Hello Guest May 03, 2024, 05:21:48 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Purchased on Steam, Doesn't work and I have no Product Key to register!?!  (Read 59066 times)

Roger

• Forum member

Hi,

That is not a official fix, so it may not work for everyone. As I said, there will be more information shortly :)

What's not official about shipsim.com?

Roger

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator

Guys,

If it was an official fix then it would have been posted by a developer or member of staff. You can cleary see that it was posted by a member ;)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Your_A_Nation

• Forum member

i tried that way and it did the same thing as it was doing.  that whole language not supported thing.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator

Exactly, a fix that may not work for everyone :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Your_A_Nation

• Forum member

i just hope that STEAM fixes it soon.  its been 2 days that i had the game and have not been able to play it. :C

danny

• Forum member

i'm having problems to, so were all in the same boat,
but steam is one hell of a company, and i can tell you that when friends of mine were under there employment, the managment took issues like this very seruosily, and i'm sure they still do,
in the mean time, theres always ss2008 (we all know that works  ;D )
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

haldir323

• Forum member

Hi all,

Unfortunately there is no timescale about the Steam issue. The only thing I know is that they are working on a solution as we speak (well perhaps not now as they'e probably still asleep due to the timezones ;D).

Be rest assured things are being worked on and you will all be updated shortly when more information is available :)

I was wondering how you came about that they are working on it? Ive been on the steam forums and here and doesnt seem to be one word from valve.

danny

• Forum member

captin spencer is mod, and probobly in contact with vstep or something along those lines,
dan
(and yes, i'm answering because right now i have nothing better to do but "forum watch  ;D )
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

sean2e5

• Forum member

I ordered this game a few days ago and its coming tomorrow I was thinking over the weekend of everyone playing it while I waited for it. But I've just come onto the forums and checked user reviews for the game everything seems to be going bad and a lot of people haven't been able to play it yet so I'm not the only one. I hope the problems get fixed and I'm now worried if my game is not going to work when it arrives..  :-\
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 18:29:59 by sean2e5 »
ONLINE NAME      ZENARCHER

haldir323

• Forum member

captin spencer is mod, and probobly in contact with vstep or something along those lines,
dan
(and yes, i'm answering because right now i have nothing better to do but "forum watch  ;D )

Yeah I was hoping captain spencer can elaborate a little bit more because if theres a place on the net where he got this info then I would like to know. If he got it from the devs then thats okay too but was just curious. I have a ticket open with steam telling them how poor communication is from them. I'm getting more info on the problems with steam from the devs (in this forum) than from valve.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 22:07:48 by haldir323 »

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator

Hi haldi323,

Danny is correct all staff here on the forum are always in contact with VSTEP. I can confirm that VSTEP said that Steam have been notified about this and are working on it to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

I doubt they will be posting on their own forums about this problem though.

Trust me, this is being sorted out as quickly as possible ;)

haldir323

• Forum member

Hi haldi323,

Danny is correct all staff here on the forum are always in contact with VSTEP. I can confirm that VSTEP said that Steam have been notified about this and are working on it to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks a bunch for the update. You guys on this forum are the only reason why I wont be asking for a refund. Keep up the good work!  :thumbs:

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator

Hi Haldir,

Well we try and provide people with as much information as possible and let me know what the situation is.

Unfortunately some don't appreciate the work we do :-\

haldir323

• Forum member

Hi Haldir,

Well we try and provide people with as much information as possible and let me know what the situation is.

Unfortunately some don't appreciate the work we do :-\

It's a thankless job but you should always know at the end of the day that you are helping out people no matter what their reactions are.

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator

Well we do our best to help people with any issues as much as possible :)

Douglas123

• Forum member

My problem is that no one will answer us when we say we get the language is not supported can someone PLEASE tell me what is going on with the error are they fixing it?
The fishies wait for you when your sailing incase you sink <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator

Douglas,

I apologise for not replying to your post in particular, however we as staff have literally 'pages' of posts to go through, answering probably hundreds of questions about various things.

If you are concerned about something, it is best to contact VSTEP directly who will answer your question as soon as possible.

Regards,
Adam

Roger

• Forum member

If you are concerned about something, it is best to contact VSTEP directly who will answer your question as soon as possible.

As it seems a common problem, it should be better if 1 man comes with an answer then 200 people come with the same question?

Stuart2007

• Forum member

Hi haldi323,

Things have changed then, Adam, as they used to speak to us at christmas and easter and ignore goderators for the rest of the year  ;)
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Your_A_Nation

• Forum member

i just hope that they fix this soon. because after looking at the pictures and videos i want to try this game out!

TJK

i just hope that they fix this soon. because after looking at the pictures and videos i want to try this game out!

You can bay a downloaded version from www.shipsim.com  that are a steam free game

regards
Tore

Your_A_Nation

• Forum member

i dont have that much money to throw in to the game again or i would. i dont want to take a chance of steam not giving a refund and then one just sits around.

TJK

Understand, but they working with it so lets hope the fix will come weary soon and i can promise you the game are not so bad that many say it is.
Tore
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 04:15:26 by TJK »

Your_A_Nation

• Forum member

yes that i know. and i wish steam would let us in on what they are doing on their end more.  like what was said earlier i know more about whats going on from you guys then i do from steam itself.  they are leaving everyone in the dark on the game and still selling it without saying that it isn't working properly.  that i dont understand...

TJK

No probleme to be agree with you their
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines