Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 00:37:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Save game feature please!  (Read 2302 times)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
Save game feature please!
« on: August 03, 2007, 20:23:24 »

Please introduce a 'save game' feature in SS2008. Having just spent the past 1 hour and 45 mins playing a custom mission, and was only a few minutes away from completing the mission, the program crashed!!!!!!!!!!  >:(
(something to do with my Zonealarm firewall settings - seemingly it blocked the VSTEP program from accessing the internet in the middle of a mission, causing it to crash)

Do I really want to go through all that again so that I can finish the mission this time?

Sorry, just feeling a bit scunnered and want to let off a wee steam! AAAAAARRRRGH!

;)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: Save game feature please!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 21:54:55 »

Hi
It's been well documented that a mid mission save feature will be added in the patch due out later this month. Have no fear. :)

But I'm not sure why zonealarm would be upset. I can't see any reason that ship sim would try and access the net whilst in play.

Anyone else any idea on this?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 21:59:11 »

Well, my firewall has never asked for any permission for Ship Sim '08, only '06 for the scores/times uploading.  No idea why it would be doing so in this case :-\

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 23:02:27 »

Thanks guys, that would be a very welcome addition  ;D

Zonealarm is something of a pain when I play SS2006 and SS2008. I always enable 'internet lock' (call me a paranoid!!  ;)) when playing games and sometimes Zonealarm would pop up a message saying the program was attempting to access the internet and that's when the game has suddenly been terminated.

It's like a Russian Roulette with Zonealarm - sometimes you can complete 20 missions in a row and then the next one Zonealarm goes totally nuts as if it suddenly decided that an innocent program such as Ship Simulator :D was the biggest threat to my PC!  ???

Anyhoo, if this keep happening then maybe it's time to look for a new firewall. No pesky firewall is ever gonna spoil my SS2008 adventures!  8)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

shipfan55

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 23:07:54 »

many people hate norton but i have it and its firewalls never bloack internet from games such as shipsim.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 23:26:46 »

You can get spyware that just tries to use ANY program as a disguise to access the net... think about it... You aren't suspicious of the program as you recognise the name... Yet if spyware.dll asked for access you'd deny it.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines