Hello Guest May 15, 2024, 10:17:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update for boxed version? V1003  (Read 1718 times)

CUNARD

• Forum member
Update for boxed version? V1003
« on: January 16, 2011, 20:47:56 »

Can anyone tell mell me if V1003 means v1.3 ? if not i cannot seem to get the update to apply on the sim,every time i try it says STEAM will update next time i start, but it never does if the version i have show is incorrect, I only bought the sim yesterday.

reck

• Forum member
Re: Update for boxed version? V1003
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 21:06:47 »

i'm having problems with steam patching aswell,

what is you build and version number in the bottom left when you go to the options screen?

CUNARD

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 22:48:02 »

Hi there, on the left it says 1.0  V1003,i can only guess that there is a problem with STEAM and this sim  ???

reck

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 22:50:48 »

hi i have made a thread with what i have tried and such http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,23630.0.html

it is and isnt something to do with steam as lonewolf who has been helping me has the steam version too, seems like steam not giving the updated game at the moment for some reason though

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:25:01 »

Hi,

Steam does update the game automatically, but there is a problem with steam not updating the version number.

But if you have the mission editor in the game, then you're on the most recent version and need not worry.

Regards,
Fred

reck

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 03:29:10 »

Hi,

Steam does update the game automatically, but there is a problem with steam not updating the version number.

But if you have the mission editor in the game, then you're on the most recent version and need not worry.

Regards,
Fred

hi fred,

i am not sure you understand my problem from my thread?
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,23630.0.html

my problem is yes i show and older version number, however another steam user does not
here are a screenshot of both:
me: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/6877/settingsfa.jpg
another steam user: http://i53.tinypic.com/2enxaaa.jpg

my problem is that we both have steam versions, i have tried multiple things to solve the issue without luck, And i still cannont join ANY cutom player game otherwise i get the error: http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7049/bothsteam.jpg
i have tried to join several other player made games and cannot as i get the same message....
so why would steam update another uasers game correctly and then not others? surely everything off of steam should be the same? and as for another poster posting problem about patching i am sure that something is imdeed wrong somewhere..

perhaps you can tell me how to fix my issue of not being able to use the game how i want....

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 03:33:44 »

Hi reck,

I was actually writing in reply to the topic starter's question.

Well, seeing how it's to do with Steam and their updating of the game, perhaps their customer service can help you with that. Vstep doesn't have direct influence over them, I'm afraid. Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I'm sure the people at Steam can, since they apply the updates.

Edit - I saw the bit about the previously installed demo. Perhaps your pc still holds some leftover files or registration from that.

I haven't used the demo so not sure if it has the unregister.exe tool, but if it does and you can't manually clean any and all leftovers from the demo.. installing that again and unregistering it with that, and then unintalling it again, might clean the rest. Once that is all gone, there's no reason for the newly installed SSE full version to find anything demo related anymore. If that's still not it, I reckon that the Steam people could still have a better answer.

Sorry, I'm not expert on this matter. But if it indeed is a conflict with the old demo install, then cleaning that up 100% should fix it..  keyword = should.

Regards,
Fred

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:47:16 by Mad_Fred »

reck

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:48:41 »

Hi reck,

I was actually writing in reply to the topic starter's question.

Well, seeing how it's to do with Steam and their updating of the game, perhaps their customer service can help you with that. Vstep doesn't have direct influence over them, I'm afraid. Sorry, I can't answer your question, but I'm sure the people at Steam can, since they apply the updates.

Regards,
Fred

well thanks for checking my posts on the matter

ok so the problem is on steams side (i already have a petition open with them)

but this still does not help me, and yes you may have been replying to the op (sorry for hijacking thread) but i got no response to my thread with details of the problem and things i have tried,

i dont know if you work for vstep or not if you do then maybe you can anser the support email i sent in and help me?

i hope that you can, if not i feel as though i am just going to be given the run around with the whole contact steam contact vstep blah blah blah

as i fell as even though me and the OP have same issue with version number you say that it is the correct version but if we cannot play with other players just because of a display issue then we will be essentaily losing out on upto 50% of the game

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 03:52:33 »

You're welcome.

I just edited my previous post after reading a bit more about your problem, check above.

And no I don't work for Vstep. I'm a volunteer.  :)  

I am in contact with them of course, but there is  already someone that takes care of the support mails though, at the office.

But you can still try and see if there's still more cleaning to do regarding the demo install, and maybe together with our tecchies here, it can be solved. And if it is indeed a steam related problem, then I am sure the good people there will act on it aswell.

If indeed the demo install is doing this, then totally whiping all reference to it off the pc should do.

Regards,
Fred

reck

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 03:56:31 »

You're welcome.

I just edited my previous post after reading a bit more about your problem, check above.

And no I don't work for Vstep. I'm a volunteer.  :)  

I am in contact with them of course, but there is  already someone that takes care of the support mails though, at the office.

But you can still try and see if there's still more cleaning to do regarding the demo install, and maybe together with our tecchies here, it can be solved. And if it is indeed a steam related problem, then I am sure the good people there will act on it aswell.

If indeed the demo install is doing this, then totally whiping all reference to it off the pc should do.

Regards,
Fred

hi, here are things i have tried,

as partialy stolen from my other thread:

ok so this morning i have tried:

unregister the game using unregister.exe
uninstall game using steam option
delete left over SSE folder in steam directory
delete SSE folder in my documents
removed 10 files from the registry that i could find to do with SSE
restart computer
redownload from steam
launch.....

still on build 1003 version 1.0.0

then after a brainwave i singed up for another steam account and downloaded the demo again ran it once (did notice that the demo shows as a newer version than my game)

then i quit unregistered and redownloaded the game but still same problem
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines