Hello Guest May 16, 2024, 22:52:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 4734 times)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Moderators
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 10:32:16 »

My opinion of bad language, has always been the same.......

It's perfectly possible to get a point across, without resorting to the use of bad language.  If you had a problem in real life, would you really go ranting about it, and using bad language?  My own experience of being in retail management, proves that you only cause more problems by swearing, because people just see it as "Is that really necessary?".......

I think other words can be used to express your feelings, whether they are annoyance/dislike, or whatever ;)

I always maintain a professional attitude, especially when confronted with a major problem.  If you treat people with respect, you're more likely to get your problem resolved, and get that respect shown back to you :)

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

pauljanaway1

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 10:45:38 »

yes i would never use bad language as simpley i dont know if there are young kids on this forum and they pick up words like a sponge

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 10:47:19 »

I just don't use bad language because i see it as ignorant, and i think when people use bad language, they are trying to make themselves look big. I think respect is the key to everything in life. That includes this forum.

Jack.
Kind Regards,
Jack.

Capt.Bluebeard

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 11:33:02 »

I just don't use bad language because i see it as ignorant, and i think when people use bad language, they are trying to make themselves look big. I think respect is the key to everything in life. That includes this forum.

Jack.

Tanks Jack that's the best post so fare, wherry god sad  ;)
Tore
TJK/Capt.Bluebeard
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:39:34 by Capt.Bluebeard »

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 11:34:56 »

Tanks Jack that's the best post so fare, wherry god sad  ;)
Tore
yes totlay agreed there Capt.Bluebeard ;D

Edit: Typo ::)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 11:48:30 by captain best »

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 11:50:33 »

By the way. where have Marcrstat gone?

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 12:23:07 »

Yeah, I just took a look at the rules. Seems I can get in trouble for this post.

There is a good reason why I didn't remove this topic.  We could all see this as an example of "what not to do" if you have a disagreement with a member of the forum staff :)

It also allows new members to be reminded of exactly why we're here, which is always a good thing ;)

By the way. where have Marcrstat gone?

He's still around :)

Carl.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

wisemenkom

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 12:25:57 »

that's understandable.
L. Davis

NathanC

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 14:53:18 »

I think guys that like the small boats are the ones that can't navigate and manoeuvre the large ships. I watch guys all the time during online play. Though I do take into consideration that there are many kids that play the game.

I see that as very rude  >:( People have different opinions and tastes on ships. I like to use the Furie and smaller vessels such as the P6 and Arie Visser, but i can dock the Pride of Rotterdam, Vermaas, Agile Solution etc With ease.

So, there you are. Wrong. Just because we have different tastes in ships doesn't mean we can't handle others. Think about that before you insult any more people with your comments.

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 15:28:22 »

Ok, NathanC, thank you but I think the question has been settled now, no need to go any further.
I'll lock the topic (if needed it could be reopened).
Kind regards,
Luc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines