Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 06:03:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

First on your wishlist???

New set of Boats
- 6 (28.6%)
New set of Enviroments
- 4 (19%)
Expand  and improve Free roam enviroments
- 2 (9.5%)
Improve Multiplayer
- 4 (19%)
Put everything into Bug Fixes
- 4 (19%)
Totally New Concept (Specify)
- 1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wishlist!  (Read 2145 times)

Admiral-of-the-fleet

• Forum member
Wishlist!
« on: March 25, 2008, 23:04:36 »

Feel free to put down some suggestions and wishes into what Vstep should start on next!!!!  A new set of Ships, Enviroments, Bug Fixes, or a totally new concept ??
"Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it!"

mvsmith

Re: Wishlist!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 23:08:36 »

VSTEP are nowhere near finishing the plethora of wish lists already on the forum.

Admiral-of-the-fleet

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 00:59:34 »

No i appreciate that... this is not Vsteps official put a post here and get it done... was just curious just to see what people wanted in the game in future!!! Just like a lot of other posts declaring what ships and enviroments people wan't.  Remember don't have to comment if you don't wan't to!!!

;D ;D ;D

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 02:53:26 »

I'd like to see more functionality added to existing ships, now engine rooms are appearing, add controls & guages there give us a reason to go there. Add controls to winches so that we can tighten & slacken lines and improve radar & VHF equipment, make it era specific. Add fish finders and fish for fishing vessels. Make sure every vessel has a job to do.

Many want more ships eg Olympic, Britannic etc. I think it would be better to add more types of ship rather than add more vessels to existing types. Add a fire boat that can extinguish fires, add a dredger than can open channels etc.

Also the night time lighting is dire, visibility of lights at night is poor and buoyage is not very realistic. I think these are the key areas that will make important functional differences in how the game is played.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 02:55:53 by sonarman »

Admiral-of-the-fleet

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 21:43:43 »

ooooo!  Like the sound of that!!!!  got it in a nutshell there.. totally agree, specially with the nightime lighting and bouyage system!

JHB

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 01:07:35 »

Personally I see boats that look almost like the same stuff really just that there is some small differences.
Exterior details on the boats looks OK. When it comes to details at the wheelhouse/bridge it still seems very sparse compared to what you find on board on a real bridge. Instruments is probably a tricky part of this game when it comes to the development of such stuff. I don't think that another group of new boats is what this game needs mostly. It's more a question about what can be done with the content that the game already got.

Can we improve the bridge?
Can we add more stuff that the player can manage on board the boat?
Can we give the player more stuff (jobs and tasks)?

This sim already have a huge variation of boats and ships. The list is already starting to get long now after the latest add-on. When I sail my favorite boat in this game I'm looking more after what I can manage on board and what I find at the bridge. Of course the small info panel at the top gives a lot of information but it doesn't give you a lot of options. What about adjusting the range of radar, adjusting options that each instrument have etc? I think that would be closer to the real world of instrumental navigation than just another boat...

Just my 5 cents ;)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 07:54:36 »

Before going any further,i think the bugs should be fixed.Than continue with ships,scenery,multiplayer......
Marc
N

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 11:48:20 »

Personally i agree with both we have more than enough now the areas to play
in a large a lot untouched so to get the bugs fixed and inprove what we have
allready would be great i for one would not mind paying for this you can not
expect v-step to work for nothing .
                                                      Eric  ;D