Hello Guest May 22, 2024, 01:40:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shipsim payment system registration problems  (Read 2264 times)

JD

• Forum member
Shipsim payment system registration problems
« on: August 02, 2007, 23:33:05 »

I wanted to purchase Ship Sim 2008 and created an account in the payment system. I was supposed to get an activation email to activate my account. Well I never get it. I went through several times using the utility to re-send the activation email, but it never comes. This is separate from the forums account.
 I submitted an inquiry under the support section last week but I guess nobody read that stuff.
 So before I give up completely, I was hoping someone here might be able to lead me in the right direction for help on where or how to buy Shipsim 08 in the USA.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
Re: Shipsim payment system registration problems
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 23:40:42 »

Hiya :)

Firstly, have you checked your junk mail filter?  It may be a case of PM'ing one of the Developers on here to ascertain what the problem may be, we Moderators don't have access to the payment system.

If one of the Devs sees this tomorrow, they may have a look at it for you, or one of us Moderators can PM them for you ;)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

JD

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:03:18 »

Thanks for the reply.  I don't have any junk filters and check my email through comcast's webmail and sort it out manually.
 I'm not sure who to PM. I hope one of them see this message and can help get it fixed. I haven't seen the game in any stores so I was going to get the downloadable version and I was all ready to get sailing about right then. But it's been about a week and I haven't heard anything other then an email advertising the game which was kinda like salt in a wound. I'm looking forward to the high seas and other new features added since 2006.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 09:18:40 »

Just to be sure, I've contacted one of the Developers for you :)

Hopefully the problem will be resolved for you soon.

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

JD

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 22:59:48 »

Thanks again DJM.  I still haven't heard anything yet though. I even just tried to register again under a different email address. No go. The online payment registration system is broken.  You would think this would be an urgent issue. Not just for me, but for thier business since it apparently won't let anyone buy the game.
 I'm curious, how did you buy it? Did you find it in a store somewhere? Maybe it sees I'm in the USA and they aren't selling it over here yet. Not even the downloadable version.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 23:11:44 »

When I was buying it also it wouldn't come though on mine or my mom's comcast email so my mom used her Microsoft email and it worked, for some reason it seems that comcast blocks it?

JD

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2007, 04:11:07 »

When I was buying it also it wouldn't come though on mine or my mom's comcast email so my mom used her Microsoft email and it worked, for some reason it seems that comcast blocks it?

Huh, maybe they do. Now I'm wondering what else they blocked.
 Never the less, I found another place to get it. http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_product_details&pid=1817

mark

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 09:36:15 »

Hello JD,

Sorry for the late response.

It seems that email messages to Comcast addresses are being blocked, we already asked them for support, but they have yet to give us a working solution for the problem.

The registration procedure itself is not broken, we receive new registrations and orders all the time.
For the time being you could buy the game also from our partner SimWare (Link can be found in agent Austins posting)

We expect the game to be available on amazon.com within a few weeks. US Stores will not have the game until Q4.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines