Hello Guest September 16, 2024, 21:06:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I guess this picture belongs here  (Read 2756 times)

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
I guess this picture belongs here
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:30:45 »

Last weekend i've made my way upto the Goodwood Revival and flew into Southampton airport...

Needless to say the approach was awsome and i've taken it upon me to show you this beauty full scale, and since picture of the month doesn't mention real live pictures, but screenshots, i figured this one deserved a place of it's own, and it's full size, for backgroundpurposes if liked.

Thank you so much for TerryRussel to meet up with me in Chichester, he showed me around the Marina with all it's features, he showed me his Ship, and welcomed me aboard. Needless to say, at next years Goodwood i owe him a barby on saterdaynight for bringing me to the airport. He's the best!

I give you, the Solent.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:33:01 by [SJ]Stein »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: I guess this picture belongs here
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:02:58 »

That is a really beautiful photo of Southampton Water. [SJ]Stein. I'm so pleased that you met up with Terry and found him (As we all know very well) to be so kind and helpful. He's quite a guy, and a great asset to the forum.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:09:56 »

Especially that "and found him"    as i was wandering down from North-Chichester and well... got sort of lost in my bearings.. the compass was right.. but the position wasn't... He "found" me to be exact.. lol  :D

So again, thanks Terry!

Regards,

Steiny

Nathan|C

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 16:21:33 »

That is a beautiful picture Stein, thanks for sharing. After my landmarks picture competition is over, i'll create a POTM for real pictures.

(P.S, Is that Red Jet 4 right at the bottom of the pic?)

TerryRussell

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 17:33:45 »

Hi Steiny.

Excellent photo.

It was great meeting up with you.  And hey, so you missed us by a mile! We had one visitor who went to Chester instead of Chichester. That's hundreds of miles away!

The gorgeous blond says "hi" as well. She just kissed me for saying that, so I'm going to repeat it. The gorgeous blond says "hi" as well. I may have to say this a lot more.

[edit] it works every time. I must figure out something even more complimentary and see where that gets me.

Nathan, it could be any of the Red Jets (1, 2, 3,....). They all look identical to me.

[SJ]Stein

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 23:08:27 »

Heh.. fresh from Rotterdam Harbour...

Woof ~ Woof

Another windows background i believe.. hehe

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 21:53:52 by [SJ]Stein »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines