Hello Guest May 08, 2024, 18:23:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 bugs found in Ship Simulator 2008 (so far....)  (Read 3729 times)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
3 bugs found in Ship Simulator 2008 (so far....)
« on: July 15, 2007, 22:23:49 »

Before I start, can I say what a great game SS2008 is! It's definately a huge improvement over SS2006, especially the realistic ship motion from ocean waves!

However I have came across 3 bugs, which I hope it would be resolved. It's only happened to me once so I'm not sure if that would happen again. Here it goes....

(1) TITANIC VOYAGE TO NEW YORK

When the Titanic reaches the final waypoint at the Solent (from Southampton) and re-spawns into the Atlantic Ocean with icebergs, the ship is totally invisible, apart from the smoke from the funnels if the engines are running (expect that you can't move at all).

(2) NEW YORK DUTIES

When the Fairmount Sherpa re-spawns into the Atlantic Ocean from NY Harbour, she is immediately sunk. Just before she had sunk, I noticed that there was a mooring line between from where the Fairmount Sherpa had been re-spawned and where the oil rig was. My guess is that the mooring line was enabled by mistake, causing her to sink immediately.

(3) Other people have reported this bug as well but I'll post it anyway so that it's not an isolated incident. When you're having a walkabout on the P&O ferry Pride of Rotterdam and going down the  stairways at the rear, you discover that you're unable to walk up the stairways again.

Apart from these bugs, I'm loving the game!!   ;D

(EDITED - slipped fingers, I should have said "huge improvement over SS2006", not SS2008 as originally posted)  :-[
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 22:41:19 by Kevinmcg_ships »
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

barny kulbille

• Forum member
Re: 3 bugs found in Ship Simulator 2008 (so far....)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 22:55:52 »

On the mission where you sail on a cruise from San Fransisco I've had the Pride of Rotterdam re-spawn at the islands only to hear a crashing noise and find that she has instantly sunk to the point where only her superstructure is showing.

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 23:17:10 »

That's strange, I did the "Cruise to Phi Phi" mission with Pride of Rotterdam and it was fine. I was able to complete the mission successfully. I wonder if it's a random bug thing?

I'm going to re-attempt the "New York Duties" mission again and see if Fairmount Sherpa would sink again when she is re-spawned in the Atlantic Ocean.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 00:10:02 by Kevinmcg_ships »
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 00:09:41 »

I have just completed "New York duties" and managed to complete the mission successfuly.

The Fairmount Sherpa didn't sink this time when she was re-spawn at Atlantic Ocean, so I'm guessing it must be some sort of a random bug thing.

adrienne

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:09:47 »

I have the same when the Fairmount Sherpa re-spawns into the Atlantic Ocean from Rotterdam, she is immediately sunk.
With New York was the same but there it a couple of times wrong and a couple times well.

Adrienne :-)

adrienne

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 11:03:16 »

This morning I have received an e-mail from ShipSim.
In which they confirm that this bugs and in the following Patch they will correct it.
When the patch come they not yet knew.

Adrienne   :)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 11:11:50 »

OOH!

I played "Offshore Supplier" mission for the first time and when the Fairmount Sherpa re-spawns into the Atlantic Ocean (from Port of Rotterdam), I almost lost her in the same way I did when she re-spawned into Atlantic Ocean in "New York Duties" mission.

There WAS a mooring line between Fairmount Sherpa and the oil rig (over a very great distance!), causing her to be pulled under water. It was only by my quick action to disconnect the mooring line that she finally got free and starts to float again.

Maybe this is something that the developer needs to look into? Maybe this only happens the first time you play a mission involving an oil rig?

p.s. just saw your posting, Adrienne, many thanks!  :) It's good to know that the Ship Sim developers are aware of this bug and will be fixing it with a patch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines