Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 09:04:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: virtual sea network  (Read 21611 times)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: VIRTUAL SEA NETWORK
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2007, 23:19:54 »

hi

yes i thiked that me to, but is som confusent, i'l tink i hold me her in this frendli  and nice forum

Regards.

TJK

This is the only official forum for Ship Simulator, and has all the information you need about our wonderful game :)

Of course, some members start their own 'projects' that operate away from the official forums, I started a clan myself in July and some members have already joined :)

These 'projects' are all unofficial, unless officially stated by Vstep or the forum Administrator :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

TJK

« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2007, 23:25:30 »

Greetings,
Well,i still dont know the purpose of this.It's not related to Vstep and the Shipsim game.
But it's still fuzy to me,.
Maybe it's just me.
Regards
Marc

hi
same here i don't understend what the idea is about aider
then we are two
TJK :)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2007, 23:28:20 »

Sounds to me no different to any other 'clan' site out there, for all it claims otherwise.

But, who am I to criticise a private project? Let's wait and see. It could be the best thing since un-slived bread.

But I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2007, 00:16:07 »

O.K.I like private idea's.I realy dont have a problem with that.
But what does this new idea do,you sign in and than what happens????
Regards
Marc
N

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2007, 15:22:33 »

I haven't been here only one day, and a lot of comments.

Let's me get it straight. VSN is not related to Ship Simulator, or to Vstep. It's a private project.
The screenshot of the website- in the news section, it's just saying that when the new patch of SS will be released (of course with the mulitplayer), then VSN will be open for registration and joining. And about the 'Ship Simulator' at the top, it's just a link to Ships Simulator's official website, because it's a project that based on this simulator.

About the ranking system. It's not that you will be able to use only one ship of course. When you join, you are a simple sailor, that can use the standards boats. You don't need to pass an exam, or something like that. Because even if there will be an exam for a tanker (for example), it won't help you so much in the simulator.
But you need to pass exams on the higher ranks like SAR for example. The exam is practical, so the member should read all the related material before. This material will be on the 'training' page at our website, along with other information and documents. And after you pass the exams, you can use the vessels of this rank. For example simple sailors can't use the Tugboat, only Tug boaters that passed the exam.

A lot of people didn't understand yet what is really VSN. It's not a simple clan that people can sail. It's a "clan" that people sailing with port controllers, tug boats, and so long...That's not that someone can get into a tugboat and just tug people. He will have to pass an exam, and read related documents about it.

It's a nice idea to put in this project all the port jobs, like what you have said. But it won't be practical. We will use the basic and important jobs like Port Controllers, SAR, Tugboats, Pilots, and so long.
Of course it won't be 100% like in reality, because it's a simulator, and it just a project for now. More jobs, and more ideas, and more professionally, required more recourses, that the most important of them is staff members.
If we will have 20 staff members that have a lot of knowledge, of course we can make some of the ideas to reality. But for now, we use what we have.  :)

And for all the people that complain about the website, or other things that are related to VSN-
Remember that know we are just working, and everything that is displayed in our website, forum, and so long, and some links that doesn't work, it's not important now.
Everything will be ready after the new patch will be released. After that we will know what we are dealing with, and make some adjustments if needed to.

O.K.I like private idea's.I realy dont have a problem with that.
But what does this new idea do,you sign in and than what happens?Huh
Regards
Marc
First of all, you not signing in like in a forum, you send an application throw the website. After that, you will get by email all your account information, and then you can login into our network, and voice server, and start sailing, and gaining hours. Just like in a clan. But this is not an ordinary clan, here you have pilots, tug boaters, port controllers, and if you get into trouble, you have SAR. And here when you have problem while sailing you not just saying "Dude can you help you?" you using "MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY, this is Vina Sierra November 0 0 1, request...".

There is something that I didn't understand. You are talking about missions, in the multiplayer, it won't be like a big free roaming? or people can open multiplayer missions?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 15:26:52 by afik_t_king »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2007, 16:12:17 »

Hi,

To be honest I'm quite skeptical about this project because I can't really seeing it work. I mean, say I was a new sailer, and I was not allowed to do certain things or drive certain vessels how are you going to stop us from doing such things? and how will it be linked into ship simulator?? I would have thought that your idea would have to be heavilly integrated with Ship Simulator. Yes your ideas are good but I'm not sure you have thought this through properly. I just can't see it working properly.

Plus your website needs to be sorted out, the login is separate from the website itself (Design Wise at least) and it all really seems less than you make it out to be. I'm going to agree with Stu on this one, not sure where this is going to go but I still wish you good luck at least  ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

afik_t_king

• Forum member
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2007, 16:15:44 »

Hi,

To be honest I'm quite skeptical about this project because I can't really seeing it work. I mean, say I was a new sailer, and I was not allowed to do certain things or drive certain vessels how are you going to stop us from doing such things? and how will it be linked into ship simulator?? I would have thought that your idea would have to be heavilly integrated with Ship Simulator. Yes your ideas are good but I'm not sure you have thought this through properly. I just can't see it working properly.

Plus your website needs to be sorted out, the login is separate from the website itself (Design Wise at least) and it all really seems less than you make it out to be. I'm going to agree with Stu on this one, not sure where this is going to go but I still wish you good luck at least  ;)
First of all, our system doesn't have to be linked into SS.
How we can prevent someone to sail in an unauthorized vessel? we can't. But first of all we can see if he sent a report we an unauthorized vessel, and of course we have Port Controllers that can tell. And if someone did that, we will take actions against him.

About the site, I've already said that now everything is under construction.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2007, 23:06:57 »

OK. So what software will you be using then? SS, VS- what?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

TJK

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2007, 23:17:51 »

Have he given up the  VIRTUAL SEA NETWORK the link to the site http://virtualseanetwork.co.nr/  is closed and the domen adress is fore free registration

Tomaten

• Custom Mission Managers
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2007, 06:22:00 »

I thougt it was a good idea...  :'(
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!
Also known as Tomaten 2006 from the old Ship Simulator 2006 forum.[/c

mvsmith

« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2007, 08:03:09 »

In one breath he says VSN is not connected to SS; in the next, he says they are waiting for the “patch”.
I don’t see what he has to offer members of this forum. Possibly the collective knowledge here is much greater than anything he has access to.
I doubt that any members who have sea experience will want to start over at the bottom, study, and take exams in hopes of becoming an AB. :)
Once multiplayer is running, I’ve no doubt that members of this forum will devise their own VSNs to suit their own needs.
Marty

This forum is made up of a bunch of rowdy, undisciplined, scrappy individuals with a wide range of different interests and things they want out of the sim. I don’t see them submitting to the regimentation that is inherent in the proposed VSN.
Rules? We don’t need no rules! :)

Edited by Marcstrat,"We dont need no (****)rules!
Sorry,keep the reply a bit proper and correct,for the forum.
Regards
Marc

« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 08:42:29 by marcstrat »

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2007, 09:47:37 »

oh well thought it had some millage init! Though i didnt fancy having to resit exams again to drive ships..already had to do that once before!!

Out of intrest, i am new to simulating (on a large scale) though not shipping, but what is a CLAN all about???  ::)Seen it mentioned a few times so thought i really should know..  ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2007, 10:07:29 »

Out of intrest, i am new to simulating (on a large scale) though not shipping, but what is a CLAN all about???  ::)Seen it mentioned a few times so thought i really should know..  ;)

Hiya :)

This page from Wikipedia may explain things for you ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_%28computer_gaming%29

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

dharl

• Forum member
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2007, 12:09:16 »

Many thanks DJM!    :) All becomes clear(er) now...  :D

PS like you vids on youtube  ;)

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2007, 12:10:30 »

You're very welcome :)

Thanks, I am still working on my latest one, I guess I should put some more time in eh ;)

Tomaten

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2007, 13:15:16 »

no rules?
maybe this is an idea?:

The admin that is in charge can have an own boat to chase those who doing something stupid  ;D

could be quite fun..
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2007, 12:47:28 »

This forum is made up of a bunch of rowdy, undisciplined, scrappy individuals with a wide range of different interests and things they want out of the sim. I don’t see them submitting to the regimentation that is inherent in the proposed VSN.
Rules? We don’t need no rules! :)

Why, thank you.  ;D

Stu

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2007, 12:48:27 »

The admin that is in charge can have an own boat to chase those who doing something stupid  ;D

Warships aren't in the game yet :(

But if it doesn't link to SS or VS or whatever, how can a port controller do anything at all...

Stu

Tomaten

Re: virtual sea network
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2007, 16:06:12 »

I ment if Vstep had an own server, that those who are mods and admin have opertinity to chase peolpe out of the server if they do something stupid  ;)

with for examlpe the policeboat, powerboat or something like that..  :D
We're the cool group  8)
Tuuuuuuut Tuuuuuuuuuut!

mvsmith

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2007, 22:56:36 »

I think VSTEP do have their own server.
If they chased everyone off who did something stupid with a ship, the only people left would be me and Stu, along with DJM flipping a coin to see which one of us would go next. ;D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2007, 22:58:15 »

I think VSTEP do have their own server.
If they chased everyone off who did something stupid with a ship, the only people left would be me and Stu, along with DJM flipping a coin to see which one of us would go next. ;D

ROFL.....you expect Stu to play fair? :o :o  You obviously don't know him that well :P ;D

I am joking of course ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2007, 10:54:17 »

ROFL.....you expect Stu to play fair? :o :o  You obviously don't know him that well :P ;D

:o  ??? :(

I am a decent bloke who would NEVER do anything unfair in the multiplayer...

... And I will ram and sink anyone who dares to disagree.

For those countries that do not understand irony- it is the contradiction of ones statement

Stu

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2007, 18:05:33 »

:o  ??? :(

I am a decent bloke who would NEVER do anything unfair in the multiplayer...

... And I will ram and sink anyone who dares to disagree.

For those countries that do not understand irony- it is the contradiction of ones statement

Stu

lol... ;D
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2007, 14:18:22 »

i fixed the qoute for SMALL text
I'm sorry? fixed what?

BTW Qoute (sic) is spelled qUOte.

Stu

simking

• Forum member
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2007, 02:10:40 »

I believe he was trying to recreate a VATSIM type of network or a virutral airline for ship sim as a flight simmer these are common and easy to understand and use VAtsim is controlled just like real life someone is a controller and then the pilots you have to file a flight plan and play by the rules that the FAA sets. SS should explore the flightsim world and use some of their ideas and SS could be just as big.avsim and flightsim.com and a hundred other places  I can DL planes and scenery for just about any location on the globe i  want.You have to decide to you want to be a game or a simulator? to be as successful as the flightsim would mean relying on your mambers and fans to create scenery and ships its more than making expansion packs and making money.Use some of their ideas and become global.SS has tons of potential if its done right.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines