Hello Guest June 27, 2024, 22:11:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ships being too small  (Read 5375 times)

TerryRussell

Re: Ships being too small
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2008, 18:38:10 »

Hi Angus.

Hopefuly I'm just paranoid, but as that had your signature and date of birth on it, I made it so that it doesn't any more. Too many opportunities for identity theft....

mvsmith

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2008, 20:36:34 »

Yes, Terry, you are paranoid. However, as I know the many people who are out to get you, I feel you are justified.
For myself, I take comfort in the old saying: “Who steals my identity steals trash.”
Regards,
Marty

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2008, 22:52:12 »

Thanks Terry,
Perhaps though, as Marty says, It ain't worth nicking. I never thought of that one in all honesty.
Regards from,

An*us :o
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

TerryRussell

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2008, 23:32:38 »

Well, it pays to be careful.

Walls have ears. Don't buy their sausages.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 19:02:55 »

Terry,
I know you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but sausages ::). By the way I don't think I would like to be a passenger on POR if the master takes her off that berth in Beneluxhaven using the radar because it's dark outside. Putting it mildly, no way. :o

Nathan|C

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2008, 19:14:16 »

Terry,
I know you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but sausages ::). By the way I don't think I would like to be a passenger on POR if the master takes her off that berth in Beneluxhaven using the radar because it's dark outside. Putting it mildly, no way. :o

If you're referring to my post, i never said they used the screens when leaving the berth...

I do get quite upset when people make fun of things i post that are incorrect in some way. Please everyone realise that not everyone knows everything about ships and the way they are operated..........it does make me feel like a complete idiot when somone makes fun of a post i made.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 19:22:46 by Nathan|C »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2008, 19:47:32 »

Nathan, Please don't be so touchy. If the wording of your posts are easily misunderstood then it must be because you don't make yourself fully clear. Nobody is getting at you, just as you do, I was making a valid comment. So please do not get so distressed, life is too short. The only person who can make you feel like a complete idiot is yourself. Thats a little bit of philosophy for you.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 19:49:09 by Traddles »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2008, 19:52:36 »

The bridge crew relied heavily on these screens as it was pitch black outside.

Surely you can see how easily this happens Nathan?

TerryRussell

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 22:24:36 »

Yep, it's easily done. Did it myself in a thread a short while ago, about rudders.

What I meant and what I typed were two completely different things. Luc and others explained that I was talking sphericals, and rather than make excuses about how I meant to say something different, I cut my losses, nodded (because they were saying what I meant in the first place) and duly felt a complete fool.

Fortunately, the complete fool had other things to do so he got up and left.

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 21:48:12 »

Hello  :)

I am a bit confused (thats no surprise! Im always am!) anyway... I didnt get the problem with the Ocean Star... She is big enouth for me. The best thing I can say is to try and zoom in.

But Maybe Im wrong and your're right.

Ill explain very briefly what I mean for you.

If you get your mission editor and place the Ocean star mext to a smaller ship, you can see weather Vstep have the measurements right. Okay... this means this: When I make models on Sketchup, I can never make it as if my ships were sailing together, beacause usually, A cruise ship is tiny but my small motor boat towers above it like Gods ship! This is because I have not made a standard measurement (like all windows must be size 45 by 67CM) for each of my models. I have nothing to look at the size and to make it the same size as all my models. (Well I have a man who respawns but I always delete him) But this doesnt really matter to me. I just enjoy makeing models and showing 'em off! However, on Vstep, to make a good game the sizes of the different ships must "accept" each other (Sorry, I cant think of any other words to define it! If I said the same size, a motorboat has to be the same size as a cruise ship!) So lets take a game. SimCity 4 deluxe is quite a popular one. Whenever you put buildings down, they agree on each other. The doors and windows are the same size (but height doesnt matter) So lets go back to Ship sim. Ships have windows. The best way to check the Ocean star is not fauty is to see if the smaller boat's windows that you have put into your mission editor is the same as your Ocean star windows (or portholes)

Now I guess I didnt explain it well at all! I dont think it even helped you. But there we are!

Best regards and hope you find an answer to your Problem soon
Microsoft

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

Thruster

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 13:07:45 »

Hi guys, just to make clear to you what the problem was and that i tried zooming, take a look at this picture:

Look at the positions of the ships on the GPS and in 'real' world. This was the problem and it's not a big issue. I can live with it ;). Anyway thanks for your help!

Regards,

Thruster

Gloat

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2008, 10:20:58 »

Look at the ocean star! Its huge! And they say the cargo liners are the biggest ships in the world

Come and join us at the ship sim wiki! www.shipsimulator.wikia.com
Head Aministrator at Ship Simulator wiki.

Thruster

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2008, 10:29:51 »

Place Titanic next to Vermaas, and you see Titanic would have been way smaller than the biggest ship in the world nowadays :D.

Regards,

Thruster
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines