Hello Guest May 15, 2024, 21:13:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there an actual sailboat for boatsimulator 2008??  (Read 4857 times)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Is there an actual sailboat for boatsimulator 2008??
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2009, 17:09:28 »

When we used to come from the Florida Strait to UK in the summer time, we often used the Great Circle track. We made a small course alteration at mid-day and midnight which did not affect either the time or fuel consumption as the alterations were only a matter of a couple of degrees each time.

By the way, to get back to the original topic. Marty touched on it when he mentioned Sail Simulator 5. This is a really good simulator which has just had two updates, yesterday and today. It gets better with each update, and the sailing is great. I think I can get away with this ad. as VStep approve of the game and sell it on their website shop. :angel: I think the confusion with "zmanff" is because some search engines actually call Ship Simulator "Boat Simulator". Now please do not get into a big argy bargy over the difference between ships and boats. :doh: ;) ;)

Angus.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 17:25:17 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2009, 18:45:05 »

Angus

I find this navigating lark really quite interesting as I'm sure many others here do as well. Perhaps you would consider, when time permits, elaborating on it a bit more.

With my flying background, I think the principle is similar, but not the same (and in my single engine Firefly I've never had to navigate further than the next airfiled, so I've never plotted a long journey).

Of course I would never encourage a goderator to go O/T, so perhaps a new thread could be found for anyone who wishes to discuss navigation/ getting lost for ships?

"This is TomTom. At the next bouy turn starboard and continue to the pier, then take the second exit from the harbour...." BANG.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2009, 20:04:29 »

white horses?

Call them White Caps here.

Sam

• Forum member
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 11:49:04 »

Well....Good luck with your test,

Well, I just discovered that in Dutch the terms are different.

Just look on the explanation of Leeway on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeway

Then go to languages and click on 'Nederlands'.
You will see in verry big letters in the title 'DRIFT'.

Just a language mishap.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 01:54:13 »

white horses?

Call them White Caps here.

Last time I was on a small sailing boat, just sinking near Dover, we called them (*&(&^*^%^& hell- white water.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines