Hello Guest May 15, 2024, 06:03:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Windows Vista user or Windows XP?

I am a vista user! (ROCK ON)
- 15 (44.1%)
I am an XP User
- 16 (47.1%)
XP User planning to get Vista
- 1 (2.9%)
Niether and shouldnt be voting
- 2 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Vista or Windows XP?  (Read 4731 times)

firestar12

Windows Vista or Windows XP?
« on: September 16, 2008, 01:18:07 »

I have said enough ;D BTW, I am a vista

Master Captain

• Forum member
Re: Windows Vista or Windows XP?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:29:28 »

i'm use both ;)

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 02:40:07 »

All my computers have either of 3 combos,

Windows Vista + Linux

Windows XP + Linux

Windows 2000 + Linux

It's my two brand new lap tops that have vista and I Can't Stand It. it just drives me up the wall. IF you are woundering how I have 1...2...3...4... operating systems on one computer, I have ways. ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:46:14 »

All my computers have either of 3 combos,

Windows Vista + Linux

Windows XP + Linux

Windows 2000 + Linux

It's my two brand new lap tops that have vista and I Can't Stand It. it just drives me up the wall. IF you are woundering how I have 1...2...3...4... operating systems on one computer, I have ways. ;)

Boot Camp?

llamalord

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:55:29 »

Huh?  ???
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

www.llamalord

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 08:20:10 »

Vista and that   :-\

[edit by Terry] Using asterisks to obscure part of your bad language isn't good enough. Find some other way to say things, without swearing. You've been asked not to this, previously.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 20:24:15 by TerryRussell »

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 16:18:03 »

I love Vista :)

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 16:50:50 »

I have vista and it starts so slow, and that's annoying.

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 16:51:53 »

Vista sucks!  >:(
All ahead full!

Minime

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 18:36:54 »

I don't think it sucks, it's just not complete

thanks to Tore/TJK for this awesome sig

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 19:17:08 »

Huh?  ???

Do you use boot camp to run multiple OS's?

Master Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 20:01:29 »

you just need a good computer to run visa thats all, it doesn't suck.

TerryRussell

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 20:28:07 »

I have Vista and XP and Windows 2000 as well as some Unix platforms.

I would cheerfully throw Vista into the nearest dustbin ("trash can" for Americans). "Useless pile of junk" is the kindest thing I can say about it.

Asking me every second key press if I really meant to press the key is NOT a security feature. It's a waste of my time and a demonstration of the ignorance of the prgramming team.

Yes, I know I can disable the UAC. I can (and have) also heavily edited the registry and modified the various policies to make it run. So now I have Vista running and looking like Windows 2000. Marvellous. But why don't I just run Windows 2000 instead?

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 20:29:43 »

I have vista and it starts so slow, and that's annoying.
Starts and closes faster then XP. I can startup in about 5 seconds. Shutdown in about 3.

I have Vista and XP and Windows 2000 as well as some Unix platforms.

I would cheerfully throw Vista into the nearest dustbin ("trash can" for Americans). "Useless pile of junk" is the kindest thing I can say about it.

Asking me every second key press if I really meant to press the key is NOT a security feature. It's a waste of my time and a demonstration of the ignorance of the prgramming team.

Yes, I know I can disable the UAC. I can (and have) also heavily edited the registry and modified the various policies to make it run. So now I have Vista running and looking like Windows 2000. Marvellous. But why don't I just run Windows 2000 instead?

Old people never like change.  ::)

TerryRussell

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 20:38:01 »

Starts and closes faster then XP. I can startup in about 5 seconds. Shutdown in about 3.

Sluggish compared to my XP setup, then. But then I have a memory sideshunter that I designed and built. 100mS is the time it takes for me to switch from one system to another.

Old people never like change.  ::)

What a silly thing to say.

If I showed you the ultra-technology I have here, you'd drool with envy. I design and test things that you won't see in the shops for the next five years.

I can talk to my TV and tell it what I want it to record for me while I'm out. I can phone home from Singapore and tell the deep-freeze to start to thaw something out for my wife and I when we return the next day.

Today I added an extra 4 TB of storage in my small server. Then I went for a run in the Solent in my new Sunseeker Monteray.

Right now I'm working on a certain version of Linux that people will probably use next year.

Don't like change? You'd never be able to keep up with things here, the way I change them.  ::)

matt5674

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 04:45:15 »

Vista sucks!  >:(
i feel you. i hate the vista even though my parents bought it for me i still hate it. i am about to get a new computer.the windows xp.i'll hook up the xp to my tv which can also be a computer screen and use both screens for that splits screen thing i wanted to try out instead of a single screen split screen mode. My computer is coming in about 16 days. but it will be longer than expected since my town got devestated by a powerful windstorm here in Louisville,KY. tons of damage and debris but no casualties.

lilfirefighterbailey

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 12:14:09 »

Ahh People, the ever lasting debate over computer operating systems which, by the way are just as big on the Microsoft Online Forums. We should all agree that although Vista has it's downside (alot), Microsoft are still looking to improve it all the time. My Vista must go through atleast 4 update downloads a week. Hey, who knows maybe this time next year we could all be saying "WOW, i want Vista" ;D :).
Though i doubt hehe. Oh and A|A is right mine starts up in like 5 seconds, compared to my old XP it started up and i would have had time to make some marmite on toast and a cuppa tea :D whilst it loaded. :D

Kind Regards
Lilfirefighterbailey.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 12:16:15 by lilfirefighterbailey »
Regards
Lilfirefighterbailey
SSN Admin/Founder

Captain Best

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 13:40:01 »

I use Xp Often.

But sometimes Vista.

Xp Is best Currently.
Because its finish.

But Vista isnt so much Complete.
But Vista Would be my favorite soon...

But Vista Has a Good Design :D

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 16:22:17 »

Hi,
Terry Russell can you make Linux compatible with games? Then I might become interested. I use XP and it take about 2 and a half minutes to load up, but that doesn't really bother me. My school just upgraded from office 2003 to 2007 and nobody likes it very much. Also, with the deep freeze thing, do you have a robot that takes stuff out for you or does it defrost different compartments?
[terryrussell quote]Sluggish compared to my XP setup, then. But then I have a memory sideshunter that I designed and built. 100mS is the time it takes for me to switch from one system to another.[terryrussell quote] So from the time you press the on button to being able to start internet explorer is under a second? Or is it always running and you just flip a switch and it goes to xp, already loaded? Either way, that's pretty cool. I'm gunna do A level computing so that I can understand what all that means

RMS Canada

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 16:51:22 »

I don't think it sucks, it's just not complete

Well, I rather have XP than stinking Vista!  I've heard it is nothing but trouble.
All ahead full!

TerryRussell

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 17:54:51 »

Hi,
Terry Russell can you make Linux compatible with games? Then I might become interested.
In your dreams, I'm afraid. You should un games on the O/S they're designed for. Touble lies ahead any other way.

I use XP and it take about 2 and a half minutes to load up, but that doesn't really bother me. My school just upgraded from office 2003 to 2007 and nobody likes it very much. Also, with the deep freeze thing, do you have a robot that takes stuff out for you or does it defrost different compartments?

Fom a standing stat, XP takes 3 seconds longer than Vista on my system.

Yes, I have robotic trays with actuating arms that withdraw a tray from the deepfreeze and defrost it.

Sluggish compared to my XP setup, then. But then I have a memory sideshunter that I designed and built. 100mS is the time it takes for me to switch from one system to another.
So from the time you press the on button to being able to start internet explorer is under a second? Or is it always running and you just flip a switch and it goes to xp, already loaded? Either way, that's pretty cool. I'm gunna do A level computing so that I can understand what all that means

I have a bank of 32GB of flash RAM. I can press a hotkey and transfer the entire contents of the PC into that, and then load a previous save from whatever other O/S I was using. I can get about 8-10 saves into that usually.

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 18:18:33 »

I thought it would be something to do with some other ram. I think the robot thing is really cool, and did you write the software for the tv recorder so that it knows your voice? Is that standard Vista or your windows 2000 vista? Is 2 and a half miuntes normal? How long does yours take (question for everyone)? Why am I asking so many questions? Will I every stop? Error 1202

TerryRussell

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2008, 19:10:22 »

You have to bear in mind that I can and do write in what is known as "machine code". That is the instruction set that the processor uses. With that, I can produce very fast routines that occupy a tiny amount of memory.

Anyone interested in doing that should learn the structure and language of the 086 series of processors and then move onto books such as
"The Assembly Programming Master Book" by Vlad Pirogov.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines