Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 18:12:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I install  (Read 1120 times)

Captain_Scott

• Forum member
How do I install
« on: September 11, 2008, 23:02:57 »

my new Ocean Star ship, properly? Will it put it in the default directory or do I have to do something particular?

firestar12

Re: How do I install
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 23:07:07 »

my new Ocean Star ship, properly? Will it put it in the default directory or do I have to do something particular?
You just open the installer and click Next and stuff. You dont have to do any real work. But before you buy Ocean star i would just Buy the Whole New Horizons add on.

Captain_Scott

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:22:16 »

I, intend too. As soon as I see if I like this Ocean ship first. Can I use it in Free Roaming. Also, I have another question. How do I plot a course on the big ship. In 2006 it show me an arrow where my course was supposted to be. Which color is my course so I know how to follow or where to go? Thanks for the previous answer.

firestar12

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 21:09:42 »

I, intend too. As soon as I see if I like this Ocean ship first. Can I use it in Free Roaming. Also, I have another question. How do I plot a course on the big ship. In 2006 it show me an arrow where my course was supposted to be. Which color is my course so I know how to follow or where to go? Thanks for the previous answer.
Well, It Doesnt come with any Missions If you buy it from the shipyard. But it does if you buy New Horizons. Also i Wasted money and bought that AND New Horizons. yes you can use her in free roaming. And the Arrow is Green I believe.

Captain_Scott

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 19:01:42 »

Ok so if I plot a course, like from New York to LA I follow the Green Arrow correct?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 20:00:04 »

Ok so if I plot a course, like from New York to LA I follow the Green Arrow correct?

L.A. Dosn't exist as an environment.

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 20:30:57 »

Hi Captain_Scott,
You can only plot your own course in free-roam, and only within the current environment.

In missions, the “course” is laid out by the creator when he places waypoints. This does not actually define your course, as there may be a big pile of dirt or rock between waypoints.
The green tick on the compass rose points directly at the next waypoint; it is not necessarily the course you should follow to get there.
You can gain some insight into how things work by downloading and studying the Mission Editor tutorial from this post:

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2886.0.html

Regards,
Marty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines