Hello Guest June 17, 2024, 02:49:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: emma maersk project?  (Read 3988 times)

maritiem

• Forum member
emma maersk project?
« on: October 18, 2008, 14:44:42 »

hi

look what I founded on the internet. someone is modeling the emma maersk for shipsim. ofcourse I don't know if this is official or an amateur. but enjoy the real short movie.

http://www.emma-maersk.com/videoclip/gallery/6/Virtualships_org_Model.htm

maritiem

People can almost do anything, The only thing they can't is forgive each other.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: emma maersk project?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 20:38:42 »

Hoy,
It's as far as i know still on this forum.
This project has been started,however,the maker could not have any permission from the headoffice of Mearsk.
So this project has been put aside for now.
Marc
N

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 20:53:32 »

Hoy,
It's as far as i know still on this forum.
This project has been started,however,the maker could not have any permission from the headoffice of Mearsk.
So this project has been put aside for now.
Marc

OK thanks for your respond, could you give me the link to that topic please?

kind regards maritiem  :)

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 21:04:18 »

"Ahoy"

I'm the creator of this vessel you did watch on the website, rendered in 3ds Max.
There is no project topic for this vessel at the moment and all I can say is that I'm very busy with Virtual Sailor projects and will be for the next months.

I deleted the topic because the vessel needs a whole remake. There are lot's of new stuff I have just learned recently when it comes to making 3D ship models b(especially the texturing part). The future will show if I ever make her for SS. Until then hopefully someone else will make her :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 21:11:12 by JHB »

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 21:09:43 »

Hi Maritiem.

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,11016.0.html

But that was started by you, so I presume you don't mean that one. Do you?

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 16:22:32 »

"Ahoy"

I'm the creator of this vessel you did watch on the website, rendered in 3ds Max.
There is no project topic for this vessel at the moment and all I can say is that I'm very busy with Virtual Sailor projects and will be for the next months.

I deleted the topic because the vessel needs a whole remake. There are lot's of new stuff I have just learned recently when it comes to making 3D ship models b(especially the texturing part). The future will show if I ever make her for SS. Until then hopefully someone else will make her :)

ok thnx JHB hope we will see this ship someday, but than with another delivery (colour) because shipsim didn't get permission to create that model

Hi Maritiem.

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,11016.0.html

But that was started by you, so I presume you don't mean that one. Do you?

Hi terry

yes I created that topic but that was about a scalemodel of the emma maersk  ;)

maritiem

TerryRussell

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 18:20:43 »

Hi terry

yes I created that topic but that was about a scalemodel of the emma maersk  ;)

It was the only other one on the entire forum, apparently. JHB must have deleted his just before I went searching.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 17:49:49 »

What I quite not understand is why someone want this vessel in Ship Simulator when we have a large container ship already? What will be so different when it comes to sailing with this one?
If it was released today it would just have the same controls and instruments on board just like any other SS ship. The difference between this one and Vermaas would probably be less or nothing.

I'm thinking that this ship is a better ship to have in-game later when more advanced bridge controls have been added to SS including several new kinds of bridge instruments or less it just will end up like a clone of Vermaas. We already know that Maersk isn't much cooperative so the colors cannot be used anyway.
So a fictional container line would be better...with the same size...like this one which I currently work on:

It's the "CTransporter" operated by CTrance Lines and is based on my previous Emma Maersk 3D model.
In VS scale it got the same metric dimensions as Emma Maersk.

I'm thinking SS2011 ;)

maritiem

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 16:46:21 »

What I quite not understand is why someone want this vessel in Ship Simulator when we have a large container ship already? What will be so different when it comes to sailing with this one?

because there are many people which are a big fan (like me) of that ship. the bridge is different compared with the vermaas, because the emma maersk has a much more higher bridge, and is higher.
and i founded this: http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,65.0.html  Is this also from you or someones elses?

Maritiem  :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 16:48:21 by maritiem »

Kmetzman

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 20:21:29 »

You don't need Maersk's permission to make a containership.

The Vermaas, as seen in SS08, is CLEARLY a ripoff of an APL Line containership (right down to the color sceheme and the letters on the side, although they don't say APL, I believe it's ADS or something like that.)

They can make the EMMA if they want to, but just make it a different color or write something other than EMMA MAERSK - MAERSK SEALAND on the sides and stern.
"The sea is selective; slow in recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines