Hello Guest October 06, 2024, 23:40:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mission crashes when changing enviorment  (Read 787 times)

Gwhaarmann

• Forum member
Mission crashes when changing enviorment
« on: April 15, 2009, 23:21:10 »

Tried several different mission where the enviorment changes ( going into port from sea) seems like the program crashes. ( white Screen) I have tried uninstall/reinstall with same result.
  Any suggestions?

George

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: Mission crashes when changing enviorment
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 04:41:17 »

Hello George,

Are you running the latest version of the sim? V1.4.2?

And could you please supply your system specifications or dxdiag, this may help us to determine the problem aswell.

Your dxdiag can be obtained by following these instructions:

Click Start > Run. type in dxdiag and press Enter.  You may see a popup asking about WHQL drivers, click Yes/Ok to proceed.

In the window that appears, click the button that says Save All Information, when the Save Dialog box appears, save the file to your desktop.  To upload the file here, click Additional Options underneath the reply area and choose Browse near Attach.  Browse to your desktop, click the file and click Open.

*  Windows Vista users need to press the Windows Key + R to access the Run prompt.

You can then post your reply with the file attached.

Regards,
Fred

Gwhaarmann

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 17:01:05 »

Fred,
Thanks for the directions, but....  I saved the dxdia to desktop but canot find the "additional Option" button.

George

TerryRussell

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 19:03:07 »

Hi Gwhaarmann.

When you click on "reply" from this forum, the Additional Options is a section below the message window that you write your reply into.

Gwhaarmann

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 00:05:58 »

Fred,  I hope the attatchment gome thru

\
George

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 17:03:34 »

Could possibly be your video driver. It is 2 years old.  You can get a later version from www.nvidia.com, This will possibly help. Here also some tips from Terry Russell regarding Codecs. Yours are very basic Windows ones.
I note that you don't have the right CODECs installed.

These are the programs that enable Ship Simulator to instruct Windows to tell your graphics card how to draw the images. The ones built into Windows are not the best in the world and there are much better ones available for free.

Before you do anything, create a system restore point in case any of the CODECs conflict with any of your programs.

I'd suggest this set if you have XP:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/Codec.shtml
 - click on the blue download link underneath the words "AVS Video Converter", not the red one on the right.

When you get to the download dialogue, tell it to "Open", rather than "save". That will install the CODECs straight away. Just sit back and watch.

If you have problems, try this one instead:
XP version  - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_In_1.htm
  - click on the "Download Codec Pack" link about a third of the way down the screen.

Or this one:
XP version  - http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

Perhaps best to try updating the video driver first and see how it goes before trying the codecs..

Good luck and I hope this helps to solve your problem.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 22:43:41 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines