Hello Guest May 15, 2024, 05:47:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Building a simulator  (Read 1965 times)

DaveS

• Forum member
Building a simulator
« on: December 08, 2011, 15:39:11 »

I work in a maritime museum & we have a real tugboat which will be on display within a building.  I was thinking about rigging a simulator in the tug, placing 2 or 3 flat panel displays in the wheelhouse windows & using the tug's wheel & throttle to control the sim.  Does Ship Simulator support multiple monitors?  Also, does it have a kiosk mode similar to Microsoft Flight Simulator?

Thanks.

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
Re: Building a simulator
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 16:13:19 »

Hi
Sorry the answer is no to this
                                        Eric

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 19:40:48 »

Yes, sadly so are Sadsid right.

But you can try the "Vehicle Simulator", and if you search for an "add on" to that game you will find tugs which have much better standards than what the tug in this game(SSE) has. I do not know if you can run Vehicle Simulator on multi-screens, but if not you can contact the creator of that game and I think he will help you.

You can also ask Vstep if you like, they are creating professional simulators, so they can for sure help you if they like but I suppose they will charge you a big amount(and museums usually not have a lot of money). And personally I do not trust Vstep, and that is how they have treated this game so I can not recomend you to ask Vstep.

Go for the first alternativ and I am sure that you and the creator of that game can find a great solution.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 19:42:57 by wiqvist »

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 20:00:17 »

I disagree with the above answers.

He wants to put multiple monitors in the tug windows and therefore streaching the scenary over 3 monitors.  This is a function of the graphics card, not the game!  My graphics card (radion HD 5750) supports 3 monitor outputs so I can therefore create a screen of 1X3.  Admittedly I cannot put different Points Of View (POV) on each screen for example radar on one and the chart on the other etc, However, I can make a fairly convincing wrap around display.

So, I think daveS can do something similar to what he described in his OP using SSE and a suitable graphicd card.
We're all buddies in boats

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 20:08:41 »

Although you can force it through the graphics card, SSE doesn't support it. However, I believe SS08 does!  :lol:
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 20:15:13 »

Although you can force it through the graphics card, SSE doesn't support it. However, I believe SS08 does!  :lol:

ss08 allowed you to have the chart on a separate monitor but as the OP wants to put the monitors in the tug windows, why would ge want a chart in a window?
We're all buddies in boats

DaveS

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 22:13:19 »

Thanks for the info as well as the tip on Vehicle Sim; was not aware of that.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 13:46:38 »

Hi Dave,

If you are not the one paying for it, you might want to get a quote for Nautis, that offers a REAL sim experience and can support multiple monitors and stations.

Although it depends on how much you are willing to spend!
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines