Hello Guest May 10, 2024, 20:33:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: sweet  (Read 3477 times)

Capt. Le Velle

• Forum member
Re: sweet
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2008, 19:06:12 »

if somebody is on your property in mississippi i can kill them if i want.  its legal to shoot them to if your shot at

Pain is weakness leaving the body-Special Ops Instructors.
http://www.freewebs.com/shipsimusa/

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2008, 19:10:29 »

You can shoot them. It is called self defense, if your property or life in in immediate danger you have the right to shoot.

+

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_arms

The people's right to have their own arms for their defense is described in the philosophical and political writings of Aristotle, Cicero, John Locke, Machiavelli, the English Whigs, and others.[10] Though possessing arms appears to be distinct from "bearing" them, the possession of arms is recognized as necessary for and a logical precursor to the bearing of arms.[11] Particularly in the event of oppression or slaughter of people by governments or racial majorities, researchers have noted that exercise of the right to bear arms internationally is intrinsically linked to a people's ability to possess them.[12]

In commentary written by Justice Cummings in United States v. Emerson, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit concluded in 2001 that:[13]

"there are numerous instances of the phrase 'bear arms' being used to describe a civilian's carrying of arms. Early constitutional provisions or declarations of rights in at least some ten different states speak of the right of the 'people' [or 'citizen' or 'citizens'] "to bear arms in defense of themselves [or 'himself'] and the state,' or equivalent words, thus indisputably reflecting that under common usage 'bear arms' was in no sense restricted to bearing arms in military service."[14]

The bearing of arms by civilians in this sense is exercised in Israel to prevent terrorist attacks on grade schools.[15]

Similarly, in a released Senate report on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Senator Orrin G. Hatch, chairman, U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on the Constitution, states:

They argue that the Second Amendment's words "right of the people" mean "a right of the state" — apparently overlooking the impact of those same words when used in the First and Fourth Amendments. The "right of the people" to assemble or to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures is not contested as an individual guarantee. Still they ignore consistency and claim that the right to "bear arms" relates only to military uses. This not only violates a consistent constitutional reading of "right of the people" but also ignores that the second amendment protects a right to "keep" arms. "When our ancestors forged a land "conceived in liberty", they did so with musket and rifle. When they reacted to attempts to dissolve their free institutions, and established their identity as a free nation, they did so as a nation of armed freemen. When they sought to record forever a guarantee of their rights, they devoted one full amendment out of ten to nothing but the protection of their right to keep and bear arms against governmental interference. Under my chairmanship the Subcommittee on the Constitution will concern itself with a proper recognition of, and respect for, this right most valued by free men."[16]

Likewise, the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed in District of Columbia v. Heller, No. 07-290, that "The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home."

The Captain

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 19:19:11 »

I bet it took a while to write all that ;D. I don't have time to read it all, but I do get your point Austin :). Thank you both for clearing that up for me ;D.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines