Hello Guest May 05, 2024, 18:55:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: New patch  (Read 55799 times)

Finn700

• Forum member
Re: New patch
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2010, 18:59:57 »

I knew Steam would be a problem...
I was right...

:doh:

Note to VSTEP: For ShipSim Extremes Version 2... PLEASE don't use Steam...

Many Thanks

It takes two to tango right?
Steam is a major corporate and it can be slow cause it handles thousands of games at the time, and if update-request is informed too late (like in seems to be in this case) it can't meet the unrealistic deadlines and so to be postponed.

SSE is the one and only Steam enabled product which I've ever encountered problems with publishing and updates, so maybe you're pointing your arrow to a wrong direction...

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2010, 19:42:02 »

Hi Guys
Sorry but I agree with meno V-Step lose for not giving you the patch They Lose if they
give you the patch witch as Frank stated (In order to achieve the best update possible)
We get it in the ear for defending v-step
If we can all use a bit of common sense 1 week to me is seven days so therefore I will expect the
patch next friday all being well,
                                                                                                           Eric

oilburner

• Forum member
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2010, 02:27:58 »

Maybe they decided to add TrackIR support so I don't have to command the ship like im in a necbrace!!!! (lol I know they won't but it's nice to dream) 8)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2010, 04:17:45 »

SSE is the one and only Steam enabled product which I've ever encountered problems with publishing and updates, so maybe you're pointing your arrow to a wrong direction...

Well I wish I could say the same.  :doh:

:)

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2010, 09:31:43 »

I don't mind waiting another week for v1.2 patch.

I would rather the guys at Vstep to make sure the v1.2 patch work properly, rather than rushing out the patch, only for us to find out it has caused more problems, which would then make it necessary for Vstep to do additional work to release patch v1.3 and so on.... :doh:

If my memory serves me correct, Vstep did once rushed out one of the patches for SS2008 which caused more problems than it's supposed to solve....sounds like Vstep have learnt their lessons this time (good for them).

Be patient guys!
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

flaviossa

• Forum member
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2010, 13:08:46 »

But that´s exactly the point. They aren´t rushing anything. The only problem as i see here is the delay with STEAM version. Not to do with the patch is rushed or not!!!
ShipSim 08 / ShipSim Extremes
Win10 Pro 64 - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H100i - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - EVGA GTX1080 SC - TrackIR 5 - SSD 960Gb + 480Gb Hyper X 3K

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2010, 17:32:19 »

Yes Bringing track ir back would be a nice touch..!!!

martman101

• Forum member
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2010, 00:11:35 »

oh i think will see the mission editor be the end of October,it might be delayed though, seeing as almost everything from VSTEP about ship sim extremes has been delayed, first the game was supposed to be out in june, but they postponed it to august and v1.2 is delayed, who knows we might be getting mission editor in november, maybe even december, oh well i don't really care for mission editor though

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2010, 02:18:19 »

Martman,

Why post such a pointless post? It baffles me why people moan and moan with no point to what they actually write.

If you think it is so easy, why not go and create your own simulator and release it on time when you say you will ;) :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

TJK

« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2010, 02:25:01 »

HI  martman

I working right now with the mission editor and try to learn it and test out things so it scale be good when it will bee realized, This editor have so many advance features that most be learned and totally different and that one in ss08.

we will have it to work before all get it and if you not will wait, OK do as  Captain Spencer told you, make you own.

then you maybe will see how easy it is to make a good simulator and editor :doh:

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2010, 02:52:43 »

Martman101, I think you have a good point with what you are saying, as I read what you say so are you not complaining about anything, just state some facts. Everything has been delayed, that is how it is.

Captain spencer, I understand if you read what Martman say as a complain. But, have you never in your life complained about that you have had to wait for something or someone? If that is the case so do you have a mind of a munk. And I suppose that you are consequent in what you are saying, if someone complain that the train/buss/fly/boat/taxi/etc, so are you telling them that they could drive their own train/buss/fly/taxi/etc. And if you have to wait long time for your food at a restarurante, and tell the waiter/waitress that you have waited long time, so are you happy if they answer that you can go home and make your own food if you like it faster. If a restaurante should treat their customers like that so will not many person go back to that restaurant.

Maybe Vstep will learn of this one day, and not give a finish day before they realy know that it will be finished that day, and if they do not know, then not set a date. Then will some of cource complain why it is no date, but that is easy to answer: We do not know. Or Vstep could give a more unexact date.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2010, 04:54:08 »

But would someone that complains about the bus being late, but who is not actually taking the bus, not be making a pointless remark then, you'd say?

And  surely, the remark toward Captain Spencer then holds true for you too. And did you go and put 50 complaining posts on all the forums for all the products and services you have had to wait for, or were not satisfied with, in the past aswell then? Or just here?  ::)

;)

A lot of people here must be quite new to the gaming scene, or not have followed many releases-to-be and their many predicted dates along the way.  ;D

If they don't announce anything, people constantly moan that nothing is being communicated. And when they try to find a way in the middle and announce 'guestimations', then when they are not met, suddenly it's a 'broken promis' and hey presto, more moaning.

With people like some of you, that start to sound like a broken record, one can NEVER do right, anyway. No matter what, there will be complaints. Some of the stuff that's been argued about wasn't/isn't even factual and based on misgivings and misunderstandings. :doh:

Maybe you guys will learn some day too, that it's not a black & white, exact science, this developing, specially if you haven't got the budget and manpower that the big companies do, that are always dragged in as comparison. Apples and Oranges...  ::)

Date not met? result; moaning..  Date met but because of it the game/patch is not finished?  Result; moaning too.  So what else is there left then? Hop in a time machine and go back to change it all? Or work as hard as you can to bring the customers patches to finish it?  Any other ideas would be helpful! But guess what.. there's nothing else left to do now but be patient while they work hard to make it better. Or, get your refund, so you dont have to get so frustrated that you feel you have to keep repeating yourself till your blue in the face.  ;D

It all comes down to those things. No ammount of complaining will make Vstep more aware of what they already know, I assure you. And they can't work much harder than they are working at the moment. And you'll just have to take our word for it, since we can 'look into the kitchen'  from where we're sitting and assisting.

So either one is patient now and waits till the game gets better, or one gets his or her money back. There is nothing in between that can be done, and we've said so many times that the things the complainers complain about are being worked on, that it's just getting a bit silly with some of the members that just won't take that from us and think all we do is 'defending' Vstep.

It works both ways, gents.  :thumbs:

Fred.

alan2605

• Forum member
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2010, 08:18:56 »

Well said Fred. All this moaning and groaning is not getting the patch done any quicker. Why not just have a sticky thread by the 'Admin' giving us the present situation and if any other threads are started then they are closed by the moderators. I have never seen such a messy forum with so many duplicate threads which in many cases are pointless.

So as for the new patch let's just wait and see what we get.

A patience simmer

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2010, 13:33:06 »

I have never seen such a messy forum with so many duplicate threads which in many cases are pointless.

Do you really want a bland forum whos members resemble the 'Stepford Wives'.  In my humble opinion, a bit of banter and some well thought out argument is what makes forums such as this more interesting and exiting to read.

As long as it does not get nasty and is well humoured, AND there is no Trolling, I believe even the poor mods must get some satisfaction out of comming up with a good well thought out counter argument to anyones complaint (especially when its not in their native language).  I have learned quite a lot about SS08 & SSE by following the most heated discussions.

Anyway, what I am trying to say is that because this forum is sometimes "a bit messy with duplicate, pointless arguments" is precisley what makes it a very good read. 
We're all buddies in boats

joshbw

• Forum member
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2010, 14:32:43 »

"A lot of people here must be quite new to the gaming scene, or not have followed many releases-to-be and their many predicted dates along the way" - Fred

If anyone appears new to the gaming scene believe me its Vstep not the guys who shelled out 50 euros for beta software......

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2010, 14:35:35 »

Well, yes, Vstep is relatively new to the gaming scene, having mostly done other projects before that.

And in fact, doing better than many 'big names' did when they were comparably new to it themselves.  ;D

But that was not my point.  :P

Fred
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 14:49:09 by Mad_Fred »

coryt415

• Forum member
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2010, 01:17:35 »

lol this is like a episode of "general hospital" or "one life to live"   :2thumbs: i love it

joshbw

• Forum member
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2010, 12:39:46 »

I am just busting balls Mr. Fred.  Good luck with the patch I hope it works out for ya. :2thumbs:

wigelz

• Forum member
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2010, 13:39:47 »

i think updateing the old post is worng thou @Frank .. we need proper information not the same post updated daily when it suits them.

In the last few weeks PC games have failed! brought 3 new games! all of which are not working properly and require patching!
you wouldnt buy a car and leave it on your drive for 4 weeks while they finish building it!

Markus97

• Forum member
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2010, 14:43:18 »

Tomorrow? Or on Friday?  :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

/Markus
Want to see "Ship Simulator"-videos and trailers in real full-HD? Click here!

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2010, 14:46:29 »

Sleep well Markus. ::)
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Crp

• Forum member
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2010, 15:20:32 »

i think updateing the old post is worng thou @Frank .. we need proper information not the same post updated daily when it suits them.

In the last few weeks PC games have failed! brought 3 new games! all of which are not working properly and require patching!
you wouldnt buy a car and leave it on your drive for 4 weeks while they finish building it!

But you also don't pay 20.000 euros for a game ;)

Captain Spencer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2010, 15:21:38 »

That's a completely different topic although together, you cannot compare a car with a game.

This game has had its problems when it first came out and I agree there shouldn't have been however, at least VSTEP are doing something about the game rather than leaving it as it is! :)
Artificial Intelligence beats Real Stupidity.<br />If at first you don\'t succeed, call it version 1.0.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2010, 15:30:59 »

Never heard of people that buy a car that isn't even built yet?  I have...

My old boss had to wait nearly 6 months for the new Mercedes he bought.  

And it needed to go back to the factory twice before he was happy with it.

Okay, it's not what you meant.... but oh well.   :P  :)

Fred.

wigelz

• Forum member
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2010, 16:27:56 »

i paid enough for the game and had to wait 4 days to play it! due to various Steam problems
Thats just ****  i mean i support vstep and i had quite a few of the SS games but comon whats on the box and screenies they put up is not what iv got.

Trading standards would probly see it my way! anyway.... suppose il wait a bit longer to have fixes and a patch.

* Edited for language - Fred
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 16:29:34 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines