Hello Guest May 07, 2024, 17:29:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fictional Ship  (Read 4832 times)

phoebelou

• Forum member
New Fictional Ship
« on: October 26, 2012, 17:04:37 »

This is a new project that will be run by myself and cun@rd. My current Oriana project will be paused until this is complete. All the exterior will be made by cun@rd and the interior done by myself.

The model will be made for use in Virtual Sailor, and if it ever happens CCC 2. Like the Oriana project it will have walkable interiors, but not completely walkable. It will be about as walkable as mrrobvilles Oceana.

The ship will be a sister ship of the new Royal Princess and NCL Breakaway.

But, a question for you what do you want it to be called? All requests that are sent in I will write down then after a couple of days I will put it into a poll on what name we want in the end.

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 18:00:01 by phoebelou »
New updates for new project coming soon..

phoebelou

• Forum member
Fictional Ship - Update
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 17:14:18 »

Heres a picture of her! Not done yet, model done by cun@rd but he can't proceed or post as he has started a leg at sea! No name has been decided!!

phoebelou

• Forum member
UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 19:02:40 »

What's this? Some fresh renders?  ;)

I'd like to point out before any questions arise, I may have some answers, mainly for the first photo. The rooms to the top left are Cabin tests, they are no where near complete, and if you can see it on the picture, the texturing is dreadful on it! Secondly all the indents on the side are balconies, obviously. Finally, the tube like object at the bottom of the boat is a walkway that goes directly from the Promenade Deck, to the Bow area of the ship, like on ship's like Independence of the Seas.

As you can see the model is no where near done and a lot of what you can see is just test's and may not be in the final model.

An update for the whole ship. The exterior modelling and texturing is very close to completion. Some more renders will be released closer to the end of exterior designs. When this is complete, modelling will stop for a while as I plan out a deck plan, and make what will be inside the ship etc.

If anyone has any thoughts of what they would like to see inside the ship, be sure to tell me and I will try my hardest to fit it in, this can be anything from an Ice Rink, to a humungous Water Slide on the top deck. The choice is yours! Also the ship has no name yet! Any ideas would be appreciated.

phoebelou

The Ferry King

• Forum member
Re: New Fictional Ship
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 07:40:16 »

looks like a good start, looking at your first post pic, all i can say is remember to smooth some edges,

phoebelou

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 15:02:45 »

Already done it :) ... Kind of..

phoebelou

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 21:14:36 »

Well.. It's been a long time hasn't it? Or is it just me?

Well, I'm not sure if anyones still following this as it's been so long, but I have been held up in work, I've been on a cruise! (For education purposes of course  :lol: ). But in my last post you saw I was working on a balcony cabin for the ship.

I am pleased to say this room is near completion and I will then move probably to a suite. In the next few days (or weeks, probably) I will be drawing up deck plans for the ship so I know what I'm going to do, if anyone has any suggestions, or anything they want to ask me to put on it, feel free to ask, there's a 99% chance it will end up in the deck plan.

But anyway I've attached some photo's of the cabin, any feedback would be respected!

Phoebelou

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 09:01:31 »

:2thumbs: I love it. Looks classy.

I love that floor design with that blue stripe. Reminds me of something.  :P  ;)

Looking at the size of the furniture, it seems to look a bit large/high. Making the cabin look small easily and sometimes cluttered.
I made such mistake when I designed my first cabin back in '07:

Looking at a real cabin (from the real P&O Oceana)

The room size is pretty much the same, yet it looks bigger.

The following dimensions might help you with getting an idea of size. It's what I use for my designs:

.Minimum seat height 45CM
.Average bed height (no mattress) 40CM
.Dressing table height +- 70CM
.Saloon table height 30CM
.2 Person bed size (Width X Length) 160 X 200 (I'm a large person so I prefer this size if not bigger)
.Minimum width of corridors or walkable space between high objects 60CM
.Minimum width of walkable space between low objects (E.G. between chairs and saloon table) If possible, try to stick with the 60CM rule.
.Minimum desk/dressing table depth 60CM
.Private promenade depth +-1.5 meters
.Railing height 1.2 meters

Of course, these are just mere guidelines. But they give you a nice impression of the scale of things.

One other tip, I would keep the forward area of the cabin reserved for a place to sit, move the bar to the back side of the cabin and make it less deep.

phoebelou

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 16:25:50 »

Thank you for the advice!

Yes, it may remind you of something.  :lol: But when seeing it in the Oceana I thought it looked really cool and tested it in this cabin and thought it looked nice.

I've just measured most things in the cabin.

- The bed, excluding the mattress, is 39cm in height, which I'd say is pretty darn close!
- The desk, just by the bed, to the right of the first picture I put in my post, that has a height of 72cm
- The height of the bar on the left of the render is 80cm (just going up to the part where the drinks are made)
- The overall length of the cabin (not including the balcony) is 7.4 m
- The overall width of the cabin is 2.7 m
- The height of the balcony railings is 1.04 m (will probably be slightly brought up)

But I will be changing the layout and sizes slightly, and there are still more objects which will still need to be added, like: More wall art, Balcony furniture, Chairs (to go near the desk) and some new textures will probably be added because some of them look unrealistic.

So as I said in the last post, this cabin may look almost finished, but still has a bit of work still to be done. I'm thinking of maybe making something like a better version of a normal balcony cabin. A lot like P&O's, Superior Deluxe Balconies, or Royal Carribbeans Mini Suites. Just really something between a balcony cabin and a suite. But anyway, should be more new in the next week, probably furniture for either inside the cabin or on the balcony!

Phoebeou

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 07:14:27 »

I usually use four meters width for my cabins. and the one I'm currently designing is 8 meters long.
Deck to ceiling height is 2.4 meters (If I remember correctly).
The width of four meters is what I'm most comfortably with. It leaves enough room for all features I want to implement.

Regarding your textures, you used this one haven't you?  ;D
http://cgtextures.com/texview.php?id=19680&PHPSESSID=2cul0iup7hlctil9r0eatsv3h1

Looks like we're both on the same page here. Nearly my whole Titanic is covered with this texture.  :doh:

Maybe a nice idea for more details is to panel your ceiling. Many cabins have that and make it look less empty.
Or a special light fitting above the bed. This is more common at Norwegian Cruise lines.

And adding a wooden edge between the walls and ceiling, seperating the two brings more depth within the cabin as well. Many cabins have that. E.G. the one I showed above or here on the QM2:

Notice the small size of the dressing table/desk.

phoebelou

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 12:58:56 »

Hello everyone again!

It's been a while hasn't it!? Well, the last update was just before the summer of 2013, while people were listening to 'Blurred Lines' and 'Get Lucky'. It is a sure sign of the passing of time, because as I am writing this I have the sounds of Christmas songs in my ears; Boy this year's gone fast!

But anyway, although all this time has gone by, not much progress has been made. Between July and now I have not been modelling at all and have not worked on anything related. But this morning I finally thought, I should do some work on the fictional ship with no name!

As it is only a one-days work, not much change has been made. But, I can now announce that the Inside Cabin, Outside Cabin and Balcony Cabin Templates have been made! They all completely the same, but obviously, one with no window, one with a window and one with a balcony. Soon I shall come back to the outside and inside template again and make some changes to make each one unique.

But for now, enjoy this fresh render of the three cabins next to each other!

Happy Sailing  :captain:

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 16:28:30 »

Ok, now we're waiting for the ship's route and of course the ticket's cost  :captain:

Thanks a lot stormforce!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines