Hello Guest May 17, 2024, 18:14:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Updated Vermaas available on Creators Forum  (Read 12809 times)

matt5674

Re: Updated Vermaas available on Creators Forum
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2009, 04:14:57 »

could be cool if Titanic was like the new Vermaas ;D

mvsmith

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 04:41:10 »

I know what you mean. If she had a bow thruster she might have fended off the berg. If she carried containers instead of people she would not have killed 1500 people.

ccr-lover

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 08:57:17 »

And here Vermaas is visiting Lauritzen Canal in Richmond (San Fransisco environment). The last turn was NARROW, but other the that there were no problems getting there :)
--------------------------------------------
 \\\\ Creedence Clearwater Revival Lover  ////
  \\\\   Ships, boats, building models of   ////
   \\\\   them and good, old rock'n roll.  ////
    --------------------------------------

TerryRussell

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 09:13:50 »

You will find that having shed so much weight, Vermaas becomes a lot more respnsive. That is a reflection of reality.  :thumbs:

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 12:48:27 »

Looks like the unladen Vermaas doenst work well on MP. Jack and i tryed to tow a unladen Vermaas, Captain Mike, but it went horrible. Both Jack and me don't have the unladen Vermaas, only Mike has it. The unladen keeps on spinning, some kind of strange lag (not the lag we are used too) and the ropes are very stretchy, more than normal.
It's the crew that makes the difference

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 13:14:43 »

Yes, serious problems, at first, Mike would not move at all, and he looked to be out of the water, then, he would jump forward, and hit me, then, Ballast's ropes would stretch, yet he would not move. Then Mike would list and start spinning wildly, something is certainly not right.

Its almost like, Laden, and Unladen are fighting eachother, because, at some points, he's higher out of the water, then lower, its almost like the two just can't work together, if I have Laden, and Mike has unladen, it just dosen't work.

It wasn't just Mike that we had problems with, this morning, we had problems (Me and Nathan) With another Vermaas, something is certainly wrong, is there a technical explanation Terry?

Jack :)
Kind Regards,
Jack.

TerryRussell

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 13:49:36 »

You probably all need to be using the same version. Can't be absolutely certain, but I can see how it might happen if different PCs are interpreting Vermaas in different ways. I'll speak to Luc and see if he has any other insights on this.

Can you please report these problems using the feedback on CF? Thanks! That way it gets routed properly.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 14:31:25 »

Ok, added my comment via the feedback option. In SP it works great without any problems though :)

TerryRussell

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 15:14:58 »

I will add the previous reduced draft version to Creators Forum.

I think that may work better in MP. As it is very quick and easy to change between them, (Use RD2 in MP, and RD2 or RD3 in Free Roam or in Missions, etc), that shouldn't be a great disadvantage.

matt5674

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 15:36:18 »

I was happy that I can't get SS08 on my too modern XP Professional. But I wouldn't use Unladen Vermaas in Multiplayer, U Vermaas+Fairmount Sherpa+tow line= Bad tow day.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 15:39:17 »

I dont know if it's coinsedance but it seems that wile towing with the Sherpa the rope is less elastic as when towing with the B2.

TerryRussell

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 16:01:30 »

I can't see how that would be caused by the RD version of Vermaas. Who can tell.

Maybe it's just a different make of hawser?  ;D

matt5674

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 16:09:02 »

I am just saying what I could have seen or do with SS08 installed.

Happy 500 posts!

Capt. Jim

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 16:54:10 »

Why Not post it on the SS08 forum Terry? You're website is just a maze.. dont understand it ....  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

TJK

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 17:00:31 »

Why Not post it on the SS08 forum Terry? You're website is just a maze.. dont understand it ....  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
the creator forum are easy to navigate on, if you will haw the new vermasse update go you go to  the download section and you find it their if you are a member go here http://217.45.209.217/cgi-bin/creators/entry.pl if not join to go there
TJK
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 17:04:28 by TJK »

TerryRussell

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 18:10:32 »

Well, over 300 other users seem to be able to navigate it OK. Seems quite simple to me... 

The purpose of Creators Forum is to help creators. They donate their time and effort. You get a chance to try out their hard work. You then provide feedback on it, so that they can modify it if need be.

You click on "downloads", select what type you're inerested in (or just view the entire list) and then click on the relevant button.

If that's too difficult, then you probably shouldn't be testing the various missions and other freebies there, as you may not be able to provide the feedback that they want.. But thanks, anyway.

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 22:54:39 »

Wow I must be a  very clever guy, since I'm on the same level of intelligence as Terry is on. How do I know it? Easy: I also find it quite simple to navigate around creators forum

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

TerryRussell

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2009, 10:03:11 »

Hi Minime.

You are of course a member of the Genius Club!

You can now use this avatar if you wish.

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2009, 11:12:19 »

Ah I don't think so, there are so many like us who know how do navigate around there and I don't think we need a genius guy chaos now. So do make things better a had a little brain suction.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

TerryRussell

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2009, 11:25:44 »

There is now another version of Vermaas on Creators Forum (RD2).

Draughts are as follows:

Original version 13.90 metres
RD2 10.30 metres
RD3 7.35

My suggestion is that you should not use RD3 on MP, unless all players have that version installed. If you want to work in "mixed company", you should use either the origial version or the RD2 version.

TerryRussell

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2009, 11:42:04 »

See the words on Creators Forum. And abve about the draught of the various versions.

As RD3 now floats almost 7 metres higher, that prop is going to come out of the water quite a lot as you ride the waves.

TerryRussell

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2009, 11:47:36 »

The prop hasn't been moved, so far as I know.

Maybe it's always been like that, but never seen, as it is usually submerged.

Or it might just be the way that your video card, drivers and codec have interpreted the vector diagram instructions sent to them by the Simulator. Another card (or even your card on another day) may interpret them differently.

These modifications do have a serious side. With the new versions, a Mission Creator can write a mission where Vermaas has to navigate an area previously out of bounds. This can be used to provide some clever skills in tight situations. Just like in real life.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:50:42 by TerryRussell »

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 12:19:28 »

I was happy that I can't get SS08 on my too modern XP Professional.

I don't understand what you mean by that.  ???

I was under the impression that SS2008 can be installed on both XP and Vista, so it shouldn't matter if your PC is too modern just because it's using XP Professional.

I use XP Home Edition and it works fine with SS2008 (and SS2006 as well). XP Professional is not that much different from the Home Edition -  XP Professional is aimed at business users and contains some features that are not available in XP Home Edition, since most home users would not use them anyway.

Kev

OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

TerryRussell

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 12:44:42 »

Hi Kevin.

It runs fine on my XP Pro and Vista Business PCs as well.

If Matt truly has a problem he can alway ask in Tech Support, of course.

mvsmith

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2009, 13:13:56 »

Hi Terry,
You could claim that it was necessary to lower the screw to reduce cavitation as the hull rode higher, but the screw is out of place in the original.
Regards,
Marty
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines