Hello Guest May 21, 2024, 04:10:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Titanic: Mystery Finally Solved!!!!  (Read 2133 times)

hansgutana

• Forum member
Titanic: Mystery Finally Solved!!!!
« on: March 28, 2013, 13:59:54 »

Watch this video and you'll know what i'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD1jUXycERo

Mr Robville

• Administrator
Re: Titanic: Mystery Finally Solved!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:25:33 »

Ehh. You know an average forum user would consider this as spam right?

Please explain the purpose of this topic.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 16:49:59 »

Titanic hasn't been relevant to this forum since about a year after SSE released, when it became apparent that VSTEP silently fully abandoned bringing Titanic to SSE without telling their users until sometime later, despite pre-release media indicating precisely the contrary.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 20:41:56 »

You do realise that without an optimized model, Vstep could not really do much about it, right?  ;)

It's not all their fault, maybe even less than someone else that you well know...  So why make it sound so negative towards only one party involved?  Not 100% fair, the way you put it.

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 23:14:30 »

That someone also seems to have fully cut ties with Ship Simulator from what I can tell, so some explanation about the whole affair would be appreciated ::)

I think the thing that I think irks me the most is that these tidbits of information seem to only get revealed after we bug and even annoy the moderation team enough, and even then it comes from the moderators instead of the developers. This seems to be the case even beyond issues regarding the Titanic! Just look at how the Dover-Calais issue played out: players continually brought it up for weeks on end until we eventually got confirmation from a forum administrator!

I'm not asking for all of my Ship Sim information to come from the developers, nor that my questions get sent directly to them; it's just that it would feel so much more transparent if we periodically (if not regularly) got news about what the developers are working on, preferably straight from the horse's mouth!

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 04:14:00 »

Well, I'm sorry but just because he modeled a ship that you love, doesn't mean you're entitled to specific details of a termination of cooperation between two business partners, I reckon.  :P 

When there was still a feasible option to add Titanic, such was said.. when it wasn't quite sure what would happen, it was left vague (no other choice, they didnt know after all), and then when there wasn't much hope anymore, many of us volunteers have dropped numerous very clear hints about the chance of Titanic returning being slim to none. But I have also seen you post in reply to such remarks in a manner that clearly showed you were not quite prepared to accept that fact or didn't believe we were speaking with factual knowledge of the procedings. But that's not our fault though. :P

All I am saying is, please don't post sneers at the party that might not be the main cause of your disappoinment. Specially when you already knew that it wasn't 100% fair to do so. I bet you don't post something like that about Jason on your Titanic Research forums either, right? So please just grant Vstep the same kinda respect, as would be only fair, after all.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

RMS Gigantic

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 04:49:14 »

My apologies for my brash tone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines