny, not sure how they see out of it haha :)

Thanks TJK!
Intel Core i7 930@ 2.8GHz, 12GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz, Asus P6X58D-E, EVGA GeForce GTX 650 2 Win

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 01:50:01 »

by looking on comments on videos, it seems like they are fighting whaling too?

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

mvsmith

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 02:34:04 »

It is ironic that Greenpeace should favor the concept of bio-fuels. One large source of bio-fuel has been, and could be, the sperm whale, as well as other species.

Wave Music

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 12:10:17 »

Humanity would be called upon to eat larger quantities of French fries to provide enough used cooking oil, leading to global health problems.

Thought McDonalds & their competitors are doing a good job on that!
keep it gnarly
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines