Hello Guest September 08, 2024, 00:23:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The battle for 'simulation' improvement  (Read 734 times)

paulusfiret

• Forum member
The battle for 'simulation' improvement
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:06:56 »

Dear Team,

I had written about implementing wind/current and seamless sailing in- out of the NRW
Another member had the same request, including improvement of AI traffic. I made earlier a suggestion of getting printable charts, etc.
I have not seen a reaction from the V-steps team about these requests, maybe there is?

It is still a matter of selling games, of course- Many ships and many sceneries are than needed, but the simulating part of our group seems to be too much 'forgotten', looking the the several technical simulation questions.

Another point is: Why are missions locked? Who would care if I change the rig in the Europoort mission into a smaller vessel, because I would like to use the "Elbe" instead of two Fairmount tugs? (If I try to make my own mission with using the Port of R'dam scenery, I am getting a much more bare environment to see).

Also the damage impact has been mentioned many times in the forum, but again, I didn't see an improvement. (Hitting a small sailing boat with a big vessel.... the big vessels sinks; If true, we would be soon without seagoing vessels on earth and only left with sailing boats.

Finally the scoring part, based on time; Also many complains seen, but it must be possible to implement the factors of practical seamaship, implementing the navigational rules, etc.

All these features are since a long time in the market available and could be implemented if 'simulation' is still a desired target.

Looking forward to read your reaction (-and the 2010 version).

k/rgds
PF
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines