Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 00:33:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Azipod  (Read 1359 times)

moyeraj

• Forum member
Azipod
« on: December 13, 2008, 20:37:04 »

I'm still thrashing around trying to figure out the controls on JJ (Azipod).  One question that nags me is how does a circle indicate direction?? Why do they have circle indications anyway.  Seems a vector or arrow slider would work.  I'm know my ignorance is apparent and will be excused.
Thanks

matt5674

Re: Azipod
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 20:44:40 »

its used as a stern truster that goes 360 and used to pull the JJ out of port if the engines aren't warmed up

moyeraj

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 21:39:52 »

I understand how it is supposed to work.  I don't understand the simulator indicators.  An expanding circle?  How does this indicate direction? There is no display that I can find that tells me direction or speed in the info panel. 

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 22:57:18 »

There are a number of topics on Ocean Star and Bug 2 that explain how the mouse is used to control an AZ drive.

The blue circle represents the direction in which the joystick is moved. Click in the blue circle where you want the screw (white arrow) to point. That part of the ship will be pushed in the direction of the white arrow.

The green and red circles represent the position of the joystick along its thrust arc. Green is forward, red is reverse. The line between red and green is zero thrust.

There is no indication on the HUD for the AZ.

The AZ drive on JJ is not an Azipod. It is a retractable thruster.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 23:00:21 by mvsmith »

mvsmith

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 23:03:11 »

its used as a stern truster that goes 360 and used to pull the JJ out of port if the engines aren't warmed up

That is not what it is for. It has nowhere near the power for that. It is usually kept retracted in shallow water.

moyeraj

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 23:27:42 »

Thanks mvsmith.  That is exactly the detail I've been looking for.  I've copied it to my "operating Manual".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines