Hello Guest June 23, 2024, 02:33:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I bought VS!  (Read 2730 times)

firestar12

I bought VS!
« on: April 25, 2009, 22:54:23 »

Hi guys, I got to buy VS today. It is really good! Don't judge a book by its cover! Maybe not as good as shipsim, but it is really good! Tell me if you have VS so we could go on MP sometime.

capn_cal

• Forum member
Re: I bought VS!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 03:00:40 »

what in the world is VS? although it sounds familiar
i don't know what to say on here so i'm typing what i'm typing now because i can't think of what else to type

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 03:05:23 »

VS stands for Virtual Sailor, I have no experience with it..
Perhaps you can Google it.. :)

capn_cal

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 03:08:08 »

thanks saltydog and i knew it sounded familiar!
i don't know what to say on here so i'm typing what i'm typing now because i can't think of what else to type

Nathan|C

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 09:02:58 »

I too have VS (I was the one who recommended it to Firestar  :P ) and it's great. It has lots of nav tools on a real ship, like depthsounder, radar, GPS, maps and don't always think the graphics are rubbish.

Here are some shots I took recently,

And a site you'll find useful firestar,

library.qualitysimulations.com - The download store for lots of VS ships, including the QE2 and QM2 you see above.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 09:08:11 by Nathan|C »

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 09:39:34 »

There is only one thing that stops me from buying virtual sailor wich is verry important for me.

REALISM

I tried the demo, and I expirienced a ship manouvering like a car!
Shipsim is a 1000 times better in realism.

Nathan|C

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 10:08:51 »

See, that's the problem with VS. Some people release bad quality ships with terrible dynamics and detail, and it leaves a bad impression on new players. A lot of the ships are made by good experienced modellers, and don't have bad characteristics (For example, QE2 and QM2 actually handle like real ships). You probably just missed them  :-\

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 13:10:40 »

Do it on YouTube, there is plenty of A vs B- talks over there :sleepy:

matt5674

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 15:38:54 »

I have tryed the Virtual Sailor 7 DEMO, which is timed, and great to me, like Ship Simulator 2008. I tryed VSD(Virtual Sailor Demo)'s large ship, Baltic, I think it is Adriatic, and it is as good as SS08 to me. Besides in VS, you can set the depgh of the sea, the height of the waves, and either sink or capsize a ship. I think if the builders of Virtual Sailor 7 makes a Virtual Sailor 8, they should make their demo untimed. Besides, Ship Simulator 2008 and 2006 demos are untimed.

Nathan|C

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 15:56:47 »

Ok guys, don't start to think about converting this in to something like "I hate VS! SS rulez!" or even "Which is better - SS or VS?" as we have a good plenty of them already...  ;)

Just glad that in VS we can put our models in faster way, test & play on them.

Do it on YouTube, there is plenty of A vs B- talks over there :sleepy:

Sorry for trying to make a point  ::)

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 18:21:11 »

I don't like VS.
All ahead full!

Nathan|C

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 18:31:44 »

Reason?

Yes...we can all say we don't like things, but it never hurts to add a bit more detail to your posts....

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 18:34:00 »

Reason?

I downloaded and installed the demo and tried it.  I found the controls confusing, kept bumpling into other vessels and docks, so I gave up.  I'd rather play on Ship Simulator than VS.
All ahead full!

Second Mate

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 18:49:09 »

have the problems diamant had with graphics common or do you think its just his pc ?

firestar12

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 21:56:43 »

Guys, I can see where this topic is going. How about we stop that and perhaps tell Firestar what ships are good to download? Does anyone here have any ship's of their own in VS?
EDIT: I found this really nice vessel called Pride of Portchester. You might want to check her out. She is really nice! If anyone knows if VS has a take picture function like SS, let me know.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 23:18:04 by Firestar »

matt5674

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 23:44:59 »

And it even includes several Titanics in it, even the Pride of Hull(without the P&O on the side). They even got paint jobs for titanic, like Titarzan, Wartanic, Ghostanic, Lusitainia, and I think Olympic and Britannic.

firestar12

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 23:53:02 »

And it even includes several Titanics in it, even the Pride of Hull(without the P&O on the side). They even got paint jobs for titanic, like Titarzan, Wartanic, Ghostanic, Lusitainia, and I think Olympic and Britannic.
....witch are all inaccurate and annoying.

matt5674

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 23:54:38 »

but someone at the VS forum, hangsim.com , named Huddizle is making a accurat Titanic, with her Grand Staircase.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 00:23:03 »

I think I encountered someone on YT who said his friend was making a Titanic for VS that he said would beat Ship Sim's....

But when he said the current VS Titanic looked better than the Ship Sim one in a side by side comparison, I told him he obviously did not have enough knowledge of Titanic to make a decent/accurate model, and to give up before he embarrassed himself.

His account was closed or something when I last checked.

And while what I said may sound brutal, please understand that this person, with the screenname "VirtualSailor," had been spreading lies about Ship Simulator, and bashing Ship Simulator for reasons that were not even true.

Basically, he was the Michael Moore of Ship Sim to a degree.

firestar12

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 00:28:23 »

Oh my god, I had the same type of encounter with him. Ya right!

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 00:31:52 »

Good, so I'm not alone!

"Virtual Sailor beats Ship Simulator forever."

How old is he, 4? 7? Who taught him tenses?

firestar12

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 00:35:41 »

lol. While VS may not be as good as SS, it is still pretty good! I think you would like it Gigantic. You could turn damage off and shoot the heck out of that awful Titanic model without haveing a 5 minute limit! What is that worth? Priceless. ;D :evil:

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 00:48:55 »

lol. While VS may not be as good as SS, it is still pretty good! I think you would like it Gigantic. You could turn damage off and shoot the heck out of that awful Titanic model without haveing a 5 minute limit! What is that worth? Priceless. ;D :evil:
Priceless is also what the game should be! You're charging me HOW MUCH for that?

firestar12

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 00:55:36 »

I don't know, it is pretty fun.

bsm2003

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2009, 02:43:29 »

I tried VS but the fraction of a second trial killed it for me. I think a trial should actually include a trial not a here's the bridge and water in front of you thanks now buy it to actually see if you like it.
Never get caught with your head in the head.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines