Hello Guest May 16, 2024, 13:26:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Game Runs slow.  (Read 1885 times)

dave18uk

• Forum member
Game Runs slow.
« on: November 10, 2011, 23:27:41 »

Hi Peeps need some help, I have a new Packard Bell Easynote TK85-GN, For some reasonm when i play extremes every second of game time is 3 seconds of real time. Could some of you give me some advice, the laptop is not even a month old so cant see it being that. All help much appreciated. Cheers

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: Game Runs slow.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 00:10:13 »

Hello dave18uk,

You must understand, SSE is a very high graphic demanding game. There are rarely any laptops which can play SSE smoothly. It doesn't matter how old it is, it just matters how powerfull it is.

Based on the internet ( http://en.kioskea.net/guide/2731701-packard-bell-easynote-tk85-gn-041uk-lx-bq502-138 ),
The processor is an Intel Core i3 with only 1 CPU ( http://ark.intel.com/products/43544/Intel-Core-i5-540M-Processor-(3M-Cache-2_53-GHz) ) The clocking speed is 2,5 GHz while SSE requires 3,0 GHz or AMD equivalent processors.
It says that the graphics card is an Intel HD Graphic while this is not the appropriate graphics card. It should be a GeForce 8800 GT (or higher) or an ATI Radeon HD 4850 (or higher) with 256MB ram.
Further, the memory which has 4GB is fine.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 00:14:36 by VirtualSkipper »
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:35:39 »

It says that the graphics card is an Intel HD Graphic while this is not the appropriate graphics card. It should be a GeForce 8800 GT (or higher) or an ATI Radeon HD 4850 (or higher) with 256MB ram.

This observation by V Skipper is correct. Whenever the specs or Dxdiag says 'Intel HD graphics' it is a very clear indication that it refers to 'on board graphics' and the computer does not have a discrete (separate and stand alone) graphics card. SSE requires a separate graphics card.

I fail to understand why people do not read the System Requirements which is clearly stated in the website and also on the box of the DVD. Assumptions based on just having a high end processor and lots of RAM is not justified into thinking that a game will run fine.
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 22:12:30 »

I fail to understand why people do not read the System Requirements which is clearly stated in the website and also on the box of the DVD. Assumptions based on just having a high end processor and lots of RAM is not justified into thinking that a game will run fine.

Vin_sun, my guess why not all read the requirements are that many are still thinking that if you buy a new computer so is that in all ways better than one sold a year ago. Why some think so is not so strange, it was so it was in the begining of personal computers. Let say it started with Commodore 20. Than came Commodore 64 which of cource was better and cost more. Than came 8086, 286, 386 and 486, they all came with a year or a couple between them and the new was of cource better than the old one. I remeber that I had one of the first flight simulators which I played on a 8086, when I later bought a 286 it was a big step forward, this was about 1992-1993(the first commodre 20 was came about 10-15 years before that one. Some may still think in this ways, instead of how computers are made today, that they are made to which sort of use you are going to use the computer for. Hope you understand what I try to say. And you know, as the nice and kind person I think you are, no person is 'stupid' cause they do not know stuff like this, they may have a lot of knowledge about other things where we do not know a thing. So please continue acting in the nice and kind way you are acting. (Hope you do not missunderstand me?)

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

dave18uk

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 14:21:26 »

Have you thought that i might of already had SSE ( infact i pre ordered it and got it when it first came out) Ive just had to buy my own laptop as the old works one is almost dead, So are you saying i should of taken the box for SSE and Flight X with me to the shop and say give me a laptop to play these when i had 2hrs to look for a laptop and buy it since i was called away for work.

Virtual Skipper- Would it be possible to upgrade my laptop and if so would it be worth the hassel ???

I have noticed if i put the graphics down to med then its almost real time but no quiet but good enough for me.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 14:51:54 »

Virtual Skipper- Would it be possible to upgrade my laptop and if so would it be worth the hassel ???

I have noticed if i put the graphics down to med then its almost real time but no quiet but good enough for me.

The only way is to buy better parts for your laptop, but that won't be very cheap. A better processor and videocard my cost you about 200-300 (raw estimate). Also, like I said, laptops were never designed for high end gaming. That's why a (selfbuilt) desktop is (almost) always the best solution.
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 17:36:54 »

Have you thought that i might of already had SSE ( infact i pre ordered it and got it when it first came out) Ive just had to buy my own laptop as the old works one is almost dead, So are you saying i should of taken the box for SSE and Flight X with me to the shop and say give me a laptop to play these when i had 2hrs to look for a laptop and buy it since i was called away for work.

What Vin_sun says, Is that before you install SSE, you must read the system requirements first before just installing the game. each computer is diffrent you understand?

So if you already owned SSE before you bought your laptop, that doesn't mean you can ignore it's requirements just because your laptop is newer than the game.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 20:47:44 »

If you do not understand all the numbers and codes written under what the game requiers you should have brought the games with you to the store. It is not a shame to not understand what all hardware is, and which are equal, on a market like computer markets. And the sales persons are there to help.

That sound fine. The game is slow in loading compared to other games even on much stronger computers than yours.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 21:17:35 »

And the sales persons are there to help.

In the best cases sales persons are there to help.. But it's a good idea to do some of your own research, come prepared.. ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 19:01:16 by saltydog »

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 17:18:44 »

And you know, as the nice and kind person I think you are, no person is 'stupid' cause they do not know stuff like this, they may have a lot of knowledge about other things where we do not know a thing. So please continue acting in the nice and kind way you are acting. (Hope you do not missunderstand me?)

Thanks Wiqvist. No misunderstanding here at all. No, I certainly do not consider anybody stupid for not understanding certain things. In fact I sympathise with them to a certain extent knowing that they now own a game that they will not be able to use. May be some are even 'victims' to the very fine print of the System Requirements. Sometimes people buy a game because the the artwork on the DVD cover looks very attractive. But come what may, the emphasis on System Requirements must be understood to avoid disappointment later.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines