Hello Guest May 04, 2024, 12:48:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: buy  (Read 1101 times)

naauriis

• Forum member
buy
« on: September 22, 2010, 15:41:24 »

Hello is it only one way to buy ship sim extremes in shipsim.com or I can buy it also in amazon.com or in other links if yes maybe you can give some other links where I can buy it
ships moddeler

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: buy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 16:10:14 »

Answer is simple,
Buy it on www.shipsim.com,or order it as an dvdbox,delivered at home.
Dont go for a ebay,amazon,or whatever site .
The best way stays ,buy at the company's website.
Than it will cause less problems.
Marc
N

PoRL

• Forum member
Re: buy
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 17:28:13 »

I'd have to disagree with you there, Marc. I can see why an originator such as VSTEP might prefer direct client sales (no commission!); as a general rule of thumb, it's always better to buy stuff online from a local supplier.

If you buy it from a local distributor (eg amazon.co.uk in my case), then local retail laws automatically protect the consumer, and it would be MUCH easier to get recourse in the event the software is faulty ("Not fit for the purpose for which it was intended" according to the UK Sale of Goods act), or there is some other problem such as non-delivery. Please note that I wouldn't dream of saying that SSE isn't fit for purpose!   :evil:

(Note: Although amazon.co.uk supplies from certain "tax havens", your contract of sale (and that's the bit that counts!) is with the UK company)

There ARE recourse methods which go "cross border" (especially in the EU), but they're not easy to enforce.

Anyway, that's my twopennyworth...!
On my boat, the crew's job is to make the skipper look good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines