Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 21:09:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW PAYWARE SHIPS IN DEVELOPMENT  (Read 1389 times)

CathyH

• Forum member
NEW PAYWARE SHIPS IN DEVELOPMENT
« on: January 20, 2009, 04:28:34 »

:) a good friend of mine, who has been a payware content creator for AURAN TRAINZ since TRAINZ 2004 and now for TRAINZ 09 has decided to branch out, apart from doing driveabale ships for TRAINZ, he will  be doing payware ships for SHIPPING SIMULATOR. No data on prices yet, but I expect thme to be reasonable, and I beleive he willaccept commsions. I have seena Beta of the British battleship HMS WARSPITE and it looks good, expect liners, probably to include OLYMPIC AND BRITTANIC  as well as a whole slew of stuff.

No timeline yet, but 1st releases will be this year.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
Re: NEW PAYWARE SHIPS IN DEVELOPMENT
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 04:58:09 »

Olympic and Britannic better be of the sort of quality Jason made Titanic ;)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 05:25:24 »

Hi CathyH,

If your friend wants to make models that could be suitable for the sim, then he might benefit from the attached document, it contains the guidelines and requirements for Ship Simulator compatible addon vessels.

And then of course Vstep would have to accept the work too, since one cannot include any 3rd party content into the game oneself, and Vstep will also not allow just any 3rd party developer to make money off addons for their software, to be honest. They will only release addon vessels in cooperation with their creators.

Hope that is handy information for your friend. He can of course always contact VSTEP at info@shipsim.com  if he wants to contribute and wonders how to go about it.

Regards,
Fred

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:30:36 »

Hi CathyH,
“Shipping Simulator” is a generic term for a number of simulators, of various names. For which particular shipping simulator will he be making payware?
Third party payware for Ship Simulator is not currently possible. Modelers who can work to the required standards can sell their models to VSTEP for integration into SS, but not make installable models themselves.
Regards,
Marty
I be quick, but Fred be quicker!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 05:36:32 »

It's the unicycle, I tell you..  :)

CathyH

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 05:52:58 »

What shipsim--apart from PORT OF CALL  are available, I searched but did not find anything?

cathy

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 06:19:50 »

Hi CathyH,

NavSim, TankerSim, etc. are some. Various games such as Virtual Sailor might fall into that category. VSTEP also make professional training and management simulators.

Note that there is a difference between a “Ship Simulator” and a “Shipping Simulator”: The latter is usually concerned more with cargo, and can apply to an air cargo operation.
Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines