Hello Guest May 07, 2024, 02:37:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Do you run SSE on a desktop or laptop?

Desktop
Laptop
Both desktop and laptop
Can run on desktop but not laptop

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you run SSE on a desktop or laptop?  (Read 2824 times)

Vige

• Forum member
Do you run SSE on a desktop or laptop?
« on: December 19, 2010, 03:49:06 »

Just trying to find out the success that laptop users are having with SSE.

My curiosity got the better of me.

Laptop users if it doesn't run the game can you state why please  ;D

Eg. my laptop doesn't because dxdiag sees my onboard graphics but my 1Gb nVidia GT335M

Thanks for your replies
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:54:34 by Vige »

lacapt

• Forum member
Re: Do you run SSE on a desktop or laptop?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 17:28:44 »

I run it on my laptop, it goes a bit slow but i can enjoy the game with graphics set to middle quality.
Im very glad about it because in some graphiccard table that was presented here on the forum SSE would need about 3000 (of something) to work and my graphic card was listed to only 600, so i feel like a winner who can play it!

Captain. Mitch

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 20:25:08 »

Hello all!

I run the SSE on my desktop. But i don't play it because it doesen't work well, i'm waiting some money for my new graphic card.

My specifications in general:

Processor: Intel 7300 Dual Core - 2x 2.66 G
Graphic Card: Nvidia 8600 GTS 512 MB
RAM Memory: 3 GB DDR2 on 800 MGHZ
Hard disc: WD - 640 GB

With this specifications it works quite slow, the problem is probably in graphic card and RAM memory, because those are the only things wich are on the limit for Wndows 7 OS. Graphic card is making problems on Windows 7, it says it is 256 MB, because it is ocupied, but on XP works as 512 MB and probably works better, but i haven't  tryed to instal it on XP yet. RAM memory is 3 GB wich is also on limit for Windows 7 specifications.

For latpops, i don't know how it works for you, but laptop aren't made for games, there are some gaming laptops but they are quite expensive. I tryed instal my SSE on 3 latopos of my borther and friends, and also works but it is slow, the only laptop on wich it worked, is the laptop of my friend. But that is AlienWare and it costs almost 5 000 $ and that is to much for laptop.

I hope i'l buy my parts or a new computer soon, so i'l be able to play the SSE soon.

Many kind regards!
Captain. Mitch

thyro

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 21:10:47 »

You missed another box option (NON-Laptop+NON-Desktop) but a (games computer)... a "rig" just to play games and to crunch whatever max graphs the game is able to throw...

Some here would say, its a kinda of "NASA computer", but I would reckon, that even NASA would be screaming as underpowered and under budget it is compared to the "rig" ;)

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 00:37:21 »

You missed another box option (NON-Laptop+NON-Desktop) but a (games computer)... a "rig" just to play games and to crunch whatever max graphs the game is able to throw...

Some here would say, its a kinda of "NASA computer", but I would reckon, that even NASA would be screaming as underpowered and under budget it is compared to the "rig" ;)

hy thyro,

what are the specs of your "rig"? and is your "rig" housed in a desktop or a laptop casing?  :evil:
We're all buddies in boats

thyro

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 22:30:05 »

hy thyro,

what are the specs of your "rig"? and is your "rig" housed in a desktop or a laptop casing?  :evil:

my rig is tower therefore neither laptop (too heavy to carry around) neither is a desktop (to big to be on my desk)  :evil:

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 23:08:25 »

my rig is tower therefore neither laptop (too heavy to carry around) neither is a desktop (to big to be on my desk)  :evil:

Ok I see where you're coming from.  However, I think basically its a desktop PC even though the tower may sit under the desk everything else is normally on the desk; ie Monitor, keyboard mouse, speakers and other peripherals. Its quite rare these days for a PC to sit on the desk except for in an office enviroment.
We're all buddies in boats

Chitch

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 03:27:07 »

Mitch, you might want to look into the GeForce 9500 GT....I got one for a song (1 GB) from Tiger Direct ...had to bump up my power supply, but the way it runs, it was worth it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines