Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 21:03:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Distance in models for collision  (Read 1184 times)

Der_Friese

• Forum member
Distance in models for collision
« on: August 07, 2007, 16:38:52 »

Hi everbody,

as a newcomer to the SS08 I tried to accomplish the entrance to Hamburg with the Vermaas several times. I was wondering why I was slowing down after the first waypoints and found in the ship's log, that I had several collisions. I didn't crash into one of the ships and -hopefully- didn't hit one of the buoys. Based on this experience I have a question: is their a distance which I should not go below to avoid this. Maybe I was kind of close to the other ships but with the "chart / radar" and the missing scale it is sometimes difficult to avoid these situations.

Best regards

Der Friese

jggriffith

• Forum member
Re: Distance in models for collision
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 04:21:15 »

I had the same problem on my first trial on this mission.  I dont know what I hit either, but I do recall coming awfully close to a buoy.  It caused something like 70% damage.  On the second trial, I tried to elimanate any cross track error, which successfully stayed away from the buoys and other ships.  In fact, as soon as I hit the first waypoint, I turned to the next and let the ship go full speed ahead without having to check on it or update anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines