Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 16:15:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the game run?  (Read 8752 times)

sondre-tide

• Forum member
Re: Will the game run?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 19:14:46 »

Thx :D but I wrote wrong :P i have an ATI 5770 Radeon, so... I hope I will get a better frame rate in SSE by changing graphic card.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 19:21:06 »

Well change it over, install the drivers and load up SSE.

Report your findings ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 19:22:45 »

Will do ;)

skipper

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2010, 21:21:59 »

well hello sundry and all ,just bought and installed sse and updated it and obviously on my rig the graphics crashed and required re-booting.Here is my rig....XP Prof sp3,amd athl 3200+, 2gb ram ,ati rad x1900 256mb mem.I would like to ask if I can get away with only upgrading the video card to say radeon HD5670 1gb mem as described here 

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/sapphire-ati-radeon-hd-5670-1gb-video-card-review/6/

or I need something more xpensive or even a cpu upgrade?

Any assistance would be really apreciated

thanks in anticipation

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2010, 22:30:41 »

Hi Skipper do you have a Paradox boxed version of the game which uses Steam?

Regards,
Adam
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

skipper

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2010, 12:55:41 »

@capt spenc, ahoy !, no I downloaded straight from shipsim site.Furthermore the start-up graphics flash badly and the game crashes after entering, in my case ,free roaming.I see bits and pieces of of the controls,flashing background then a white screen then after a few moments a message saying video drivers don't respond therefore resetting and then a message to  re-boot.I did notice that during installation something by the name of Physx for ati was installed .What is this?
cheers
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 13:08:19 by skipper »

Eraser74

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2010, 18:31:16 »

well hello sundry and all ,just bought and installed sse and updated it and obviously on my rig the graphics crashed and required re-booting.Here is my rig....XP Prof sp3,amd athl 3200+, 2gb ram ,ati rad x1900 256mb mem.I would like to ask if I can get away with only upgrading the video card to say radeon HD5670 1gb mem as described here 

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/sapphire-ati-radeon-hd-5670-1gb-video-card-review/6/

or I need something more xpensive or even a cpu upgrade?

Any assistance would be really apreciated

thanks in anticipation

You need a new pc, this system can´t handle SSE, no matter what you do!

sondre-tide

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2010, 20:58:54 »

Well, I have put in the ATI card, and I went from medium quality with lagg to best quality with very very little lag ;D so I found it very odd that Ship simulator is a more of a graphic card game than a prosessor game, if u know what I mean. Like in Flight Simulator graphic card doesn't play a big role, but the cpu does, in SSE i fell that the graphic card play a bigger role :) at least thats my experience...

reader562

• Forum member
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 07:43:34 »

This game is very, very. very bad optimized. I cant play it on lowest details but I can play Mafia 2 on highest details.

TJK

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 07:54:43 »

HI reader562

this is not SSE that are the probleme but maybe you pc, you do not tel anything about you pc so no one can give you a ansver why you can't play it

if you tell more then we maybe can help you out.

pleace add you serial key into you forum profile http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php?action=profile and then you can get into technical support and their we can help you
post in tec support with you DxDiag
Kind regards

TJK
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:57:15 by TJK »

skipper

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2010, 21:12:56 »

just installed ati 5770 1gb ram and though it takes long to load the game, once she loads , it's full steam ahead.Now I can finally start nit-picking the game  like everyone else......but only in a constructive and non-offensive manner of course.
Ship ahoy lads!!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines