Hello Guest May 16, 2024, 08:33:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help in Tourist Tales Mission  (Read 8947 times)

Sailors

• Forum member
Help in Tourist Tales Mission
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:02:35 »

Hi,

I just bought Ship Simulator Extremes yesterday and I'm not familiar with the mechanics of the game. I tried to play the Tourist Tales mission, but I do not know how to unmoor the yacht, i.e. I do not know how to untie the ropes that are attached to the yacht. Since I do not know how to do this, I'm stuck at the dock and I'm unable to sail off.

I have also tried to read the manual, but it does not offer any assistance or guide in the mission gameplay.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me in this matter. What do I have to do or what key do I have to press in order to unmoor the yacht from the dock?

Thank you.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: Help in Tourist Tales Mission
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:27:49 »

Hi Sailors,

Welcome to the Forum !

I would suggest, you first register your copy of SSE in your Profile in this Forum. This will allow you access to many other boards of the Forum and also take part in Multiplayer (online with other players). I would also encourage you to browse around the Forum and see what it has to offer. Many of your doubts can be addressed by using the "Search" option and by choosing the right words it will open up many posts dealing with a problem similar to yours. If the "Search" fails, please feel free to post. At the same time, I am not discouraging you from posting since you are new. One of the Moderators or another member will certainly offer help.

Regarding mooring and unmooring, please read this post below. Though it explains the procedure for a cruise liner, in principle it is the same for any type of vessel. There are screenshots to guide you along with text.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,22556.msg300237.html#msg300237

If you still have further questions, please feel free to post and you will receive an answer.

Regards
vin_sun

Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Sailors

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:54:08 »

Hi Vin Sun,

Thank you very much for your help.

I managed to unmoor the yacht from the dock successfully.

However, I've another problem - I cannot find the Orient Star cruise liner.

Where is it located?

Thanks again.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:20:27 »

Hi Sailors,

The "Orient Star" exists in each and every mission listed under Tourist Tales. Are you referring to any particular mission ? In case it's the very first one - The Journey Begins - you will have to take the boat to her by following the wayponts on the chart (the green stars). You will keep getting instructions on the top left of your screen. Pay attention to those as it does not stay for a long time.

If you have problems in future with any mission you will have to post in the Missions board of SSE. But you will get access to that board only after you register your copy of SSE. If you keep posting in this current board, any Moderator will move it to the Missions board. If someone answers there you will not be able to read it. So, please do register it in your Profile.

Regards
vin_sun

Sailors

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 11:19:36 »

Hi Vin Sun,

I listened to your advice, but I could not find any green stars on the map/ chart.

Where are the green stars supposed to be?

I did not see any instructions that guided me to the exact location of the Orient Star either.

When will I see them?

Thank you.

TJK

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 12:14:58 »

Hi Sailor

when you un moor you ship then you get the wp activated see picture
in the compass rose you see a dot and a circle and a arrow , sail so the dot are in the circle and meet
the arrow and dot  are the point you are sailing toward
Hope this helped you
on picture 2 you see i have activated the first wp and got a new on uprivers, their you will find OS

Regards,
Tore_TJK

« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 12:48:33 by TJK »

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 13:23:29 »

Hi Sailors,

TJK has explained well with his screenshots.

I have used parts of his picture (thanks Tore) to explain a bit more. Please see attached screen shots which is self explanatory.

You still have not registered your copy of SSE in your Profile. Please do it at the earliest.

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 13:26:53 by vin_sun »

TJK

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 13:33:59 »

No problem Vin_sun wee are her for helping out as good wee can
Tore_TJK

Sailors

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 13:55:07 »

Hi Vin Sun and Tore,

After reading your detailed explanations, I've a much better idea of how to find the Orient Star cruise liner.

Previously, I did not quite understand your instructions as they were very vague to me.

However, with the additional explanations and screenshots, it really helped me a lot in navigating the yacht.

I've also registered my copy of Ship Simulator Extremes.

Do I now post any questions or problems with the missions in the Missions section?

Thank you.

TJK

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 13:59:10 »

Happy sailing Sailor hope you will have many times with fun :2thumbs: 

Tore

Sailors

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 14:07:15 »

Thank you very much, Tore!

I also experienced another problem.

I have unmoored the yacht and I have started sailing towards the Orient Star, then my Ship Simulator Extremes program starts to freeze and hang.

Why is this so?

Is it due to my computer not having enough resources to handle the game's system requirements?

Thanks.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 14:24:09 »

Hi Sailors,

Good move there, by registering your copy of SSE.

Yes, if you have any questions regarding any Mission, you will have to post it in the Missions board of SSE. Please mention the Campaign and the name of the mission. In fact if you just type in the name of the mission in the "Search" option, it will in all probability list out posts of members regarding it and you may find a solution without posting. But as I said before, please do not hesitate to ask for help.

The controls of vessels differ from one another, so there will be some learning / experimentation to do.

Here is a tip - if you want to try out the controls of any vessel. I suggest you use a Free Roaming mission. Choose the Atlantic as an environment. Opt for clear weather and in daytime. Now you can do whatever you want here and get familiar with the controls. There is little or no traffic so there are less chances of collisions and since it is deep there will be no groundings.

As for the mission you are now on - The Journey Begins - the final instruction is a bit vague. It tells you to proceed to the "designated pier" but there is no waypoint star to guide you towards it. There have been a fair number of questions from members regarding this and you can search (as I guided you). When you do approach the pier, do not try to go firmly alongside it as it is shallow and the "Orient Star" will go aground. Stay in deeper waters and conduct the mooring. Yes, a bit odd but that's how this mission was designed.

Please take some time and explore the various boards of the Forum to get familiar with it.

Regards
vin_sun

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 14:27:09 »

Is it due to my computer not having enough resources to handle the game's system requirements?

Hi Sailors,

Yes, I wanted to ask you if your computer satisfied all of SSE's System Requirements.

Please post your Dxdiag. There is a tutorial regarding this in the Tech Support board. Follow the steps there and post it as an attachment.

We will take a look and tell you.

Regards
vin_sun

TJK

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 14:28:58 »

Thank you very much, Tore!

I also experienced another problem.

I have unmoored the yacht and I have started sailing towards the Orient Star, then my Ship Simulator Extremes program starts to freeze and hang.

Why is this so?

Thanks.

yes it can be you pc that have not enough power to run the game properly, add a question in tec support board about it and add you DxDiag file with you post, then we can answer you question type  DxDiag in the start button  and click the program that pop up and and save all information and add it to you post
Tore

sorry doable post her vin_sun, you can take over now :thumbs:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 14:32:38 by TJK »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines