Hello Guest May 11, 2024, 12:11:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: new horizons  (Read 56435 times)

JHB

• Forum member
Re: new horizons
« Reply #225 on: March 24, 2008, 17:37:25 »

Nice try, but YOU accused Fred of not speaking the truth. Don't try to put that back onto me. I find that to be ridiculous.

YOU should give Fred a proper appology. And YOU should do it now, instead of acting hurt.

If you find my saying that to be offensive, well perhaps you need to ajust your personality.

Hard commands pal! I dislike bold letters by the way so you are herby warned. One more bold letter from you and I will go rambo...

TerryRussell

« Reply #226 on: March 24, 2008, 18:25:41 »

What's it go to do with you, Lambo? I wasn't talking to you. Personally, I don't care if you love or hate bold letters. It's of no interest whatsoever.  ;D

I was talking to ACR, who was quick enough to accuse Fred of not telling the truth but seems unable to say sorry to him about it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 18:30:30 by TerryRussell »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #227 on: March 24, 2008, 18:27:36 »

What's with all the bad comments about VSTEP??

For god sake guys grow up and READ POSTS PROPERLY!!!!!

The same situation happens again and again simply because people can not be bothered to read the information presented to them clearly!!

Congrats to the mods and stuff though, for putting up with these people :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

TerryRussell

« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2008, 18:30:00 »

Agreed. When people bad-mouth them, it makes me very angry.

I don't see any useful input from ACR anywhere, for example.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2008, 18:51:58 »

What's it go to do with you, Lambo? I wasn't talking to you. Personally, I don't care if you love or hate bold letters. It's of no interest whatsoever.  ;D

I was talking to ACR, who was quick enough to accuse Fred of not telling the truth but seems unable to say sorry to him about it.

Allright !!!! :D :D :D

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2008, 18:55:07 »

What's with all the bad comments about VSTEP??

For god sake guys grow up and READ POSTS PROPERLY!!!!!

The same situation happens again and again simply because people can not be bothered to read the information presented to them clearly!!

Do you always need to be so serious all the time...? Do you have any whatsoever feeling when it comes to irony, sarcasm and that sort of stuff or do you try to play a politician in this topic huh? Yeah the same situation happens again thanks to you pal! Too many serious people here around. Joking may end up in warfare...  :P

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2008, 19:13:38 »

Do you always need to be so serious all the time...? Do you have any whatsoever feeling when it comes to irony, sarcasm and that sort of stuff or do you try to play a politician in this topic huh? Yeah the same situation happens again thanks to you pal! Too many serious people here around. Joking may end up in warfare...  :P

What's your problem mate?? Don't have a go at me because you didn't read my post properly! I was referring to other posts in this topic not yours!

Please don't blame things on me when I've done nothing wrong!!
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2008, 19:15:08 »

Haha! He just took a bite of the hook :D

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2008, 19:15:49 »

Haha! He just took a bite of the hook :D

**Gives up**

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2008, 19:16:34 »

Just for the record guys, the version the Germans have IS the version we'll get. The game was announced to have gone Gold on March 19th. That means it's finished, done. Why the rest of us are having to wait for it is a mystery, but nothing to do with Vstep (in my opinion). This is, like one of the guys on here a couple of days ago said, infact something to do with the publishers. So if you feel like venting frustration at anyone (I personally wouldn't, as it's not going to help you get it sooner!), then it's Lighthouse Interactive.

What happens when they reach Brose or Silver stage then? ;D

Lanedre

• Forum member
« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2008, 19:22:02 »

I think this topic now is more about persons being rude to each other then "New Horizons" as the title says.
Couldn't a lot of this been discussed in PMs instead?

thegodon

• Forum member
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2008, 19:48:18 »

I think this topic now is more about persons being rude to each other then "New Horizons" as the title says.
Couldn't a lot of this been discussed in PMs instead?

I couldn't agree more!  :)

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2008, 20:00:58 »

Yeah, me to.

TerryRussell

« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2008, 22:13:12 »

Allright !!!! :D :D :D

I don't think that everyone got the joke! Oh well, you and I had a laugh, at least.  ;)

Admiral-of-the-fleet

• Forum member
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2008, 00:03:00 »

So.... getting back to the subject... if thats alright with everyone!!! 

;D ;D

Ummm so as i understand it Vstep have already finished the product and its gone off to the publishers.  Get that bit but i still don't understand how Germany got it first???  Do Vstep use different Publishers or is it all Lighthouse and there waiting on distribution and ratings???

Rgds
"Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it!"

TerryRussell

« Reply #240 on: March 25, 2008, 00:22:56 »

Somewhere above, its been pointed that the German publishers are different. Perhaps it's a smaller operation and Lighthouse have more logistics to cope with. Or perhaps the German language version just came off the production line first. Or perhaps they made a mistake and released it early.

Who knows? It makes no difference. You can get it in German, but not in English. No amount of smiling, scowling, cheering, booing, hoping, praying, cussing or swearing is going to make any difference.  :(

C'est la vie!  ;)

Jayshum

• Forum member
« Reply #241 on: March 25, 2008, 00:30:04 »

It'll actually be none of the above Terry. I'm pretty sure (99%) that it will be because the German publisher had a deal with Vstep so as to have first dibs. Why this is, I've no idea, but you've already summed up how I'd end this post (scowling, booing not making a difference etc).
As a keen follower of how game studios work though, I'd love to know the actual reason (but I'm pretty sure I'm bang on to be honest). :)

mvsmith

« Reply #242 on: March 25, 2008, 00:38:39 »

So.... getting back to the subject... if thats alright with everyone!!! 

;D ;D

Ummm so as i understand it Vstep have already finished the product and its gone off to the publishers.  Get that bit but i still don't understand how Germany got it first???  Do Vstep use different Publishers or is it all Lighthouse and there waiting on distribution and ratings???

Rgds

As pointed out pages ago, there are two publishers: Lighthouse and the German publisher Astragon.
Marty

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #243 on: March 25, 2008, 00:46:39 »

i have two questions regarding it.

first, when i have the english download version from here can i install the german NH from gamesload over it with no problems or will it mess up my whole installation?

second, for those who underdstand german and read in the topics there they will found there is more dissaponitment than enjoyment, simulatany the addon got at gamesload only two of five stars in the ranking and is not even in the top 50 at the downloads being a new release... seriously, whats going on with it???

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: March 25, 2008, 12:44:53 »

Hi ACR,

to be honest, there is not so much disapointment within the German forum. There are some comments according to the particles around bow splashes and clouds and that the Add-On don't fix some earlier mentioned bugs. But all in all the users are quite happy with the new vessels and the little environment. Beside that, there are not so much users with the Add-On in Germany until now. Guess we can read posts from maybe 10 different users...

Cheers
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

TerryRussell

« Reply #245 on: March 25, 2008, 15:09:51 »

Yes, please bear in mind that New Horizons is not a bug fix. There is another patch in progress, I believe. I think that may be the cause of some of the confusion. People read information about one set of software and link it to the other.

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #246 on: March 25, 2008, 16:19:37 »

Yes, please bear in mind that New Horizons is not a bug fix. There is another patch in progress, I believe. I think that may be the cause of some of the confusion. People read information about one set of software and link it to the other.

Yeah we are used to that bugs get fixed afterwards. I have already observed on the German forum (how stupid I am... :P) that the engine room of the push boat is "airborn" and is hovering right above the wheelhouse.. like some NATO aircraft...
Well at least VSTEP, ....consider to fix this before New Horizon goes into "diamant" and critical Scandinavians like me (not much known by English mens all trough they saved us from the war) gets their dirty hands on this package... I consider myself like strictly, honest and polite when I write this (just like English men do when they watch a soccer game) to express my wisdom in this topic...*cough* :P

TerryRussell

« Reply #247 on: March 25, 2008, 18:24:51 »

As I haven't seen the push boat, I can't imagine what the engine room must look like. Can you post a picture?

And I do know Scandanavians well. Like most English, I am half Anglo (the Scandinavian side) and half Saxon (the German side). Anglo, Anglish, English.... Also, I know Norway very well. Been to Oslo dozens of tines and travelled up to the Arctic a lot. Lovely county, nice people. Cold & dark in the winter. Just like home.  :)

I hate football, though. Sorry.

CaptainMike1

• Forum member
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2008, 18:30:57 »

Terry, anyway you can try yourself now, it is on the shipsim web site for download now at erou 21.99!!

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #249 on: March 25, 2008, 18:41:49 »

YES! It is here at last! ;D ;D ;D :D :P
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines