Hello Guest September 14, 2024, 23:12:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: azimut control on Jumbo Javalin  (Read 2972 times)

donny345

• Forum member
azimut control on Jumbo Javalin
« on: November 12, 2008, 20:57:18 »

Can somebody tell me what the azimut control does? can't figure it out.
It looks like it's suposed to be engine 3 but it isn't working on its own.

mvsmith

Re: azimut control on Jumbo Javalin
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 21:16:28 »

Basically, it does the same as it does on Bug2 and Ocean Star. It pushes the ship in whatever direction it’s pointed. The difference is where it is located on the ship. To find out how to maneuver with it, experiment.
How it behaves depends upon which dynamics file you are using.

For information on how to use the control, see the various topics on Ocean Star and B2, and read the NH manual.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 21:20:03 by mvsmith »

donny345

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 22:23:04 »

thanks,

i didn't even know about the setting for the azimut. It works fine now.
The azimut is located in the middle of the ship and it's great to manouver the ship with it.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 16:32:10 »

with the thrusters it cam be used to move the ship side ways onto the dock and of corce the other way around to move it away

davepusey

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 16:47:12 »

Interestingly if you capsize the Jumbo like someone did the other night, there is no visible pod underneath...

Dave Pusey
Sherpa Captain

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 16:50:52 »

Interestingly if you capsize the Jumbo like someone did the other night, there is no visible pod underneath...

The reason for that is because, aperently, the is no Azi Pod on the real thing :) And it has been put on the ship simulator version of Jumbo to make it easier to dock her. Thats what I understand anyway, don't hold me on that.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008, 17:49:48 »

Jack, the real Javelin does have a retractable AZ drive. The graphic model does not show it because it is normally not visible.

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 19:22:19 »

The engine 3 data doesn't seem to have anything to do with the azimuth. It just reflects what the other engines are doing e.g. 750rpm and 30 degree rudder. The azimuth control itself is the only way you can see what the azimuth is doing. In my game anyway

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 19:22:50 »

Yes, normally the schottel is retracted.

Beceaus they only use it when doing offshore work, to keep the ship perfectly on spot.(in combination with the gps)
In port they just use the bowthruster, main engines and the rudder to manouver the ship.

That is what I heard from someone on the forum who works for jumboship.

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 20:10:36 »

Jack, the real Javelin does have a retractable AZ drive. The graphic model does not show it because it is normally not visible.

Ohh, I see, thats where I got mixed up. Thanks for telling me!

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Cob

• Forum member
  • Captain Cob
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2008, 20:57:45 »

Hi everybody!  ;)
Now I have no doubt, the fact that Hud appears in the engine 3! I think it is a mistake, I hope those who designed this model of simulator correct the problem so that we can configure dell'azimutale, which currently can operate only with the mouse. From some evidence the azimuthal and very interesting, especially in areas of maneuvering reduced.
Thanks for your attention
Regards
Cobra
 8)

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2008, 22:39:58 »

Hi Cobra,
The only time that you would use the azimuth is for manouvering. It is not used for driving the ship. What is your problem with the controls?
When you are using the azimuth you will only be moving at 2/3 knots at most. Using the mouse to control it is very easy.

Hi everybody!  ;)
Now I have no doubt, the fact that Hud appears in the engine 3! I think it is a mistake, I hope those who designed this model of simulator correct the problem so that we can configure dell'azimutale, which currently can operate only with the mouse. From some evidence the azimuthal and very interesting, especially in areas of maneuvering reduced.
Thanks for your attention
Regards
Cobra
 8)
I doubt very much that changing the HUD so that it reflects the azimuth as the third engine would make a difference in being able to configure it so that you can use your joystick.

I personally am very grateful to Vstep and the Jumbo Javelin owners that they let us use the fruits of their labours to play about with their creation/ship. We have got a very usable ship and 10 custom missions for free!! What more do you want?
(oh yes, thats right, you want lights and crowds of passengers and..............) :)

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2008, 23:10:35 »

working cranes are the missing words, eh Dave..? ;D
But I agree, she's a great ship..A welcome addition to the fleet..

Cob

• Forum member
  • Captain Cob
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 11:35:49 »

Hello Dave !
Certainly we are very grateful for what he does and has already done in the past for us, since the first version of ship sim, I suffered a simulation in general. While working at sea 29 years, I should be tired now! rather the opposite and are not at all! I have not just a little time, I do a lap in multi and search when, in situations other than real.
Regarding JJ, I'm not complaining at all, and a ship interesting maneuver is very good. I do not think is a problem with the mouse to maneuver the AZ, already seen that I do normally! I say that only a sin and not being able to configure a keyboard because the keys and combinations is no shortage at all.
The fact of using the maneuver in AZ! I think it is subjective, each of us to maneuver custom made according ad'esperienze, obviously maintaining the safety standard that provides the standard for Preventing Collisions at sea.
Sincerely
Cobra
P.S. Sorry for my English is not perfect.

Dave M

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 21:32:04 »

Hi saltydog,
I'm not a big fan of the container cranes but I must admit that, (providing there was other cargo available like 'large generators' or a complete 'ship loader for grain'), I would be tempted because it would be a challenge. To keep it a challenge would mean producing more and more loads and that probably will not happen.   :(

Hi Cobra,
I wish I could write in another language as well as you do, (I can't even speak another language let alone write one  :-[ ).
I have a Dutch director in the company that I work for and he speaks good English, but..... Sometimes he will pick a wrong word in a sentence that makes it a demand instead of a suggestion and sometimes........ I will make a mistake about what he actually said. This causes a storm of Emails but we eventually sort it out.

I think that I did not understand your post fully, (my fault, not yours).

Regards, Dave
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz

Cob

• Forum member
  • Captain Cob
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 22:23:58 »

Hello Dave M!  ;)
Nobody is perfect, not even myself! My mother tongue and Italian, English try to arrange more I can to make me understand. In my work, unfortunately, we use a more technical language, which certainly does not match that of a dialogue with people.
Hence! do not worry, and not just your fault!
Regards
Cobra
 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines