Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 09:41:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Controlled Furie (Kit-Model Boating)  (Read 2566 times)

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
Radio Controlled Furie (Kit-Model Boating)
« on: October 05, 2008, 09:25:18 »

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, i'm into Model boating (RC boating) And I came accross something which you might like.... ;)

http://deansmarine.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/products_id/300

This website is called "Dean's Marine" and deals with Kits for RC boating, this model of the Furie IS NOT for static purposes, however, if you wanted to just keep it, and not sail it on your local lake, you could construct it, and put it on your shelf, or on the Mantlepiece, anywhere you want really :D.

Be warned, if any of you want to buy this KIT, and do not know much about RC boating, or that sort of thing. A kit means you get all the parts, and you must assemble them yourself, as well as putting in RC gear (Which as far as I know isn't included in this Kit, as RC gear dosen't usually come in kits, just the prop shaft, etc. You have to buy the radio gear, and running gear yourself usually, e.g. engine etc.)

If you do not know much about RC boating, but would like to purchase, assemble, and put it on your local lake/Swimming pool, whatever you can float it on, I'd advise that you go to your local model boat club (If there is one in your area) Or just search on the internet, before you try and make a working model.

Or, if you'd just like to assemble the Kit, paint it, etc. and not make it a running model, just put some finishing touches on it like working lights, etc. And pop it somewhere, where you can be proud of it ;D

If any of you decide to purchase this model, or any of the other models there, and need help or info, just send me a PM, or ask for my MSN, and I'll help you with it!

Kind Regards,
Jack-IRI5HJ4CK
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 14:02:23 by IRI5HJ4CK »
Kind Regards,
Jack.

firestar12

Re: Radio Controlled Furie (Kit-Model Boating)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 23:02:28 »

Wow. Looks nice. You should get it jack.

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 00:49:32 »

too bad it costs $400 or i would get it.

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 07:24:38 »

Wow. Looks nice. You should get it jack.

I think I will get her alright.

I got your PM Trains, and I'm afraid there aren't any cheaper models as far as I can tell. Different Company's generally have different models. So i'm afraid I don't think you'll find Furie anywhere else. BUT I will search around for you, There's a show coming up soon, company's advertise their kits there ;)

Jack.
p.s. I wasn't too sure whether I should get Furie Or:

Kind Regards,
Jack.

RJK

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 13:28:07 »

Furie's nice but that sure is a gorgeous trawler. Hard choice.

Russ K

trains

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 19:07:57 »

hmmm...now i don't know. you should get(trawler,furie) hmmm... think of it like a test. also on a side note. my school is the sixth worst in my state.... it was even in the paper ;D

thanks to TJK for this awsome sig :D

Radeon HD 6850; AMD FX 4100 3.62 Ghz; 4 GB Ram

firestar12

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 20:42:54 »

Hm...That Fisher reminds me a bit of North Star. But...Get Furie, Or if you cant afford it, Why not fishing trawler? (It'd be REALLY neat if you found an Elbe ;D) But I remember being a brand-new member to the forum, and you and your topic about "What a fantastic little tug-Post your Furie pictures here" I thought you were in LOVE with her after That topic. So i say If you can, go for it. And also, Does she use steam? and does she smoke at the funnel?

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 07:32:10 »

Hm...That Fisher reminds me a bit of North Star. But...Get Furie, Or if you cant afford it, Why not fishing trawler? (It'd be REALLY neat if you found an Elbe ;D) But I remember being a brand-new member to the forum, and you and your topic about "What a fantastic little tug-Post your Furie pictures here" I thought you were in LOVE with her after That topic. So i say If you can, go for it. And also, Does she use steam? and does she smoke at the funnel?

Yeah, I think I might get the Furie. She would be powered by an electric engine, however, you can put whats called a "Smoke Generator" into the funnel, put some baby oil into it, and it starts smoking, like a steam engine!

I'll probably put her on a 12V system, with lights being possably 6V (with a seperate battery), For the main system (12V) I'll use a lead acid battery, like my other models. Depending on the weight of the battery's and everything else, she may need some ballast, which generally come's in the form of pieces of lead.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines